A Sharescope equivalent for US markets?

troyresearch

Sorry if this is the umpteenth time this question has been asked but I'm really comfortable using Sharescope , yet feel frustrated by its lack of support for trading US markets.

Is there an eqivalent product which is effective (historical charts with indicators and pre-built trendlines, as is the case for the UK, would be nice) that anyone can recommend?

I've, naturally, looked at the various threads on alternative software systems for TA, but this seems based on replacement of what you have already and, truth be told, I'm perfectly happy with Sharescope for the UK markets - the ability to scan by specific indicators would be a boon (if anyone from Sharescope is listening).

But I'd welcome suggestions of equivalent products which will help me trade markets with more action and volatility than the FTSE.

Troyresearch,
the next release of ShareScope Plus (Intraday) and Pro (realtime) will include US EOD data for NASDAQ, NYSE, AMEX, Dow Jones and S&P. Due for release very soon.
Regards,
ShareScope Marketing

Sharescope - Whats the problem

troyresearch said:
Sorry if this is the umpteenth time this question has been asked but I'm really comfortable using Sharescope , yet feel frustrated by its lack of support for trading US markets.

Is there an eqivalent product which is effective (historical charts with indicators and pre-built trendlines, as is the case for the UK, would be nice) that anyone can recommend?

I've, naturally, looked at the various threads on alternative software systems for TA, but this seems based on replacement of what you have already and, truth be told, I'm perfectly happy with Sharescope for the UK markets - the ability to scan by specific indicators would be a boon (if anyone from Sharescope is listening).

But I'd welcome suggestions of equivalent products which will help me trade markets with more action and volatility than the FTSE.

There used to be a saying.... a bad workman blames his tools... I have used other providers over the last 5 years, but I have realized that (for me) day trading is not the way to make real money - I spent 30 years in the city and was chained the 'Screen' .... every tick, every news announcement, snaired you into making emotional decisions that that in immediate retrospect were borderline insane.... and so obviously wrong, the next day. So in defence of Sharescope I have found their service all that I need, easy to use and since I only key off of the 'Days Close' a cost effective way to run my portfolio. If u need a multi-tude of other indicators and exotic on screen formulae that tell you when to Buy or Sell... along with the crowd.... I think Sharescope is not for you. For me their coverage of the UK mkts is great. I cant give u any equivalents, just keep your trading simply and stick to your game plan, which has to be in stone before you spend a penny... dont blame the 'tools' ...forget the exotic and just coz u dont make money with this provider, think changing will change your luck.

Err,
I'll just echo the 'TC2005' point here, Telechart 2005 is more 'TA' in appearance but you can list US stocks by a range of fundamentals and set various scans up. High Growth Stock Investor at http://www.highgrowthstock.com/
seem to be quite good too - I use TC2005 myself, primarily just for EoD prices, so although I like it I don't really make anything like full use of it. If you want significant fundamentals input then I'd be inclined to look over HGSI I think.

a bad workman blames his tools...

I have NO idea where that comes from, the chap wants to trade US markets as per Sharescope but they currently don't support this, so presumably he is looking to add US shares via another provider to his existing Sharescope coverage of the UK. (
I'm perfectly happy with Sharescope for the UK markets
being the giveaway).

Dave
(edited as the /quote and quote bits gor swapped somehow)

troyresearch
tc2005 looks ok to me
sharescope has been saying for months that they are going to do us data soon , I am tired of waiting, and sharescope is a bit late on the news , a us firm may be the way to go,
If you sign up let me know
Hornblower

Timclarke said:
Troyresearch,
the next release of ShareScope Plus (Intraday) and Pro (realtime) will include US EOD data for NASDAQ, NYSE, AMEX, Dow Jones and S&P. Due for release very soon.
Regards,
ShareScope Marketing

Will the historical US data come with the same level of information as the UK stocks? In particular, will you provide the following?

-capitalisation
-sector
-news
-director deals

Many thanks.

I have had an good look at tc2005
it has free teaching videos , ( sharescope want to charge you £39.00 for a cd for training )
a scanner , and you can ask questions from the trainers ,
the bottom line is they want you to use there system , and they seem give you all this so you will use there site, you have to pay !! but nothings free , if its any good
I think this is the way to go

Last edited:
Hi,
next release of Plus/Pro will include US EOD price data; US fundamentals will be included in a subsequent release.

Regards,
SS Marketing

when is the next update, and will there be a history of data or will it just start from the date of update?

The suggestion of TC2005 was very helpful. I have now been using it for some time and I'm very happy.

Anyone knows of an equivalent for Euro stocks?

ShareScope Plus and Pro V4.46 now released. It includes two years US EOD price data. Also includes:

- Data mining on MACD, RSI, Stochastic and Volume (as well as moving averages). Sample data mining filters available for customers on our forum.

- Excellent new company details screen

- Daily unit trust prices

- Support for multi-currency portfolios

Regards,
ShareScope Marketing

Company Detail Screen in GOLD version 3.84 of is one of the best I have seen and fast it is too.....

zambuck

SS Marketing said:
ShareScope Plus and Pro V4.46 now released. It includes two years US EOD price data. Also includes:

- Data mining on MACD, RSI, Stochastic and Volume (as well as moving averages). Sample data mining filters available for customers on our forum.

- Excellent new company details screen

- Daily unit trust prices

- Support for multi-currency portfolios

Regards,
ShareScope Marketing

eSignal On Demand

troyresearch,

If you are looking for a package that has both US and London data, eSignal On Demand can provide that. It is both an EOD service and an Intraday service with no exchange fees. Includes the eSignal software with hundreds of charting studies. Covers all major global exchanges.

eSignal OnDemand

Chuck