Sharescope Real Time

Hi Guys,

I've been playing with SS RT for a couple of hours now and I really like it. As long as you view it as a tool for people who only want to trade UK stocks and don't want the faff of sorting out data feeds/charting packages for themselves then it is a good quality product. OK at a price but you do pay for convenience.

Hi,

You could take a look at www.quotetracker.com - its free and you can get real time quotes from www.advfn.com with their free service.

Plus its worth taking a look at www.spacejock.com for his brilliant shareware FChartsPro - this will read real time from quotetracker and is very powerful. Has a backtester built in as well all for about 30 quid. Support from the author is almost real time as well! Don't be put off by the fact its its an Oz product - works great on UK/US stocks/indices. Will even download EOD from Yahoo...

Obviously no L2 at these prices...

Cheers,
Chris

Hi Chris,

By an odd coincidence Medved Quote Tracker is the one I am looking at next. First impression is one of irritation with all the adverts but charts are quite good and like you say, it's free :)

Quotetracker

Helen,

I assume you are aware that the adverts are the price of not subscribing. If you do subscribe the adverts disappear.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul,

Actually no I didn't know.
Just looked at the cost. It's a bit more expensive than Sierra to subscribe to although you can do so for 1 month which isn't too bad I guess. I know which I prefer to use :)

Hi Helen

But you can use your Mytrack feed in Quote Tracker without ( I assume ) having to pay the $25 per month sierra/mytrack charge.

Actually I think its horses for courses.
Sierra better for in depth on a couple of shares/indices. Quotetracker better for intraday on several shares/portfolios.

Hi Dr Mike,

No you have to pay Mytrack a fee for enabling SDK access which is .....wait for it.........$25 a month :)

MyTrack and...

Ok, I am getting lost now.
So, what is the costing for MyTrack and Sierra... and MyTrack and Quotetracker for RealTime tick by tick in your face data?
:)

Also, Helen, would be keen to know what your likes and dislikes are wrt the two packages.

Cheers
Shaun

I downloaded Sierra over the weekend and had a look.

Helen, am I right in thinking that Sierra does not show tick by tick data, and that the smallest increment of data is 1 min? Also, I got the impression that it did not show the tick by tick state of the bid & offer (which is what you see on SSRT). Is this correct?

You do get the charts moving tick by tick (according to your feed), likewise bid and ask but you can't draw tick charts (yet) I believe they are working on it. The smallest time period for candles is 1 min yes.

Thanks, Helen. The other thing I noticed was that you had to send written notice to New York to close the Mytrack feed, which I thought was a bit excessive. Is that right?

How are you getting on with SSRT? Do you have any questions about it? Ask away..

Hi Fish,

I liked it a lot. I think if you are a UK stock trader with a big portfolio and a big bank balance who wants a good quality reliable feed intergrated with a nice interface then it's perfect. I very much liked the alerts and the screen configuration but it does lack the one indicator I use most namely CCI.

There is more work involved in having separate chart and feed packages. So convenience is worth something I think.

Not sure about the Mytrack feed cancellation thing. I haven't had to do that yet. Presumably you could fax it anyway?

Most alterations to the data feed are done easily on screen.

The way I cancelled the myTrack feed was via the chat channnel within myTrack - they were most helpful, and confirmed that my instruction had gone through. Even if you cancelled today, your subscription would actually run out at the end of the month. Under Entitlements you will see it says something like 'expires 28 Feb 2003' or something similar.