Shares issued

bullboy8

Rather silly question, not sure I came about it.

1. which body (fsa, LSE etc) governs the number of shares a listed company has. as in who keeps a log of this list to ensure it isn't tampered with etc.

Thanks.

Rather silly question, not sure I came about it.

1. which body (fsa, LSE etc) governs the number of shares a listed company has. as in who keeps a log of this list to ensure it isn't tampered with etc.

Thanks.

The "government" of a companies shares rests with the company, and its secretary. A company must go through certain procedures, but any new issue goes through companies house and recorded there (via the register of members).
FSA only regulates financial services..if a company does not provide financial services..FSA is not interested.
After lodging with companies house, LSE is informed.

The "government" of a companies shares rests with the company, and its secretary. A company must go through certain procedures, but any new issue goes through companies house and recorded there (via the register of members).
FSA only regulates financial services..if a company does not provide financial services..FSA is not interested.
After lodging with companies house, LSE is informed.

Arrr i see, when you refer to the secretary do you mean registrar like capital, equiniti. If not, how do the registrar's come in. As in shares are settled & cleared through CREST system which I guess are linked to the registrar's system so the registrar's can update their records?

How do new shares enter the CREST system?All so complicated...heheh...many thanks for your help.