Shall The Expert GO or STAY ?

Should The Expert GO or STAY ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I am going away to meditate for 5 hours, 5 minutes and 5 seconds, and, when I return I expect to see no rubbish in this thread, DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM SAYING:mad:

Are you trying to surreptitiously say you are off for a wank?

Have you a banana stuck between your 2 lobes:LOL:

The Expert will not educate inept primates, no matter how much rattling they do:cheesy:

:smart:TE:smart:
Excellent, thank you, The Expert.

For the record, I would like to hereby reinstate my "GO" vote. It's my considered professional opinion that The Expert is no expert. He/She has nothing worthwhile to impart, regardless of his/her grand claims. I think he/she posts here for entertainment (don't we all?), but does so under false pretenses. He/She is also arrogant and annoying, but that's largely beside the point.

Finally, given the vote, shouldn't you be making yourself scarce right about now, The Expert?

Anyways, y'all (including you, my best new buddy, The Expert) have a good w/e! It's been real!

EDIT: If The Expert responds to my post before 05:05:05 elapses, it will be very very sad. I want The Expert to meditate peacefully and become a better man/woman as a result.

You've been working in your job as a real expert doing the thing that shall not be named at the place that shall be neither for too long :LOL:
Just trying to be politically correct here, Cap'n... Don't wanna put a foot wrong with The Expert here, 'cause he/she is sharp, y'know.

Well, TE, you've finally roused me from my slumbers.

You may, or may not, be an expert.
You may, or may not, have something useful to contribute.
You may, or may not, be interested in helping other traders.
You may, or may not, want to stimulate discussion between traders.
You may, or may not, be just a wind-up merchant.
You may, or may not, want to stay or go.

I may, or may not, give you the stay/go choice.
I may, or may not, close this thread.
I may, or may not, severely cull your other threads.

Life's full of maybes, but I think the time has come for you to start living up to your nickname so far as your posts are concerned. You have made some thought provoking posts - albeit shrouded in fog - but they are lost under the weight of your non-value stuff. Remember, too, that you are posting on open boards where all members have the right to be heard (but not to attack or insult) and not cast aside as "inept primates".

So, I suppose that's put up or shut up :)

cheers

jon

Paul, this is the "which" for stocks, so we will start here and call it SSM from here on out.

SSM is of the utmost importance, same as picking the right horse for the race.

We have already looked at some of methods I use to screen the S&P 500 stocks, and, it works very well for me.

For daytrading we set a rule as follows.

DT1 = we will not waste time on any stocks that are not showing 0.50+ for a 30 day plot.

Any questions?

TE

Q1. Not clear on the methods you use for SSM. Could you please elaborate?

Q2. Do you stick to using these methods strictly on the S&P500 stocks?

Q3. When you say "30 day plot", do you mean average of the daily ATR for the instrument over the last 30 trading days?

Thanks,
Chill

OK, you want serious questions asked, so here you go.

Please explain in plain and clear English your trading philosophy, how your decide which direction to take, how do you decide when you are wrong and how you press your winners.

No more riddles, no more of the usual nonsense. Otherwise just don't bother.

Here I was, just entering a luscious deep forest, when, suddenly, a dim voice from above echoed from all sides, as follows,

"TE, TE, he is calling, he is calling, you better wake up!"

Damn:mad:

Well, TE, you've finally roused me from my slumbers.

You may, or may not, be an expert.

I am The Expert

You may, or may not, have something useful to contribute.

I have something that very few have

You may, or may not, be interested in helping other traders.

I only help those who are willing to help themselves, and others

You may, or may not, want to stimulate discussion between traders.

I am the giver, not the taker

You may, or may not, be just a wind-up merchant.

I am The Expert

You may, or may not, want to stay or go.

I do what I want to do, not what I am told to do

I may, or may not, give you the stay/go choice.

SO WHAT

I may, or may not, close this thread.

SO WHAT

I may, or may not, severely cull your other threads.

SO WHAT

Life's full of maybes, but I think the time has come for you to start living up to your nickname so far as your posts are concerned. You have made some thought provoking posts - albeit shrouded in fog - but they are lost under the weight of your non-value stuff. Remember, too, that you are posting on open boards where all members have the right to be heard (but not to attack or insult) and not cast aside as "inept primates".

So, I suppose that's put up or shut up :)

You do not dictate what I say, or what I do not say

cheers

jon

NP jon,

Now back to the serious posters(y)

TE

Q1. Not clear on the methods you use for SSM. Could you please elaborate?

Q2. Do you stick to using these methods strictly on the S&P500 stocks?

Q3. When you say "30 day plot", do you mean average of the daily ATR for the instrument over the last 30 trading days?

Thanks,
Chill

Q1. Simple, we ignore any stocks that are not above the 0.50+ cent line, preferably for the last 30 days, but not having to be.

Q2. No, it can be used on any stock in any market, but have a look and see what markets are best, as, they are the ones to trade.

Q3. No, the average is of no importance. It is better if the stock is above the 0.50+ cent line for 30 days, but like when getting in and out of trades, you must give some leeway and do not try and catch the last cent.

You are welcome.

TE

OK, you want serious questions asked, so here you go.

Please explain in plain and clear English your trading philosophy, how your decide which direction to take, how do you decide when you are wrong and how you press your winners.

No more riddles, no more of the usual nonsense. Otherwise just don't bother.

You did not think before you acted, so, you are automatically excluded from my direct replies in relation to any trading related information.

Back to the luscious forest then.

Please make sure you are registered to vote before you cast your ballot in the public box.

TE

Before I go, DT is 100% correct in what he has said upstairs, and at least he has the balls to say it, not like most who are afraid to open their mouths.

DT has what it takes to be a successful trader, and it is not just because he is appearing to back me, as he has clearly stated his views about me and others, but, in lay man's terms, HE IS NO FOOL.

TE

Expert, am I permitted to ask serious questions or have I blown my chances?

And if the latter, please do set out guidelines so others do not repeat the mistakes I have made!!!

Q1. Simple, we ignore any stocks that are not above the 0.50+ cent line, preferably for the last 30 days, but not having to be.

Q2. No, it can be used on any stock in any market, but have a look and see what markets are best, as, they are the ones to trade.

Q3. No, the average is of no importance. It is better if the stock is above the 0.50+ cent line for 30 days, but like when getting in and out of trades, you must give some leeway and do not try and catch the last cent.

You are welcome.

TE

Hi TE

Don't think I completely understand your answers to Q1 & Q3.

Actually, let me describe (combination of answers Q1 & Q3) what I *think* you mean and then maybe you can correct it.

a) We draw a graph for each stock. The graph shows the last 30 days on the x-axis and
ATR (i.e High-Low) on the y-axis. The unit for the y-axis is 1 cent (US stocks).

b) We then look for graphs (stocks) that have an ATR which is consistently higher than
50 i.e EVERY DAY for the last 30 days. Such a stock would have deemed to pass SSM.

Comments?

Thanks,
Chill

Here I was, just entering a luscious deep forest, when, suddenly, a dim voice from above echoed from all sides, as follows,

"TE, TE, he is calling, he is calling, you better wake up!"

Damn:mad:

................You do not dictate what I say, or what I do not say............

NP jon,

Now back to the serious posters(y)

TE

TE

wanna put money on that :)

but, as you say, back to serious posts.

jon

Hi TE

Don't think I completely understand your answers to Q1 & Q3.

Actually, let me describe (combination of answers Q1 & Q3) what I *think* you mean and then maybe you can correct it.

a) We draw a graph for each stock. The graph shows the last 30 days on the x-axis and
ATR (i.e High-Low) on the y-axis. The unit for the y-axis is 1 cent (US stocks).

b) We then look for graphs (stocks) that have an ATR which is consistently higher than
50 i.e EVERY DAY for the last 30 days. Such a stock would have deemed to pass SSM.

Comments?

Thanks,
Chill

Chilli,

I think that TE is referring to the trading range rather than the ATR. ATR is an average range taken over a period of time and takes into account the change from one day to another as well as the range of an individual day. So I think his filer is for stocks that have a daily range that has been consistently higher than $0.5 for 30 days leading you to anticipate that a similar range can be expected.

N

Jon,
I have posted 5 or 6 complaints about this guy's offensive and abusive language.
When is enough enough ?

Status
Not open for further replies.