Shortcut To Trading Success

new_trader

Legendary member
Sorry to disappoint you, there are none. But I knew you couldn’t resist visiting...just in case.:LOL:

Don't be too disheartened though, there are plenty of other threads which promise to give you everything you want from trading without having to do what is necessary to acquire it.

I am only interested in seeing the number of views this thread receives. Thanks for adding to the count!

Sorry to disappoint you, there are none. But I knew you couldn’t resist visiting...just in case.:LOL:

Don't be too disheartened though, there are plenty of other threads which promise to give you everything you want from trading without having to do what is necessary to acquire it.

I am only interested in seeing the number of views this thread receives. Thanks for adding to the count!

The fact that you obviously have not found a shortcut to trading success does not mean there are none or that others haven't discovered one.

That you may not have discovered trading success at all and quite clearly have no idea what is required to acquire it based on recent performance, gives your advice to others little, if any, authority.

I see in your recent posts, such as the one with which you start this thread, the bitterness that comes only with abject failure, feelings of foolishness and the barely concealed hatred of all those that are still positively motivated in the attempt at which you seem to have failed and forsaken. But take heart, all is not lost. Put your misguided apostleship behind you.

You can use your time more effectively by perusing those threads which do provide genuine insight and information on real trading issues than by spinning your wheels on what could have been, should have been, if only it hadn’t been based on amateur wizardry, incomplete spell-casting and ephemeral allegory.

Seriously mate, you'll find others' attitudes toward you will change very quickly once you stop this silly posturing.

Seriously mate, you'll find others' attitudes toward you will change very quickly once you stop this silly posturing.

The 'others' can keep their attitude towards me. I can't believe that you can be so naive. Open your eyes Bramble and take a look at the 'popular' threads and what they promise. To think that veteran members can be genuinely interested in them is almost mind boggling...

FWIW – I’m a Legendary Member and I’m interested. But then again, it’s by opening my eyes and keeping them open, and allowing myself to be interested that I’ve used this site to leverage my trading. Isn’t that why you’re here too? Or have you learned all there is to learn? In which case…

Don't confuse our site titles here (mine, yours, anybody's) with reality - it's just linked to number of posts you know.:LOL:

I’ll keep my naivety and my trading profits and you can keep on almost boggling your mind…

I’m also keen on others doing exactly what they want with their attitude to anything, me included, but you strike me as a more sensitive individual. Your call.

The 'others' can keep their attitude towards me. I can't believe that you can be so naive. Open your eyes Bramble and take a look at the 'popular' threads and what they promise. To think that veteran members can be genuinely interested in them is almost mind boggling...

thats like saying you are getting a lot of sex, and have the self-control to pass up the chance to click on the thread titled "Naked Britney Pictures".
(some upstanding member :LOL: of T2W has already tried this little light-hearted joke)

we are all continuously learning, legendary or not. you never know where the next little nugget will appear from. the views/hits tell you nothing other than the level of curiosity we have.

Sorry to disappoint...........most clicking on this thread will do so for much the same reason I did.........

Just couldn't help seeing what kind of tripe you came up with to supposedly show how supperior you are to everyone here.

Morbid curiosity towards the train wreck you are proving yourself to be is all.

Cheers,
PKFFW

FWIW – I’m a Legendary Member and I’m interested. But then again, it’s by opening my eyes and keeping them open, and allowing myself to be interested that I’ve used this site to leverage my trading. Isn’t that why you’re here too? Or have you learned all there is to learn? In which case…

Don't confuse our site titles here (mine, yours, anybody's) with reality - it's just linked to number of posts you know.:LOL:

I’ll keep my naivety and my trading profits and you can keep on almost boggling your mind…

I’m also keen on others doing exactly what they want with their attitude to anything, me included, but you strike me as a more sensitive individual. Your call.

No need to re-invent the wheel, so I will plagiarise a post from someone whose sentiments I agree with 100% ( I have added RED highlights)

beliefs we hold are to me the obvious reason for both losses and arguments - which could be stating the obvious - but there we are

some folks simply refuse to believe the truth. they prefer to walk the easy path and believe everything they hear and read and refuse to stop and think for themselves. although because they may be (trying to) think - they believe they are thinking for themselves.

these are the same people who let their losses run out of control as they refuse to believe they are wrong. the truth would hurt them too much - so in a sense, losing becomes less painful because to alter their beliefs would cause even more pain in the long run.

their beliefs in a quick buck and easy money (especially if its tax free!) lure them to trading like bees to honey.

when a novel and original idea comes to light, these folks will disagree and start an argument as it goes against the grain of what they have 'learnt' in the material pumped out by the media/brokerage reports on the web etc. again, to keep an open mind and the trouble to investigate an idea would be too much pain for them. it is easier to bore everyone to death with their repeated claims and statements they ripped out of that glossy book. this then infuriates us (especially me!) even more - but then i realise i need the ignorant to make my livelihood possible.

in other words, for these folks ignorance is bliss.

however, although must would agree that trading style is individual, most arguments seem to centre around the losers false claims of success (real winners dont talk about it - they just do it) or understanding of 'facts' rather than ways to actually make money. in fact - how to make money probably has never been discussed - because most here simply dont know. im not talking about someones latest magic cross over system here. those that do know are not going to share it with the ignorant and stupid are they! so a big argument erupts with both sides often knowing little about what they are talking about.
i now let it wash over me and i really see this site as a place of amusement when times are quiet rather than a place where serious discussion takes place.

Happy now...Bramble....

Happy now...Bramble....
I am most of the time mate, thanks. Herbs and natural hallucinogenics help an awful lot in that regard. And when I run out of those, I logon to this site….

But what has your quoted text got to do with anything? It's just someone else's view that contains nothing of empirical use to those who want to learn to trade.

All it does is tell you how they found it – which is probably very valid, for them – and not necessarily how anybody else will find it.

Walk your own path. Find out for yourself rather than depend on others’ subjective descriptions of theirs.

thats like saying you are getting a lot of sex, and have the self-control to pass up the chance to click on the thread titled "Naked Britney Pictures".
(some upstanding member :LOL: of T2W has already tried this little light-hearted joke)

we are all continuously learning, legendary or not. you never know where the next little nugget will appear from. the views/hits tell you nothing other than the level of curiosity we have.

Maybe. But would you really be interested in clicking a thread titled "Naked Britney Pictures" if you were a photographer taking not only those pictures but also ones of other attractive celebrities? Additionally, I'm sure you would soon tire of those threads if you were a member of a photography forum in the hope of learning more about the actual art of photography....It wouldn't be long before you realised who the real photgraphers are and who is there just to download as many pictures of naked celebrities as possible.

Sorry to disappoint...........most clicking on this thread will do so for much the same reason I did.........

Just couldn't help seeing what kind of tripe you came up with to supposedly show how supperior you are to everyone here.

Morbid curiosity towards the train wreck you are proving yourself to be is all.

Cheers,
PKFFW

yep - I too have an unhealthy interest in the ramblings of T2W's self appointed village idiot. I can't explain it;)

UTB

Gotcha!!

yep - I too have an unhealthy interest in the ramblings of T2W's self appointed village idiot. I can't explain it;)

UTB

Sure you can't...I can tell by the rep you gave me that you actually hoped you would find a short cut here :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sure you can't...I can tell by the rep you gave me that you actually hoped you would find a short cut here :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Because of the rate you've progressed from Socrates' personal (deleted) to site village idiot, you've caught all our attention.

Keep it up and you'll be flipping burgers within a decade.

UTB

Last edited by a moderator:
I have moved the thread to the foyer.

A first step thread is a place of safety for newbies to post in, I dont wish newbies coming to this one and getting the wrong impression of the membership of this site

Thanks for your understanding. :)

Because of the rate you've progressed from Socrates' personal (deleted) to site village idiot, you've caught all our attention.

Keep it up and you'll be flipping burgers within a decade.

UTB

No, this isn't true. It is only you and a few of your chums who can't keep away from me. You are exactly like VISA... ie/ 'You are Everywhere I Want to Be'.

P.S: I can flip burgers now

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe. But would you really be interested in clicking a thread titled "Naked Britney Pictures" if you were a photographer taking not only those pictures but also ones of other attractive celebrities? Additionally, I'm sure you would soon tire of those threads if you were a member of a photography forum in the hope of learning more about the actual art of photography....It wouldn't be long before you realised who the real photgraphers are and who is there just to download as many pictures of naked celebrities as possible.
As we're off and running, once again, down Hypothetical Alley as you must when you continually stick to generalities, how would YOU know what elements of the aforesaid photographic subject were and were not worthy of your time?

What if they were photographs of the gothic Cathedrals of Southern France? Does the subject matter make a difference? It shouldn’t. There’s art in everything and interest in all – unless you voluntarily choose to shut yourself off by self-imposed rigidity of thinking. Or of other kinds when it comes to Britney…

No, this isn't true. It is only you and a few of your bum chums who can't keep away from me. You are exactly like VISA... ie/ 'You are Everywhere I Want to Be'.

P.S: I can flip burgers now

oh, I get it. You're getting off on the fact that you've caught something on the end of you're line? How those winter nights must fly by.

The truth is, as mentioned above, you're nothing more than T2W's version of a road kill. Socrates was much better at it mind.

UTB

As we're off and running, once again, down Hypothetical Alley as you must when you continually stick to generalities, how would YOU know what elements of the aforesaid photographic subject were and were not worthy of your time?

What if they were photographs of the gothic Cathedrals of Southern France? Does the subject matter make a difference? It shouldn’t. There’s art in everything and interest in all – unless you voluntarily choose to shut yourself off by self-imposed rigidity of thinking. Or of other kinds when it comes to Britney…

Bramble, I am starting to think you were serious when you mentioned drugs....Do you actually read what I write? You appear to be responding to something other than what you have quoted...:confused:

How does a thread titled "Naked Britney Pictures" become one containing photos of the gothic Cathedrals of Southern France? :confused:

I think playing the piano is a more apt analogy. I am learning to play the piano. I am not a concert pianist nor have ever recorded an album. I am only officially an ABRSM Grade 1pianist. So, by anyone's standards I cannot claim to be an accomplished pianist or say that I have mastered the art. But this doesn't mean that I can't say that there are no short cuts to being a concert pianist. You see, if you want to be a good pianist you MUST put in the time and effort, which basically means you have to sit at a piano and practice. There is NO HOW, NO WAY, NO WHY, that anyone, regardless of experience and talent, not even Angela Hewitt, could convince me otherwise. There are no new piano problems that are being invented (physical abnormalities aside), so the difficulties I have encountered in learning, will be encountered by anyone and everyone who wishes to learn. They have been encountered in the past and will be encountered in the future by everyone. I know the problems that anyone and everyone who wishes to begin learning the piano will face, the main one being attaining hand and finger independence. The fact is that these problems have already been faced and overcome by virtuosos and proper technique can be passed on. They work and they have been tried and tested by millions. Now, you could ignore what I am saying and go out and buy one of those "Easy piano pieces" books, study them and quickly build a repertoire of pieces that will impress family and friends at birthday parties. But, I can assure you, with confidence, that from that moment you have ruined your chances of being a concert pianist.
Care to know why? Simple. All the proper technique (hand and finger movement) required to play the piano can be acquired within 2-3 years following a guided structured route. This does not mean you have mastered playing the piano! It just means you have the proper grounding required to become an absolute virtuoso. Once you have mastered technique you will not have any difficulty progressing to new and more difficult pieces. If you bypass this route by taking the “easy piano pieces” path you run a very high risk of ingraining bad technique and even risking hand/wrist and/or finger injury. You will also, without doubt, eventually hit an impenetrable brick wall with regard to your repertoire. There will be pieces that will remain beyond your ability because you have avoided doing what was necessary to acquire the skill needed to play them. What makes it worse is that once bad technique has been ingrained it is very difficult, if not impossible to unlearn. Trust me on this if nothing else. I practised my Grade 1 exam piece with certain fingering and then a few months later decided to change the fingering I used in one particular bar. Needless to say that I couldn’t get past that bar again without fumbling and eventually had to go back to the original fingering.
I have no doubt that people will completely miss the point and say something along the lines of “Who cares about being a concert pianist if you are happy just playing for friends and family”. That would be a fair comment. However, you cannot claim to be a virtuoso, nor can you hope of ever becoming one if you peddle and practice “easy piano pieces” nonsense.

....Do you actually read what I write?
Not as such…

I sort of rapidly skim over your stuff chanting my secret mantra until unconsciousness mercifully takes over. When I wake up, I feel much better and the need to respond sensibly has passed. Thank you.

Chief Wizard has already done pianos (and the sob story about his mother). You’ll need to come up with some new hocus pocus and some of your own, and original if possible, allegories and metaphors if you’re going to go halfway to be expecting to be taken half seriously by half-wits.

Get yourself a new pointy hat too, that one you’re wearing is clearly one of those paper Halloween jobbies from Toys R Us and you’ve painted it (or it that crayon?) sky blue and stuck on those golden and silver stars and crescent moons. Nice though…goes with the red curtains you’re using as a gown….