Shortsandlongs

I have been using S&L for while with good success. I initially opened the account since its nearly the only provider I could open up at work. I found the website very easy to use, simple and quick with good spreads.

Unfortunately just as I have started to get my trading system together well, work has blocked access to S&L. This is a particular problem since I work during the market opening hours, meaning that if I hold on for a few minutes before leaving for work I get poor spreads in the first few minutes of market activity, and when I place a bet I can't alter my stoploss or profit target out of market hours, which is frustrating. Are the issues I am experiencing with the spread in the first few minutes of trading and changing stop out of hours typical of all trading platforms?

I have been using S&L for while with good success. I initially opened the account since its nearly the only provider I could open up at work. I found the website very easy to use, simple and quick with good spreads.

Unfortunately just as I have started to get my trading system together well, work has blocked access to S&L. This is a particular problem since I work during the market opening hours, meaning that if I hold on for a few minutes before leaving for work I get poor spreads in the first few minutes of market activity, and when I place a bet I can't alter my stoploss or profit target out of market hours, which is frustrating. Are the issues I am experiencing with the spread in the first few minutes of trading and changing stop out of hours typical of all trading platforms?

Hi,
Try trading.shortsandlongs.com - Not sure if that will have any effect but worth a try.

I think you're likely to have problems whoever you trade with if you can only access your account in the first few minutes of each day as the spreads on shares are always the widest then.

Ian

I got excited then because I thought that might work - unfortunately not. 'Classed as gambling'. Pfff...obviously seen my trading stretegies!

Thanks anyway.

Jonny

Anybody trading frequently with S&L? How well do they execute? Trade rejections or re-quotes?

Goose are s and l planing to add more currency pairs ?

Dilesh,

The answer is yes, but not for a while yet.
When spot currencies are introduced, you will see a larger range.

I'm amazed when I see some of the crazy pairs mentioned in the potential setups thread!

Cheers

Ian

i just suffered my first trade rejection when trying to take profit ... but its okay it went up a lot more after :)

Binned.....

Total waste of time. Password supplied by the "back office team" doesn't work. My account is still not showing as active. Don't need the agro.

How difficult can it be to setup an account ??

It all sounded so positive friday when I spoke to one of the customer account people.:LOL:

Tin pot with a CAPITAL T.

For the record, Ian's involvment in this situation did precisely ZIP, NADA, NOTHING.

Simon at CS might have his faults, but when you contact him problems are sorted within minutes, not days. In fact this saga will have been running for a WEEK come tomorrow.

Total waste of time. Password supplied by the "back office team" doesn't work. My account is still not showing as active. Don't need the agro.

It all sounded so positive friday when I spoke to one of the customer account people.:LOL:

For the record, Ian's involvment in this situation did precisely ZIP, NADA, NOTHING.

Simon at CS might have his faults, but when you contact him problems are sorted within minutes, not days. In fact this saga will have been running for a WEEK come tomorrow.

Ceydababy,

Is there any need to get so personal?
Is there any need to jump up and down the second something doesn't go your way? You posted several messages before even speaking to someone.
I don't know what the problem is, it's seems like you're out to discredit ShortsandLongs.

So that everyone knows:
I am a trader at Spreadex. I originally posted comments on ShortsandLongs because it was a new product offering tight spreads and guaranteed stops - 2 selling points which would hugely benefit the newbies on here.
I don't need to be on this site but am willing to help people, not just with S+L queries.

After seeing Ceydababy's e-mails, I 'intervened' by asking him what the problem was and relaying it back to the appropriate people. I then insisted they call you, which they tried to do, several times. The lady you spoke to in the back office supplied you with a password, her e-mail address and a landline number in case there was any problems. I asked her yesterday afternoon whether you had set up the account, the answer was 'no' so I asked her to call you again out of courtesy.

I spoke to IT and they were able to set the account up their end.

When you apply for an account, you receive an e-mail prompting you to activate the account and set up user details.

This has never been a problem before. Perhaps there is a bug and I'm sorry it's frustrating the life out of you, seeing these kind of messages doesn't particularly please me but at least help us by returning calls or notifying us of problems, i.e. what kind of error message did you see on your latest attempt to log in? when did you try etc? Or better still let us call you when you have a few minutes to go through it and try again. Let me know if you want to take this option.

Best regards,
Ian

Last edited:
Ceydababy,

Is there any need to jump up and down the second something doesn't go your way? You posted several messages before even speaking to someone.
I don't know what the problem is, it's seems like you're out to discredit ShortsandLongs, perhaps you work at another SBing firm?

So that everyone knows:
I am a trader at Spreadex. I originally posted comments on ShortsandLongs because it was a new product offering tight spreads and guaranteed stops - 2 selling points which would hugely benefit the newbies on here.
I don't need to be on this site but am willing to help people, not just with S+L queries.

After seeing Ceydababy's e-mails, I 'intervened' by asking him what the problem was and relaying it back to the appropriate people. I then insisted they call you, which they did several times. The lady you spoke to in the back office supplied you with a password, her e-mail address and a landline number in case there was any problems. I asked her yesterday afternoon whether you had set up the account, the answer was 'no' so I asked her to call you again out of courtesy.

What more would you like me to do? seriously?

When you apply for an account, you receive an e-mail prompting you to activate the account and set up user details.

This has never been a problem before. Perhaps there is a bug and I'm sorry it's frustrating the life out of you, seeing this kind of messages doesn't particularly please me but at least help us by returning calls or notifying us of problems, i.e. what kind of error message did you see on your latest attempt to log in? when did you try etc? Or better still let us call you when you have a few minutes to go through it and try again. Let me know if you want to take this option.

Best regards,
Ian
Don't you worry about Ceydababy, he just get frustrated when things doesn't run smoothly (it seldom does with SB companies). I guess he is looking forward trying you out.:)

Keep posting facts and information about S&L, many including myself appreciate it.

Chill, Winston!

Brutus,

Sorry for the late response here.

I wouldn't say the spreads are huge, quite the opposite!
The issue here is that for the time being ShortsandLongs only offers currency futures and naturally the spread is wider.

I don't see any other SB firm with a 5 point spread on cable and eur/usd futures!!

Best regards,

Ian

fair play, any plans for spot fx?

Ceydababy,

I don't know what the problem is, it's seems like you're out to discredit ShortsandLongs.

So that everyone knows:

After seeing Ceydababy's e-mails, I 'intervened' by asking him what the problem was and relaying it back to the appropriate people. I then insisted they call you, which they tried to do, several times. The lady you spoke to in the back office supplied you with a password, her e-mail address and a landline number in case there was any problems. I asked her yesterday afternoon whether you had set up the account, the answer was 'no' so I asked her to call you again out of courtesy.

This has never been a problem before. Perhaps there is a bug and I'm sorry it's frustrating the life out of you, seeing these kind of messages doesn't particularly please me but at least help us by returning calls or notifying us of problems, i.e. what kind of error message did you see on your latest attempt to log in? when did you try etc? Or better still let us call you when you have a few minutes to go through it and try again. Let me know if you want to take this option.

Best regards,
Ian

Ian,

Apologies ! However, I wanted to trade Dow tonight went to log on with "password1" and got told the password was incorrect.

This is extremely frustrating !

can you PM me with a useable password or get someone to email me with a password that works so I can start trading. The fact you have a 3point dow spread is a big draw for me.

However, every bloody time I think I've got somewhere with S&L it doesn't work !

Anyways, please accept my apologies. Didn't mean to make it personal. It was as GLE says my frustrations coming out.

Ian,

Apologies ! However, I wanted to trade Dow tonight went to log on with "password1" and got told the password was incorrect.

This is extremely frustrating !

can you PM me with a useable password or get someone to email me with a password that works so I can start trading. The fact you have a 3point dow spread is a big draw for me.

However, every bloody time I think I've got somewhere with S&L it doesn't work !

Anyways, please accept my apologies. Didn't mean to make it personal. It was as GLE says my frustrations coming out.

Ceydababy,
I'll try and get you set up this morning.
Sending you a PM on here with a password is a breach of security, so I can't go down that route.
I will speak to someone I trust in IT to ensure we can either get you a new password or open a new account. I will call you once I am given direction by IT.

Can I just ask this (so I can relay the information and because it could be the issue) Are you typing that password into the login page or are you trying to activate the account with that password?

Cheers
Ian

Just applied for an account. Got the welcome email in record time. It contains a link to click on to activate the account: unfortunately when I click on it I get the message "Server Error in '/AccountSetup Application".

Right, I've just applied to open an account with them.

I'll see how painless it is :)

oh no.... the pressure I'm under now!!

I haven't checked things on the ShortsandLongs side, but I'm you will have received one of two e-mails by now. The first would be that you need to send documents in, the second would be that the account has been opened and you just need to activate your account (by clicking the link)

Hopefully it is the latter, set up a password with letters and numbers and you would be good to go.

If there is any problem whatsoever, please send me a PM with a screenshot as that would be most helpful, cheers and thanks for opening an account.

Ian

Just applied for an account. Got the welcome email in record time. It contains a link to click on to activate the account: unfortunately when I click on it I get the message "Server Error in '/AccountSetup Application".

Okay, i'll look into it and come back shortly.
Worth trying again but thanks for the info.
Ian

Exactly the same situation as me. I got the welcome message/account approval in record time.

It isn't Ian's fault but the bloody 85p a minute phone line means that little problems like this turn in to frustrating big ones !