T2W Members' Choice Awards 2008

why was he banned anyway?

Member banned: Socrates
""Reason"": constant flaming, snide, insulting remarks and ignoring countless warnings.
Duration: permanent, thank god. Please do not come back under another bloody alias.

Matt - T2W Advertising Manager!

There is a very small minority that knows the absolute truth.

There is a vast majority that does not know the hidden secret agenda.

In all this there is a concentrated unruly mob.

What is the reason for this mob and who is the mob leader and who is backing the mob leader ?

All of you in here who are trying to stimulate me into tit for tat argument at your level do not realise your own stupidity, which is staring you in the face.

You lead yourselves to think all of this is capable of upsetting me. I assure you it is not.

You provide entertainment in an otherwise relentless, sometimes boring profession.

Also I allow you to reveal to me and others who are reading this to assess the absolute encrusted extent of your collective and individual stupidity.

All of you in here are doomed, nobody dooms you, but because you doom yourselves.

Instead of tryng indicators, and moving averages, and signals and ratios, and other rubbish you ought to be working to improve yourselves instead of making yourselves look stupid.

All of you are annoyed because you do not get it consistently right. This annoyance at not getting it consistently right is what stimulates you to behave the way you do, it is obvious to me as it is to others.

Very funny it is. Ha Ha Ha

:mad:

Hi Albert,
Just curious to know why you are so 'mad' at being banned, given that you had such complete and utter contempt for most of us?
Anyway, I'm glad you've survived your trauma on the high seas and occasionally pop up in unexpected places (e.g. Anton Kriel's blog). I always wondered if there was a life after T2W, now I know!
;)
Tim.

Hi Albert,
Just curious to know why you are so 'mad' at being banned, given that you had such complete and utter contempt for most of us?
Anyway, I'm glad you've survived your trauma on the high seas and occasionally pop up in unexpected places (e.g. Anton Kriel's blog). I always wondered if there was a life after T2W, now I know!
;)
Tim.

I have explained before, and I will explain again.

I am not him, he is not me, I am not Bulldozer, Bulldozer is not him or me

:LOL:

I have a theory as to why there's been no announcement . . .
S89 has won all the categories for which he's been nominated. Sharky and admin' have come around to my way of thinking on this issue and can't decide what - if anything - should be done about it. To announce S89 as a winner could bring T2W into disrepute and cast a long shadow over its credibility as a forum for serious traders. In a desperate bid to find a solution to the problem, Sharky is seeking counsel from a world renowned expert on such matters. The long delay is because, currently, he is in Zimbabwe as a guest of his new found friend, Robert Mugabe.
:LOL:

I am most certainly not dead! :eek:

Unfortunately I've not been around very much because of personal reasons, but I'm thankful to say that I'm back in the driving seat now!:cool:

Anyway, update for everyone on the MCAs. First off.. a big apology!!!! We should have put this to bed at the end of last year, and we didn't and we let it drag on till now. No excuses, buck stops with me and I never quite got around to sorting it out. Basically we failed to send out any sort of mailing about the MCAs when the voting went live, either as a standalone email or in the newsletter. And even though we got thousands of votes just from the publicity on the website, because we have so many nominees, some categories I feel have too close votes between the top 3 positions, that makes it uncomfortable for me to call the winners - because I want it to be truly representative of the members.

Therefore, this evening we're sending out a T2W Announcement, inviting those that still haven't yet voted to vote, and the voting will close end of Sunday 8th, Feb. We'll waste no time in counting the votes and the winners will then be announced on Monday, 9th Feb. If you've already voted don't worry, there's no need to do it again.

And so, yes, I'm still alive! Also hoping to be more active in Feb and the coming months.

Therefore, this evening we're sending out a T2W Announcement, inviting those that still haven't yet voted to vote, and the voting will close end of Sunday 8th, Feb. We'll waste no time in counting the votes and the winners will then be announced on Monday, 9th Feb. If you've already voted don't worry, there's no need to do it again.
Isn't that a similar tactic to the one Mr. Mugabe deployed after he lost the Zimbabwe general election? I can see it now, S89 is preparing his Kate Winslett style acceptance speech . . .

in the "Favourite Spreadbetting" category, ETXCapital and Tradindex are one and the same. Any votes for these should be merged.

some categories I feel have too close votes between the top 3 positions, that makes it uncomfortable for me to call the winners - because I want it to be truly representative of the members.

You want something thats truly representative of the members.. what absolute hypocrisy, the members voted and you didnt like the outcome, so you'll override the vote so it is "truly representative"

Nothing wrong at all with doing that, nothing wrong with blatently rigging the vote, hell I'd do it rather than suffer the humiliation of admitting banned members are winning categories, but to suggest that the members who voted are somehow wrong and demand a recount is blatent hypocrisy. Why not just award everything to your old mate Grey1... you know the vendor who isnt a vendor

This site gets worse by the hour, if it where not so side splittingly funny observing this I'd go and do something more useful with my time :LOL:

You want something thats truly representative of the members.. what absolute hypocrisy, the members voted and you didnt like the outcome, so you'll override the vote so it is "truly representative"

Nothing wrong at all with doing that, nothing wrong with blatently rigging the vote, hell I'd do it rather than suffer the humiliation of admitting banned members are winning categories, but to suggest that the members who voted are somehow wrong and demand a recount is blatent hypocrisy. Why not just award everything to your old mate Grey1... you know the vendor who isnt a vendor

This site gets worse by the hour, if it where not so side splittingly funny observing this I'd go and do something more useful with my time :LOL:

REPPED X 100

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

See what your M8 has to say about that! LOL

bluetipex - thanks for pointing that out, I'll make sure the votes are merged appropriately.

zupcon - the fact is we failed to mail out directly to the members before, hence we're doing it now so that the response we get is as representative as possible. If we didn't care then we'd have announced them regardless.

Thanks to all those members who have already responded to the email we sent yesterday, we've had an overwhelming response - voting remains open until Sunday, and winners will be announced early next week.

one ipod as a prize :confused: when you must be making thousands/millions from advertising :-0 surely you can stretch it to a few more :p

p.s il give you a fiver if you can make sure i win ;)

I think members are treated very poorly considering the huge amount we pay to post on t2w..... ;)
Richard

spanish your doing a "rubbish" job of getting yourself noticed ... try harder :p

I think members are treated very poorly considering the huge amount we pay to post on t2w..... ;)
Richard

But the opportunity cost associated with wasting time on this particular forum is absolutely beyond measure. The majority who come here with the mistaken idea that they might actually learn something of value will pay a price far higher than mearly handing over a few bucks to an unscrupulous vendor. They'll pay the ultimate price of failure.

Thats not to say that valuable information isnt available here, because it is, but then again, its of no value to those who need it most, because they dont recognise it as valuable, and those who do recognise its value no longer need it.

The issue for me is when the sites admins and moderators deliberately go out of there way to harm innocent lambs to the slaughter by the not so subtle promotion of particular vendors and viewpoints. Dont get me wrong, they have a living to make, and they are as entitled to rob and cheat the gullible as the next man, its just the blatent hypocrisy that I find distasteful.

I have to agree, anyone here for a bit of banter gets more than there money's worth :LOL: