Votes: 28 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChocolateDigestive

Experienced member
1,153 281
Hang on a minute...the way you been banging on about trading on here comes across like youre a pro!? What's with that?

You actually sound like this Black Swan character quite a bit i reckon, using all the "lingo" and puffing your chest out. :whistling
well I could actually be Black Swan under a multi-nic. :LOL::LOL::LOL: i love a bit of vendor baiting me. lol.

forker

2,688 500
Ive read the history buddy - you can search for any dimwit's postings on here.
So if I started speaking of Spanish, would you actually care to go back and read his posts to get context... Sounds a bit suspicious to me...

Benj1981

Established member
694 108
So if I started speaking of Spanish, would you actually care to go back and read his posts to get context... Sounds a bit suspicious to me...
Black swan is mentioned every 3rd post on here so i searched. That's not against the law is it?

forker

2,688 500
Black swan is mentioned every 3rd post on here so i searched. That's not against the law is it?
No but it sure is a waste of time, especially when you could be working on your trading skills which makes it sound a little suspicious

the hare

2,949 1,283
Black swan is mentioned every 3rd post on here so i searched.
Yeah, CMC's social media department are on the ball. The swan is a legend

VielGeld

Experienced member
1,421 179
I've gone back on T2W's history quite a bit when I joined and after the locals all kept talking about certain individuals.

Trader_Dante, Socrates, Black Swan, Oilfxtrader, etc. the lot. T2W has had a colourful history. (y)

'course, I ain't sayin' Benji isn't a nic. Just that I don't think it's too suspicious to check out forum history if you hang around at all.

Reactions: Benj1981

forker

2,688 500
Maybe it's just me then. Never have looked at the history and never will. It's one thing looking back for the sake of the learning curve, but to look back at someone's posts because others are talking about them because they were so "colourful" is strange, especially when there is a learning curve to tackle. It's almost as though he were not here to gain trading knowledge at all but rather a windup. No offence by the way, it's just my opinion.

rsh01

Experienced member
1,184 299
how does this sort of stuff get through....

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-trading-chat/139984-live-trading-general-chat-lounge-936.html#post1925950

why is there no minimum posts before you can post a link like every other forum?
why is there no bot sweeping the threads for this sort of crap like every other forum?

shirley there is technology out there to scan text and reverse it to work out its been google translated possibly by a bot and then get the poster to verify their existence.

nice cheap trainers though.

Benj1981

Established member
694 108
new members will be doing the same in the future, searching for benj. in about a few months time.

(sorry benj it was a cheap shot)
Yeah cheap and nasty. Thanks "mate".

barjon

Legendary member
10,594 1,733
how does this sort of stuff get through....

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-trading-chat/139984-live-trading-general-chat-lounge-936.html#post1925950

why is there no minimum posts before you can post a link like every other forum?
why is there no bot sweeping the threads for this sort of crap like every other forum?

shirley there is technology out there to scan text and reverse it to work out its been google translated possibly by a bot and then get the poster to verify their existence.

nice cheap trainers though.
there is a bot which snares a lot of them (14 this morning) but some get through - gone now

DionysusToast

Legendary member
5,963 1,498
I've gone back on T2W's history quite a bit when I joined and after the locals all kept talking about certain individuals.

Trader_Dante, Socrates, Black Swan, Oilfxtrader, etc. the lot. T2W has had a colourful history. (y)

'course, I ain't sayin' Benji isn't a nic. Just that I don't think it's too suspicious to check out forum history if you hang around at all.
Do you not think the membership is a bit more savvy now?

I get flamed to sh!t for putting forward arguments as to why stuff like "pin bars" won't work when applied mechanically. Hell, this thread started because I questioned things. Someone got upset because I posted a totally rational (although some will agrue incorrect) argument as to why I think a lot of textbook TA is nonsense.

The old "Pin Bar" epic thread wouldn't have got half as far nowadays because people are a bit more savvy.

DionysusToast

Legendary member
5,963 1,498
Plus - you have the guy that started this thread - who is all over the site saying that 'edges are everywhere' and how he's a big swinging d!ck, now admitting he rarely has up weeks.

He was on Jons thread being the expert on stat arb when on another thread he's saying how he'd just started reading up on it a few weeks earlier. He's saying my posts are nonsense?

And people like me are the problem? Fnck that - it's the dishonest people pretending they are something they aren't is the problem. Doesn't matter if they are vendors or not tbh.

Now - also - whilst we are here. Let me address this "T2W won't change the rules because of 2 vendors". I think that's me & Mr Charts or is it NVP? Fook knows.

For sure, I am one. Me being the one that always pisses off the mods.... ok then.... let's go there....

Can you guys explain something to me? You think that T2W has to implement rules of 5 words or less? Do you not think, with the powers of human intellect, that they could oust vendors but keep a couple of favourites if they wanted to? Do you think the ruleset they implemented would be beyond the wit of man?

If they wanted to oust some & not others, it could be done very easily, so purleeze - stop with all this '2 insider favourites'.

PS - Timsk, C_V - crate of Bolly on the way to both of you, Steve - I hope those Russian hookers hit the spot, Jon - I couldn't find seven felching dwarfes I'm afraid.

PPS - ChocolateDigestive - you've been on ignore for a number of days, I wont be able to read your reply but I love you too...

the hare

2,949 1,283
Do you not think the membership is a bit more savvy now?

The old "Pin Bar" epic thread wouldn't have got half as far nowadays because people are a bit more savvy.
I dont know about that. Systems and methodology have never really been t2w's strong point, it was always the psychological side where they excelled. Consequentially there was never anyone who could be arsed to debunk a lot of this nonsense.

I wont name names cos its a sore point and all that, but there have been other long standing vendor threads in more recent times where an element of retrospective discretion has been applied to "intelligent nonsense", and those threads where consumed hook, line and sinker.

I was looking at some of t2w's web stats earlier this week, and a couple of those kind of threads still do seam to appear to be quite popular.

The formula is tried and tested, those techniques worked hundreds of years ago, and they continue to work today. Human psychology doesn't really change.

I would be interested to know why you think people are more savvy ? Have you checked out the Senen Pousa thread lately ?

DionysusToast

Legendary member
5,963 1,498
I wont name names cos its a sore point and all that, but there have been other long standing vendor threads in more recent times where an element of retrospective discretion has been applied to "intelligent nonsense", and those threads where consumed hook, line and sinker.
You remind me somewhat of DBC Pierre. This is a beatifully written sentence. You should try your hand at fiction IMO. No sarcasm intended.

I would be interested to know why you think people are more savvy ? Have you checked out the Senen Pousa thread lately ?
Well true enough on the Semen Pousa - that thread is so long I do peek occasionally but it's not a trading discussion.

I was referring more to discussions on technique - which, as you say, do not really appear that much. I believe that if the 'epic pin bar' thread was started nowadays, it would not gain the traction and attention it did back then. I think people on the site are more critical of simple techniques put forward here.

Of course, some of us do get lynched for being cynical.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock