Short FTSE 4200

Have any of you guys mannaged to check past US elections and their results and how they have affected there markets however this time round at least a democrat has a chance of winning so what do you think would be the difference if supposedly if a republican should win or a democrat should win how would each different win affect the market.....

P.S I'm an Obama supporter as well go Democrats!!!!!!!!

Hi Wallstreet.
After years of reaserch on index's cirtain patterns have become evedent.
Its when my macanical patterns start comming together and build up a picture of what i believe is about ot happen then I make the call.

Been long since 8050 Dow with intra day shorts to cover the longs.

DOW 10,000 before 2009 :)

When Trading follow the the six Ps

Positive planning prevents **** pot performance

Know your exit piont before you enter, by this you are protecting the capital ........ then you will survive to trade another day .....

Good Luck

Hi Wallstreet.
After years of reaserch on index's cirtain patterns have become evedent.
Its when my macanical patterns start comming together and build up a picture of what i believe is about ot happen then I make the call.

Been long since 8050 Dow with intra day shorts to cover the longs.

DOW 10,000 before 2009 :)

When Trading follow the the six Ps

Positive planning prevents **** pot performance

Know your exit piont before you enter, by this you are protecting the capital ........ then you will survive to trade another day .....

Good Luck

He is no good to man or beast and by the sounds of it is attempting to push the price higher with his opinions. I urge anyone to take a look through any of his posts and you'll have revealed the Spreadbet scammer before your eyes.

Please ignore Tom Tom's posts:

Every one of his posts are agressively against Spreadbet Firms.

Take a look through his posts, every one of them from when he joined is against Spreadbet Firms and how they rip you off.

Tom Tom is attempting to take Spreadbet Firms to court.

Tom Tom actively admits to 'scamming them' as they 'scam others'.

Tom Tom still uses Spreadbet Firms himself.

I honestly don't know what previous post was all about, but I am willing to learn off anyone regardless of there agenda.

interestingly the FTSE is up........

I'm not going to open any more positions on FTSE unless it hits 4350 when its worth shorting as its proved to be a good resistance level.....but must keep 50 point stop loss just in case !!

wallstreet1928 how much success have you had with shorting as 4350 as your resistance?

I have done it once at 4350 and 4300 .........

I am currently contemplating it, but need to do a bit more research and indicators to support my short....and waiting for its to fall to 4325 before opening short??

also waiting for consumer confidence data and Ben Bernankes speech could move markets?

i've just come back from friday prayers so everythings hectic at present.........

wait and see period for me

Use 4355 as adding to longs or when one puts a large buy order in for 7-12 points profit when the market breaks out.

Good Luck everyone.

Have 9,21,35 & 65 MAs on a 60 Min , 30 min, 15min and 5 min charts and this will give you an over all view of what your trading.

Make nots of prieviouse weeks, months high & lows and go with the flow, have Fibbinachi resistences to highlight support and resistence.......

The begining of Novemeber is not a time to sell this.......

I witnessed the Dow Jones futures fall overnight and went short on FTSE 4430 as resistance above 4450- 4500 and have made around 50 points.............

any body else do the same?

Not me but just saw the dip you are on about.
DOW futures went from +90 to +30 in ten mins.
Now would be a good time to reverse or call it a day and have fun wallstreet.

good luck M8

I'm tempted to go short again people?

the market is going nowhere with bad news from Europe confirming recession and UK industrial production down as well...............?

how can one be Long in this market with such glum news?

Hi all, I'm new to this forum. I'm short as well on FTSE100.I would like to agree with wallstreet: how could it go up with such bad news? However, when the us market opens the story might change. My stop is in place at 4435.Nearly there.

I'm waiting for weak price performance of the index today before I open a short - weak close would be the key indicator for me. I don't believe in taking short positions in an uptrend but good luck if you can hack it.

UPTREND..............what uptrend!!

its a bear market my friend..........EUROZONE confirms recession and UK manufacturing data at lowest level, this todays news my dear friend?

yes i agree you may have a little bounce but the overall trend is down...ISM data in USA will be negative as well remember.......

FTSE has been trading sideways now since 9.00am........

trend is your friend.......

Retail and telecoms sector selling off sharply forcing FTSE below 4400 ..........and banking sector index on the way down as well?

the only positive so far is mining and oil sector? traditionally supportive of FTSE 100?

any other theories welcome ?

still trading sideways people..............

any unknown variables that i need to factor in to my equation, please do let me know?

yes!!! just made another 50 points on FTSE shorting at 4400 ...............

I feel sorry for the people who keep going long?

don't fight the trend people?

same here. though mkt though, 3 hours sideways. It looks set for a massive drop at same point, but I think I'll stay out.

well i've made two 50 point drops this morning which is enough for me for the day...........
Oil sector has fallen dragging the FTSE down as heavily weighted.....

Bank sector has recovered due to decline in LIBOR rate?

Dow futures have dropped quiet significantly..........which is quiet worrying if I were long but i'm not!!!!!!!!!????????????????

So those people that are long can you please tell me what you are doing with your positions, have you triggered your stop losses or widened them............?

I went short again on FTSE @ 4455 as DOw trading lacklustre after initial pop up?

I am going to take profit as worried about post election bounce.......