Shortsandlongs

Hi everyone,

There was a lot of criticism on here towards the image on the website frontpage.

This has now been removed and some of the wording will be altered shortly.

I just wanted to let you all know that we are prepared to react to client feedback and more improvements are on the way.

Thanks,

Ian

The website image on the frontpage is the least of your problems Ian ! Try an 85p a minute "customer service" line, and the fact that no one from your "customer services team" has bothered to contact me with regard to funding the account.

I got the account approved last night at around 10pm went to confirm it and was then told to contact customer services.

AT 85p a minute you've probably got the "Press 1 for customer enquires" "Press 2 to speak to a dealer" "Press 3 if you've written us an email and we've not bothered to reply"

Maybe your so inundated with applicants to become part of your "elite trading team" you think I'm going to chase you at 85p a minute to open my account.

There are plenty of other options out there mate.
Not impressed.(n)

The website image on the frontpage is the least of your problems Ian ! Try an 85p a minute "customer service" line, and the fact that no one from your "customer services team" has bothered to contact me with regard to funding the account.

I got the account approved last night at around 10pm went to confirm it and was then told to contact customer services.

AT 85p a minute you've probably got the "Press 1 for customer enquires" "Press 2 to speak to a dealer" "Press 3 if you've written us an email and we've not bothered to reply"

Maybe your so inundated with applicants to become part of your "elite trading team" you think I'm going to chase you at 85p a minute to open my account.

There are plenty of other options out there mate.
Not impressed.(n)

Ceydababy,
Thank you for your comments.
I've only just seen them and your posts on the other thread.

I'm obviously concerned by your comments and wish to rectify the situation for you.

Could you please PM me with your details please (name and e-mail address) so that I can look into it further.

Thanks

Ian

dont worry if you dont use your 100 money back deal in the first 14 days they extend it for another 14 if you still dont use it they extend the offer to £200 and make it 28 days.. which reminds me i still havent used it :) any chance of £400 after the 28 day period is up?

Dilesh,
Thanks for your comments.

The marketing team have informed me that the £200 promotion is strictly a limited offer. This is the highest they will go to so i'm afraid £400 is out of the question. Nice try though :)

Out of interest, how come you haven't used the account yet?

Thanks
Ian

been making use of other spread betting companies offers where they give you the money after a number of trades placed rather then lose the amount only to be reinbursed the same, which doesnt seem as much as an incentive to be honest :) and you dont accept bacs transfers that was another factor and the mastercard rules.

Dilesh
Thank you for that. I wasn't aware of the mastercard situation - apparently we can take payments from Mastercard but not pay back to them. As a gaming firm this is a restriction they have imposed on us. This is the only card that we cannot refund to. I'm sorry to say this is unfortunate for you but you would much better off using a debit card as you avoid the 1.5% credit card fee.

As for the promotion, I can see your point but now you have the account open wouldn't it make sense to take advantage of the promotion rather than lose it?

Ian

been making use of other spread betting companies offers where they give you the money after a number of trades placed rather then lose the amount only to be reinbursed the same, which doesnt seem as much as an incentive to be honest :) and you dont accept bacs transfers that was another factor and the mastercard rules.

youve convinced me :D im gonna deposit £200 and use some silly leverage to try to double it as many times as possible within the time frame :) and if i lose it ill start again after youve refunded my £200 :) happy now :p

Don't be too happy... the 200 GBP top-up is actually provided so you can spend it on the premium
line calls to support :)))

gd point :) i dont wanna have to call you for hours to get my £200 refunded goose ... a simple email should be enough right or will you be kind enough to bring the account balance back to £200 the moment it reachs close to 0 :) :p

gd point :) i dont wanna have to call you for hours to get my £200 refunded goose ... a simple email should be enough right or will you be kind enough to bring the account balance back to £200 the moment it reachs close to 0 :) :p

They'll lose the email mate ! Don't know if I'd bother with this lot. My ACCOUNT IS STILL NOT OPEN. Despite some cheap Rhetoric from Goose over a PM mentioning his "IT TEAM" and "BACK OFFICE TEAM" and his "CONCERN ABOUT THE SITUATION it appears he still can't open a simple account. :rolleyes:

The email I sent through their platform they apparently never recieved. Really fills you with confidence going forward.

Anyways, despite the textbook, I'm really concerned and pulled out all the stops to get your account sorted it's ready and waiting for you to fund it PM yesterdayl. Suprise Suprise I go to fund it and the account number I enter isn't recognised.

Messaged him about 530pm last night and still heard nothing back.:whistling

I think this guy is a bit of a joker ! Big Talk on here ZERO delivery in reality

PS. CUSTOMER SERVICE HINT. If you have a customer that you've clearly failed to deliver the basics for a phone call to say is everything sorted out, you have any further problems is usually the norm. I've heard nothing from this lot AT ALL.

Last edited:
youve convinced me :D im gonna deposit £200 and use some silly leverage to try to double it as many times as possible within the time frame :) and if i lose it ill start again after youve refunded my £200 :) happy now :p

Hi Dilesh,

Good stuff. Just remember the T+C's, mainly you must place a minimum of 4 closed trades and that any overall loss up to £200 will get refunded at the end of YOUR promotional period. I believe this is the 17th of Feb.

This will be done automatically so no e-mails are necessary :)

Good luck
Ian

They'll lose the email mate ! Don't know if I'd bother with this lot. My ACCOUNT IS STILL NOT OPEN. Despite some cheap Rhetoric from Goose over a PM mentioning his "IT TEAM" and "BACK OFFICE TEAM" and his "CONCERN ABOUT THE SITUATION it appears he still can't open a simple account. :rolleyes:

The email I sent through their platform they apparently never recieved. Really fills you with confidence going forward.

Anyways, despite the textbook, I'm really concerned and pulled out all the stops to get your account sorted it's ready and waiting for you to fund it PM yesterdayl. Suprise Suprise I go to fund it and the account number I enter isn't recognised.

Messaged him about 530pm last night and still heard nothing back.:whistling

I think this guy is a bit of a joker ! Big Talk on here ZERO delivery in reality

PS. CUSTOMER SERVICE HINT. If you have a customer that you've clearly failed to deliver the basics for a phone call to say is everything sorted out, you have any further problems is usually the norm. I've heard nothing from this lot AT ALL.

Ceydababy,

I received your PM last night at 6.06PM. I was on my way home. You don't seriously expect me to be on call 24 hours do you? As it happened you posted this message as I was sending you a private message, which you should have received by now. I responded as soon as I could.

In regards to your problems, you say you sent ShortsandLongs a message. I checked with the back office and they did not receive it so I had IT run a report on all the messages. Again nothing came through from you. There is no reason for me to lie to you.

In regards to not being able to log on, I haven't had a chance to look into this yet, but as I have said in the PM, I will ensure someone calls you this morning. There seems to be a misconception that S+L will not call clients if there is a problem, unfortunately the company wasn't aware of your issues as an e-mail did not come through.

I only got involved because you had posted half a dozen messages on this forum, but now I am involved I want to see this through and ensure you can trade smoothly.

Best regards,
Ian

Ceydababy,

I received your PM last night at 6.06PM. I was on my way home. You don't seriously expect me to be on call 24 hours do you? As it happened you posted this message as I was sending you a private message, which you should have received by now. I responded as soon as I could.

In regards to your problems, you say you sent ShortsandLongs a message. I checked with the back office and they did not receive it so I had IT run a report on all the messages. Again nothing came through from you. There is no reason for me to lie to you.

In regards to not being able to log on, I haven't had a chance to look into this yet, but as I have said in the PM, I will ensure someone calls you this morning. There seems to be a misconception that S+L will not call clients if there is a problem, unfortunately the company wasn't aware of your issues as an e-mail did not come through.

I only got involved because you had posted half a dozen messages on this forum, but now I am involved I want to see this through and ensure you can trade smoothly.

Best regards,
Ian

You seem to insinuate in your message that I've invented creating a message. Definitley not.

The issue is clearly at your end and have sent a screen shot to the lady who called me regarding this situation earlier.

I will reiterate that if you didn't have a ridiculous 85p a minute call charge this would have been dealt with in minutes rather than days.

The point is that yesterday morning you knew there was an issue, I'm not expecting you to be on call 24 hours a day. However, a quick call from one of your employee's yesterday would have sorted this out.

You seem to insinuate in your message that I've invented creating a message. Definitley not.

The issue is clearly at your end and have sent a screen shot to the lady who called me regarding this situation earlier.

I will reiterate that if you didn't have a ridiculous 85p a minute call charge this would have been dealt with in minutes rather than days.

The point is that yesterday morning you knew there was an issue, I'm not expecting you to be on call 24 hours a day. However, a quick call from one of your employee's yesterday would have sorted this out.

Ceydababy,
I'm not insuating anything and certainly not looking for an argument.

I completely understand your position on the phoneline number and as i have said in previous posts, I have passed this issue on to the management team. We did not know of any issue until I saw your posts later in the day. I would have happily called you but considering I didn't know your details that's why I went down the PM'ing route.

As it happens, the back office couldn't get hold of you today until midday and from the last update I received, the problem seemed to be with creating a password and they are waiting for you to try again with one they issued (for you to change)

Regards,
Ian

LOL - note that the 85p a minute issue is not addressed at all!

Really ridiculous that a premium line is operational... it will ensure that customers stay away!!!

Ceydababy,
I'm not insuating anything and certainly not looking for an argument.

I completely understand your position on the phoneline number and as i have said in previous posts, I have passed this issue on to the management team. We did not know of any issue until I saw your posts later in the day. I would have happily called you but considering I didn't know your details that's why I went down the PM'ing route.

As it happens, the back office couldn't get hold of you today until midday and from the last update I received, the problem seemed to be with creating a password and they are waiting for you to try again with one they issued (for you to change)

Regards,
Ian

In all fairness the lady who rang me was polite and courteous. I did have a few missed calls from your office too. But I was not in a position to deal with this until midday when I took the call. It wasn't my number one priority yesterday.

I know it's probably not your decision. But, that premium rate number makes your firm look more than a little dodgy !

In all fairness the lady who rang me was polite and courteous. I did have a few missed calls from your office too. But I was not in a position to deal with this until midday when I took the call. It wasn't my number one priority yesterday.

I know it's probably not your decision. But, that premium rate number makes your firm look more than a little dodgy !

Aaaaah, give the guy the benefit of the doubt, will ya? :cheesy:

Even if it's all ballsed up, he's trying to get it sorted out - and it means what, a day or two extra before you can trade?

your fx spreads are huge, any plans to improve them?

Brutus,

Sorry for the late response here.

I wouldn't say the spreads are huge, quite the opposite!
The issue here is that for the time being ShortsandLongs only offers currency futures and naturally the spread is wider.

I don't see any other SB firm with a 5 point spread on cable and eur/usd futures!!

Best regards,

Ian