Shares issued

bullboy8

108 0
Rather silly question, not sure I came about it.

1. which body (fsa, LSE etc) governs the number of shares a listed company has. as in who keeps a log of this list to ensure it isn't tampered with etc.

Thanks.

M

member275544

0 0
Rather silly question, not sure I came about it.

1. which body (fsa, LSE etc) governs the number of shares a listed company has. as in who keeps a log of this list to ensure it isn't tampered with etc.

Thanks.

The "government" of a companies shares rests with the company, and its secretary. A company must go through certain procedures, but any new issue goes through companies house and recorded there (via the register of members).
FSA only regulates financial services..if a company does not provide financial services..FSA is not interested.
After lodging with companies house, LSE is informed.

bullboy8

108 0
The "government" of a companies shares rests with the company, and its secretary. A company must go through certain procedures, but any new issue goes through companies house and recorded there (via the register of members).
FSA only regulates financial services..if a company does not provide financial services..FSA is not interested.
After lodging with companies house, LSE is informed.

Arrr i see, when you refer to the secretary do you mean registrar like capital, equiniti. If not, how do the registrar's come in. As in shares are settled & cleared through CREST system which I guess are linked to the registrar's system so the registrar's can update their records?

How do new shares enter the CREST system?All so complicated...heheh...many thanks for your help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock