T2W Members' Choice Awards 2008

This is all beginning to remind me of another thread about 3 years ago with jimbo... I stood up for the site then but can honestly say, there has only been a handful of worthwhile threads and posters here since then.

All the things I argued about then, came to be so blatantly obvious and the advertisers (and those earning from them) have most definitely won.

Once upon a time I would have said to newbies I met IRL, t2w is a great resource, now, I wouldn't even mention t2w in the same sentence as the subject of trading.

As zupcon points out, and the owners (NOT mods) have shown since http://www.trade2win.com/boards/t2w-feedback/21843-trade-win-something-else-6.html this place is great for a laugh, but a trading website it is no more.

Wasp ! You tired of being a deity already ? (nice lipstick by the way):LOL:

this place is great for a laugh, but a trading website it is no more.

but i guess this is good for those of us that actual trade... people (normal people) are in general not that interested in trading ("correctly").. therefore less, competition more profit

Then why come to a trading site in the first place.

You either came to learn or help (or scam/advertise/con).

If you just want somewhere to chat, theres everything from 4chan to the chatzy room, which, IMO, would teach more than this site anytime.

I cam to learn and I did. I learnt a lot but, unfortunately, only a handful of those posters are still here and one of them just makes the tea(;)) They were either banned, ridiculed, p1ssed off or fed up, and when the decent posters did put something worthwhile up, jealous members and sceptics ridiculed and argued until the thread died or was closed. Hell, even I had a go at Socco many a time but what he was saying, under all the attitude, was vital to make me the trader I am today. Same with dbphoenix, charliechan, tsuntzu, mrmarcus, sandpiper, thebramble.... the list goes on... where are they now?

I have posted countless charts in my journal of late, and only 3 people have PM'd me... Why, because its detailed TA, not some 'heres how to make millions' as there is no desire to learn anymore and those that try, soon get shot down.

If one wants a laugh, happy days, but point me towards 3 threads worth reading for traders who want to learn... and I DON'T mean silly short cuts or system sellers dressed up as a helpful members, only for a charge to pop up along the road as the answers come closer.........

This is all beginning to remind me of another thread about 3 years ago with jimbo... I stood up for the site then but can honestly say, there has only been a handful of worthwhile threads and posters here since then.

Just check this out for hypocrisy, a statement made by paul regarding an accusation of favouritism leant to certain posters:

1) "favouritism leant to certain posters" - just not so, we very democratically established site guidelines with full consultation of the members. All the moderators do is apply those guidelines to the best of their abilities. To suggest there is some conscious favouring of particular members is simply not true and never has been.

Now we have moderators quite openly declaring that "some are more equal than others", certain mods are actually stating that that has always been the case. The Grey1 vendor tag issue is a blatent example of sharkys hypocrisy, it stinks, and it tarnishes the reputation of the site and each and every moderator.

I would rep Wasp's post but the rules imposed that prevent me doing so at this time so I'll have to woe you one

This is all quite pointless though...

It didn't change anything in 2006, it didn't change anything when the advisor's went behind closed doors and debated the necessity for content till the lack of Sharky et al caused myself, firewalker and many others to go to traders laboratory and it won't change now.

The site owners are coining it from the advertising and this is Sharky's business so thats his choice. He decided to choose profit over content and this is what ruined the site, and why places like traders lab flourish because its run by traders, for traders, with traders as the core importance.

Shame... I feel sorry for the newbies, and the mods who really are just doing what they are asked voluntarily in hope that t2w could become the site it once had the potential to be.