Self taught? Impossible!

Willing to bet on that? :p

I wouldn't, personally. A move like that is just too brutal; I'm not about to take any chances at all.

Sorry I do not bet, I am scalper.:p

Anyway I think is wise to take not chances in this business.

Keep in mind that anything can happen at any time of any magnitude, but if that occurs, I don't think that just the scalper is going to be effected. Don't you think so?

Also the discussion was based on a lady that suffer a loss as a consequence of a bad news announcement, not on someone dropping an atomic bomb on a major city around the world.

Taking risks is also the nature of the business.

Anyway I out of here, take care.

Last edited:
Willing to bet on that? :p

I wouldn't, personally. A move like that is just too brutal; I'm not about to take any chances at all.

It is a bet you'll lose. What Mike is trying to get you to understand is that some Spread Betting companies offer Guaranteed Stops. You tick a little check box before you place a trade to select a Guaranteed Stop on the trade.

What's Best: Using a Guaranteed Stop Loss or Ordinary

It is a bet you'll lose. What Mike is trying to get you to understand is that some Spread Betting companies offer Guaranteed Stops. You tick a little check box before you place a trade to select a Guaranteed Stop on the trade.

What's Best: Using a Guaranteed Stop Loss or Ordinary

So Mike is scalping Forex, using a spread bet broker and guaranteed stops.

Nothing like stacking the chips against yourself is there?

Leopardo,

Thank you for your explanation, classy as usual. LOL.

But I have to tell you that this time you are wrong, I am not sure about other markets but in forex you have guarantee SL. Is all in the small print.

I have been trading the forex market for at least 7 years and never occurred to me or any other person in the forex business that I know. It can occur during the weekend, but as explained before with some brokers like Oanda it will not occur.

Mike

Guaranteed stop loss!

you might be confused. The broker guarantees the execution of the SL at market. they dont guarantee the price.

If am wrong: tell us about your broker

Guaranteed stop loss!

you might be confused. The broker guarantees the execution of the SL at market. they dont guarantee the price.

If am wrong: tell us about your broker

You are just like a bunch of wild dogs, attacking people in group just because they do not think like you. A prerogative of a loser.

You are the one that is happy making 10 % year? I make that every week if I am unlucky and on a capital that you can only dream of.

So instead of constantly trying to bring people down, my question is, what don't you try to learn how to trade instead? Is it to hard for you? I think it is.

To be honest I getting a bit tired interacting with losers, they only tend to bring you down, this is my last post on this thread, (and unsubscribe) do not bother to answer, because it will not reach me, but only your kinds (wild dogs) for a cheap gratification.

Last edited:
You are just like a bunch of wild dogs, attacking people in group that just because they do not think like you. A prerogative of a loser.

You are one that is happy making 10 % year? I make that every week is I am unlucky and on a capital that you can only dream.

So instead of constantly trying to bring people down, my question is, what don't you try to learn how to trade instead? Is it to hard for you? I think it is.

To be honest I getting a bit tired interacting with losers, they only tend to bring you down, this is my lost post on this thread, (and unsubscribe) do not bother to answer, because it will not reach me, but only your kinds (wild dogs) for a cheap gratification.

you can't just write crap and expect people to beleive it. You might be in the wrong forum. try trade2lose.com

if you have balls; post your statements (n)

Mike

Look - don't take it personally but there are a lot of BS artists on this board and there are a lot of experienced traders here.

There can of course be miscommunications and BS can be called where none exists.

As it is, people are suspicious of your claims because of the conclusions that are drawn from the limited information available.

From what is available, people think this is what you are doing:

1 - Using a Spread Bet broker
2 - Scalping succesfully for 6/7 ticks at a time, which gives the SB broker no time to lay off your bets
3 - Paying additional spread for the guaranteed stop loss
4 - Earning huge sums of money doing the above

Now - that doesn't really make a lot of sense because the SB broker would close you down if you continually made large sums of money from them. You would be making large sums of money from them because you scalp and therefore don't afford them the opportunity to lay off the bets.

Everyone on this board would like to know of the broker setup that would allow you to get a guaranteed stop on a scalp trade on Forex.

Why not educate people?

DT

Guys there is some brokers do offer Guaranteed stops lets move one , that is not the issue , the issue is there is some **** got wiped out by a 200 pips gap ! that shouldn't happen in the first place , gap or not you are going to have a 200 pips loss at some point : from a gap , from a streak of losses .... , if you are not ready for a 200 pips gap then you are not ready for a streak of losses as well which eventually will happen ...

Guaranteed stop loss orders (GSL) comes at a cost; usually broker charges you extra percentage for it. it's like insurance; or like options.

it's another fast way for your broker to make money.

don't forget bucket shops usually gun stops; so for them; GSL is an F1 of collecting dough from noobs at a faster speed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeTUhpzG4MQ

However it can be useful for stocks spreadbetting ...

taking out my ego hat: i wasn't aware of the existence of GSL.

now I know more

alter_ego_hat-p148967242102890886qz14_400.jpg

IG index charge me 3ish pips/ticks for guarantee. C'est trop cher mais ce ne pas plus cher comme un option.

So Mike is scalping Forex, using a spread bet broker and guaranteed stops.

Nothing like stacking the chips against yourself is there?

Mike

Look - don't take it personally but there are a lot of BS artists on this board and there are a lot of experienced traders here.

There can of course be miscommunications and BS can be called where none exists.

As it is, people are suspicious of your claims because of the conclusions that are drawn from the limited information available.

From what is available, people think this is what you are doing:

1 - Using a Spread Bet broker
2 - Scalping succesfully for 6/7 ticks at a time, which gives the SB broker no time to lay off your bets
3 - Paying additional spread for the guaranteed stop loss
4 - Earning huge sums of money doing the above

Now - that doesn't really make a lot of sense because the SB broker would close you down if you continually made large sums of money from them. You would be making large sums of money from them because you scalp and therefore don't afford them the opportunity to lay off the bets.

Everyone on this board would like to know of the broker setup that would allow you to get a guaranteed stop on a scalp trade on Forex.

Why not educate people?

DT

These good posts get to the heart of the matter (y). Scalping with a bucketshop and guaranteed s/l :eek:? Can't see how that could possibly work.

These good posts get to the heart of the matter (y). Scalping with a bucketshop and guaranteed s/l :eek:? Can't see how that could possibly work.

3/4 ticks offside to start. If he's trading proper lots as he said then that's 30/40 quid commission per trade. Looking at his thread he's pulling about 3/4 trades a day 4-5 days so say 4 days and 38 trading weeks.

(19w x 3t x 4d) + (19w x 4t x 4d) = 228 +304 = 532 trades x £35 comm = £18620 in commissions + slippage.

Codswallop.

Last edited:
3/4 ticks offside to start. If he's trading proper lots as he said then that's 30/40 quid commission per trade. Winner!

it is less stressful if he gives the $40 to the broker whenever he wish to trade; without actually trading.

he may get something in return; like a $50 birthday gift :LOL:

3/4 ticks offside to start. If he's trading proper lots as he said then that's 30/40 quid commission per trade. Looking at his thread he's pulling about 3/4 trades a day 4-5 days so say 4 days and 38 trading weeks.

(19w x 3t x 4d) + (19w x 4t x 4d) = 228 +304 = 532 trades x £35 comm = £18620 in commissions + slippage.

Codswallop.

A Statement will clear this up.

I'd be amazed if anyone had a large enough edge to overcome an additional 3 pips. I certainly dont.

Then again, I dont make 10% a week :)

10% a week is nothing, =(1.1)^51. why, compounded up that only means you increase your account 129 fold over 1 year. some vendors would baulk at such a figure. :LOL: