Should i pay for a course etc etc etc?????

foredog

Experienced member
NO

Every few days there are people posting on here asking if it's worth spending £2000 on some dodgy course.

Yes some may offer you good info and training but most seem to be a sham and a scam.

As well as all the stuff on T2W there's also plent of other useful info on the web so i'm going to post some links to some simple trading methods. Read them, try them out on a demo account or test them for 2c a pip on oanda. You'll probably learn more form that than sitting in a room for a day.

If you still feel the need to give loads of money to a stranger then feel free to send me a cheque.....:LOL:

Reactions: BSD
No Free Lunch but all the Free Coffee you can drink.

Read the posts by PETER CROWNS, this is his method he's been trading for years. This method seems so simple that you'd think it wouldn't work, but it does, i'm looking to start trading it next week. also if you click the link in my footer i demo'd it for a few weeks.

The DIBS Method . . . No Free Lunch continues

This is a shortened version of above

james16 Chart Thread

read all the posts by JAMES16, point you in the right directon

Infiniteyield Forex

Another one thats so simple but works only puts rades on twice a week, and if you sign up he sends out the trades for free every monday/friday morning. Plus the method for how he works out the signals is given so you can learn it and trade it without him.

Hope this helps.

Any questions post a thread and someone wil try and help

not my systems just links that'll show you some simple sytems that make money:

Read them, try them out on a demo account or test them for 2c a pip on oanda. You'll probably learn more form that than sitting in a room for a day.

I've just posted some links to try and save poeple wasting £2k.

IF you read them you'll see that people are trading these methods all the time and they are making money.

I have traded one on demo as shown in the link in my signature and i've incorporated part of it into my trading.

And i'm not getting anything form this so i couldn't give a flying f*ck if people follow this or not but it's just really tedious reading the same post every day of "should i buy x course"

I've just posted some links to try and save poeple wasting £2k.

IF you read them you'll see that people are trading these methods all the time and they are making money.

I have traded one on demo as shown in the link in my signature and i've incorporated part of it into my trading.

And i'm not getting anything form this so i couldn't give a flying f*ck if people follow this or not but it's just really tedious reading the same post every day of "should i buy x course"

I agree, there is a lot of tedious nonsense being posted and I don't give a flying f*ck if people follow it or not. But don't lower your standards to that level.

That is what people who sell courses say! Maybe I should just package those systems into a course and charge people £2k for it.

[

That is what people who sell courses say! Maybe I should just package those systems into a course and charge people £2k for it.

Go for it...:)

I'm not selling anything, it's just a few links to help those little lost souls who are about to waste money on a course and to be honest i wish i hadn't done it now becaue it's more hassle than it's worth.

foredog, your DIBS blog last entry in nov-08. am I missing something?

Nope, had other things on, just a demo to prove the system worked.

I trade equities mainly so haven't got round to moving money from my equity account to a forex on the start trading this for real.

i just posted some links on here to stop people wasting money on courses and eveyone seems to be suspiscious of me.

I AM NOT A SPAMMER
I AM NOT SELLING ANYTHING
I WILL NOT ASK FOR MONEY LATER
I AM NOT INVOLVED IN ANY WAY WITH THESE LINKS AND WILL GAIN NOTHING BY ANYONE CLICKING ON THEM.

Read the links if you wish, then test them if you wish, discard them if you want. DON'T PUT ANY REAL MONEY ON TRADES UNLESS YOU ARE COMFORTABLE WITH THE METHOD.

foredog you spammer you... no the thread was a good idea. It will save lots of duplicate posts asking the same thing. And yeah what happened to that blog you started, i was following and you just stopped it.

Nope, had other things on, just a demo to prove the system worked.

I trade equities mainly so haven't got round to moving money from my equity account to a forex on the start trading this for real.

i just posted some links on here to stop people wasting money on courses and eveyone seems to be suspiscious of me.

I AM NOT A SPAMMER
I AM NOT SELLING ANYTHING
I WILL NOT ASK FOR MONEY LATER
I AM NOT INVOLVED IN ANY WAY WITH THESE LINKS AND WILL GAIN NOTHING BY ANYONE CLICKING ON THEM.

Read the links if you wish, then test them if you wish, discard them if you want. DON'T PUT ANY REAL MONEY ON TRADES UNLESS YOU ARE COMFORTABLE WITH THE METHOD.

So, why shouldn't people waste money on courses if they want?
:LOL:

Regarding the blog i had a few things going no and i had a few bad weeks trading equities around then, which is how i pay the bills, so i had to drop the demo accounts and crack on with the real stuff.

Hoping to stick a few ££ in an account and get on with it soon.

I think the people who set up these courses have infiltrated the site and are trying to grab hold of the impatitent, greedier, and more desperate members/newbies. Either that or they are targeting idiots. Personally, I found the greatest conundrum to be how anyone who thinks these courses are a good idea has the capacity to come up with 3-4k.

My thread about these firms was deleted.
If these firms werent active within t2w then why would the moderator pull it? Either they monitor the sites and they complained or someone in the staff has a stake.

Point(s) of intersection between Peter Crowns and TD's approach

Foredog, thank you for the links, especially the Peter Crowns link, which I noticed, spawned other long-running threads over on FF.

I am also a big fan of Trader Dante's now closed thread, "Making Money Trading", and its still alive logical successor "Potential Setups".

Would anybody think that there are some points of intersection in these two approaches?

If I understand correctly, both are in principle extremely simple systems which do not rely on indicators. They differ in detail (e.g. inside bars versus pin bars), but I wonder if they have more in common than what differentiates them.

Has anyone used both approaches for any significant periods of time?

I notice that the originators of one of the spin-off threads from the "Peter Crowns thread" on FF now seems to spend most of his time on the long-running "james16" thread there. I wonder if this is significant. I seem to remember that TD was originally inspired by james16.

There is definite merit in combining IB's and pins as the IB's are used for continuation where as pins give reversal signals.

There is definite merit in combining IB's and pins as the IB's are used for continuation where as pins give reversal signals.

:idea: Ah, good point! I notice some posters in the recent posts to the DIBS continuation thread using pins as well as possibly other tools, as well as IBs.

Not necessarily, IBs can also give trend continuation and Pins can give reversals as well. Much of it depends on the confluence of other factors at the point where the IB or Pin is observed (all in my view of course).

Paul

Confluence

Not necessarily, IBs can also give trend continuation and Pins can give reversals as well. Much of it depends on the confluence of other factors at the point where the IB or Pin is observed (all in my view of course).

Paul

Agreed Paul. The threads such as James16 etc do mention that confluence is an important factor when evaluating Pins and Inside Bars.