sick of 'gurus': new trader asking advice from normal traders?

Some traders love gizmos don't they?

No idea, sorry, I'm not trader, I'm learning the trading. Ask the traders on the forum. Try to find a rare real one here.

Trader is a folk with regular and substantial profit from trading activity, making a living on it. The rest are: beguinners (like me), scammers and just folks looking for social life on the web. The last ones are the huge majority here.

Last edited:
I see, and you're telling me about DOM :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong, I speak about DOMina

domina.png

I am nothing like you. I don't believe in taking courses.

That's sure. You have 1400 posts in one year on a forum. You just live here.

:LOL:
No idea, sorry, I'm not trader, I'm learning the trading. Ask the traders on the forum. If find a rare real one here.

Trader is a folk with regular and substantial profit from trading activity, making a living on it. The rest are: beguinners (like me), scammers and just folks looking for social life on the web. The last ones are the huge majority here.

Most odd :| - Your profile states you are a Home based, full time, scalper of Bonds and Futures. But you now state (above) that you are a beginner. Indeed, you also write (above) that you are not a trader:eek:
Your post reads as if English is not your first language so maybe you have difficulty expressing yourself accurately for your intended audience? But, don't give up; keep trying and we will do our best to interpret the meaning of your posts and compile suitable replies to assist you in your quest for additional knowledge.(y)
Didn't know you liked dressing up as Catwoman though:-0:LOL:

you now state (above) that you are a beginner. Indeed, you also write (above) that you are not a trader:eek:

you are right. I'm beginner. I spent some 2-3 years trading Forex, ES, Spreads and so. Thinkorswim, Velocity, FXCM, Alpari, all the common stuff. Demo and real. I've read all Bulkowsky and exchanged some e-mails with him, very nice person. O'Neil's Investors subscription, some trials at Zacks, followed the newsletters from Dan Zanger. Indicators and methods. Yes, I did a pretty good walk all around before I understand it's all non-sense. I just binned everything. All the books. And I really consider myself as beginner, cause all this brainwashing is not trading. I watch the DOM for about one month and I say I'm one month old beginner. That's it.

keep trying and we will do our best to interpret the meaning of your posts and compile suitable replies to assist you in your quest for additional knowledge.(y)

who's that, WE? :sleep:

Your profile says you trade currencies? And you comment on my posts about the bond's DOM? Funny one.
Trading currencies requires an account with 100 quid’s and you start your mini FXCM. Become a currencies trader for less than a price of jean, wow! I've done that 2 years ago. What is your trade size? 1 mini lot? More? Anyhow, trading currencies you have no idea what the DOM is, useless to play an experienced trader and check my writing/spelling. Unless you trade for a bank and have a full interbank DOM, you have no idea what you are speaking about.

After your nearly 4000 posts you must be a pro trader in the City or Canary Warf? Prop? JP Moprgan in they new 25 Bank street? If so, I'm ready even to pay you for lessons. No joke. If not, who are you? And who are "WE"? (n)

Traders living from trading? They are pretty rare here.
Beginners? I think they are much more honest than the rest of the crowd and have often a fresh view. I'm more inclined to listen a beginner who speak about his mistakes than a virtual trader giving lessons.
Scammers and wizards? No, thanks.
Just folks having social problems and living permanently on the web, no matter what forum is about, trading or vintage watches? Making 1000 posts in 6 moths and not a single dollar in a year?

So, if you want to give me english lessons, no, thanks, it's ok for me, I speak several languages. I hope you made effort to understand more than one.

If you want to teach me trading, identify you first. And by the way, speak for yourself and don't say "WE".

Last edited:
well you should bother - because you might learn something.

For instance, you might learn that one of John Gradys students applied to Futex and out of the few thousand applicants, he was taken on. That are now training him and paying him for the privilege. At the end of the training he will be trading their capital.

You might also learn that not all markets are the same. On the ES, I agree that what is 8 levels out is largely irrelevant unless it is exceptionally large. On thinner markets like the CL, it's a different game and exceptional quantities at any level are a something you need to pay attention to. On the thicker markets refreshing on the opposite side of size is important and a bunch of other stuff I won't explain because your argument of "but you are a vendor" means it'll fall on deaf ears.

At the end of the day, the more people that think this aspect of trading is nonsense, the better for those spending the time on it.

Toodle pip.

The irony is staggering you talk about a guy who did John gradys course and then we to futex, why did he do that. Prob because he what he learnt from John was BS. If the course was so good why go to futex. Rofl. Same 5hit different ar5e now.

You are correct ANYTHING a vendor says to me will fall on deaf ears and for good reason. Just the same as I don't go to an estate agent for advice on house prices. Capiche.

I haven't been offended. I don't care what they or you do and what they or you imagine they or you know, just as long as they or you don't call it 'tape reading'. No offence.

And there it is right there, the difference is tape reading is genuine, the inside bidask on the DOM can be useful but the rest of the DOM is useless.

The irony is staggering you talk about a guy who did John gradys course and then we to futex, why did he do that. Prob because he what he learnt from John was BS. If the course was so good why go to futex. Rofl. Same 5hit different ar5e now.

You can just ask if you want some more information. No need to jump to silly conclusions. We are all grown ups.

The guy was in the industry but at what he thought was the wrong end. He quit his job with 25k saved and got a bar job. He was doing that and trading his limited capital at the same time.

He saw the opportunity at Futex and rightfully jumped at it. Taking that job took the pressure off, meaning he didn't have to work a bar job as he went through the learning curve.

So now, his 25k is in the bank. He's getting paid a stipend to continue the learning curve with Futex. He no longer has to work the part time job in addition to trading.

Out of 1000's of applicants, he was one of 5 or 6 that got positions.

In short - he's a young, ambitious guy doing what it takes to make it as a trader. I knew him before he applied at Futex and I have a hell of a lot of respect for what he did. The guy has a set of balls on him.

I imagine your story is just as engaging. Why not share it?

Perhaps in some other world, someone can show you the basics and then you become profitable in a week. In my world it doesn't work like that.

This is why people just churn through ideas because they never find one that works after 2 days.

Perhaps in some other world, someone can show you the basics and then you become profitable in a week. In my world it doesn't work like that.

That's absolutely what happened to me. I watched the DOM for a couple of weeks, and there was no way I could manage to understand what to look for. An absolute non-sense. Tryed to get an idea, but no f'...g way. Just numbers. Drived me crazy to just spend my aft noons watching the Matrix.

Then I started to follow the volumes printing at the bid/ask (what the Jigsaw does very well, by the way), I started to follow the flow in and out. In 3-4 days you normaly manage to follow the price pretty close and adding the prints in your head.

The second week I have had a click. After a slow move up, I've just seen as there was a couple of thousands printing at the ask 10y and going immediately bid, and 30y fell one price down. I just understood the stuff and watched the price going down for 5-6 ticks. That's it. I knew it gona come down before it printed on the chart. John speak about this reversal in the video, as I remember it's the first exemple.

So, I sent him e-mail and that's it.

It takes time and effort. When you start understanding what is about, the DOM is an absolutely must have.
So, no the point to blame it, guys, if you did not manage to understand it. It takes time, it takes effort.

Last edited:
That's absolutely what happened to me. I watched the DOM for a couple of weeks, and there was no way I could manage to understand what to look for. An absolute non-sense. Tryed to get an idea, but no f'...g way. Just numbers. Drived me crazy to just spend my aft noons watching the Matrix.

Then I started to follow the volumes printing at the bid/ask (what the Jigsaw does very well, by the way), I started to follow the flow in and out. In 3-4 days you normaly manage to follow the price pretty close and adding the prints in your head.

The second week I have had a click. After a slow move up, I've just seen as there was a couple of thousands printing at the ask 10y and going immediately bid, and 30y fell one price down. I just understood the stuff and watched the price going down for 5-6 ticks. That's it. I knew it gona come down before it printed on the chart. John speak about this reversal in the video, as I remember it's the first exemple.

So, I sent him e-mail and that's it.

It takes time and effort. When you start understanding what is about, the DOM is an absolutely must have.
So, no the point to blame it, guys, if you did not manage to understand it. It takes time, it takes effort.

Stop using ,"Google Translate." It garbles your translation from whatever language you use when attempting to translate it to English. Much better to use a dictionary. However, your attempts are pretty good nonetheless.Keep it up(y)

Stop using ,"Google Translate." It garbles your translation from whatever language you use when attempting to translate it to English. Much better to use a dictionary. However, your attempts are pretty good nonetheless.Keep it up(y)

Your post shows you very well. Second time you watch my grammair. :sleep: Thanks mate. As I see, you have nothing to say about your pips. (n)
One more ghost on the forum.

By the way, I don't use the translator. But suggest you taking some (any) foreign language lessons, usefull for mind opening. Start with 20-30 words of Spanish or French, even if it gona require a lot of intellectual effort from you. As England is the most successful former French colony, you must have some latin origins in you. It can help.

Good sailing to you too, tomorrow the HW is by the noon, 2-3 Beaufort.

Last edited:

I would be willing to bet, that in the universe of traders, there is a subset who started trading with a simple moving average indicator on their chart but now no longer do. Not because they didn't understand how to use it, but after a significant amount of screen time they realised it was unnecessary.

If there is one assertion that bothers me more than any other it is when someone says "You don't use it because you don't understand it". It is especially annoying when it comes from someone with half an hour trading experience.

It is especially annoying when it comes from someone with half an hour trading experience.

One more spreadbetting ghost. Jesus, where all of you are coming from?!

You read the tape making bets? Cool, IG Index? Wonderful. I flip the coin on the Chelsea. Pretty the same.

Last edited:
And you do it better ? Let's see it.
One more guy coming at the 13th page and when someone speak DOM he ask about the tape reading. That's "Legendary member", 1400 posts in one year.

Funniest tread, for a while. :clap: And in plain English.

What are you doing here, guys? Socializing? :LOL:

Last edited: