Short FTSE 4200

I went short again on FTSE @ 4455 as couldnt resist and wait longer for it to go up as DOw trading lacklustre after initial pop up and trending down?

I am going to take profit as worried about post election bounce.......

i am going to wait and see as election could produce wild swings in USA???

I went short again on FTSE @ 4455 as couldnt resist and wait longer for it to go up as DOw trading lacklustre after initial pop up and trending down?

I am going to take profit as worried about post election bounce.......

i am going to wait and see as election could produce wild swings in USA???

I'm glad I kept out for the rest of the day. After six days of ups, what are your thoughts for tomorrow?

I'm currently neutral as want to see reaction to ISM data on DOw jones......willing to short at 4500 ?

Use 4355 as adding to longs or when one puts a large buy order in for 7-12 points profit when the market breaks out.

Good Luck everyone.

Have 9,21,35 & 65 MAs on a 60 Min , 30 min, 15min and 5 min charts and this will give you an over all view of what your trading.

Make nots of prieviouse weeks, months high & lows and go with the flow, have Fibbinachi resistences to highlight support and resistence.......

The begining of Novemeber is not a time to sell this.......

Well at 4535 Sitting nicely , not a bad little earner from that one .....:clap:

Many are quick to slag me of, but I dont see them putting there neck out and making market calls :rolleyes:

yes TomTom I have great respect for you.........making market calls is brave and let others have different opinion??

i shorted yesterday through out the day but changed my mind towards the evening as became convinced there could be a post election bounce after reading a few blogs and seeing the DOW JONES neutralise .........

I went long on FTSE and DOW and made money this monring.

keep blogging mate because i aim to learn off everyone, If I am wrong then i will accept your analysis was better than mine........thats why i joined this website, to learn off everyone because i am an amateur?

Well at 4590 all closed for 4355 - 4590 = 235pts . That will pay for the beers tonight :) and tomorrow and till my next birthday .

At current levels , Im not buying , if was trading I would sell this tomorrow,thursday.

Good Luck people .

Dont fight the market.

Someone please explain, how come that the all economic data on Friday was doom and gloom on both sides of the pond(Non-farm, Ford, GM, Eurozone data) yet Footsie managed to go up and so did the US markets. Was this data priced in already?

Someone please explain, how come that the all economic data on Friday was doom and gloom on both sides of the pond(Non-farm, Ford, GM, Eurozone data) yet Footsie managed to go up and so did the US markets. Was this data priced in already?

Well, dont think too much about that. Just learn your lesson from it. Remember that the markets work to lose you money and you are fighting against them. I too think that that was a very strange move and lost money on it. Also remember that all those "experts" commenting on the markets are really just a bunch of con artists. Make your own decisions. An "Expert" on bloomberg was saying on Friday's pre-open that Dow was on to a fall given the data. 15 minutes later he was saying that the Dow was going for a big gain as the value buyers were collecting cheap shares. Now that is no real explanation as if value investors were to buy, they would have waited till near the close when the market had fallen a good deal already. My point, look at the facts, trade and if you lose, learn from it and attack again.

Hi arsten - Don't know, been watching market for years and I am sure its like trying to get hold of running water. Two significant lessons though, its not a bad thing to be flat right before key news events, and it is the market reaction that is important to us traders, not the news itself.