Seeking for a ( reliable )Futures Broker using MetaTrader 4 platform......

You could try instaforex.com they have commodities/share indicies on metatrader plus you get 30% bonus for signing up, not sure if your after actual futures contracts though, you would have to trade directly with globex.com via a broker and i'm pretty sure metatrader can't trade on these exchanges

I have heard that Smart Live Markets were going to offer futures and options. They are an MT4 broker. Hasn't happened yet.

I have heard that Smart Live Markets were going to offer futures and options. They are an MT4 broker. Hasn't happened yet.

That's good to know. I have a spread-betting account with them.

Someone in the spread-betting section was urging spread-betters to consider E-mini and E-micro currency futures, as a better alternative to spread-betting (minus the tax advantages in the UK, of course). I'd never considered this before, but was intrigued, and went investigating. It seems interesting. The next problem then is to seek a broker, so I had a look at the list of recommended brokers they give on the CME Board website.

I went through the signup process just to see what questions got asked, and just about the first thing I noticed when I gave my UK address, was a message saying that I would be being introduced to a broker in Europe (it was actually in NL). I tried another on that list and exactly the same thing happened, so clearly it would be the same for all. Fair enough, I suppose.

I know that some people in the UK seem happy working with US brokers. However, I personally would like to avoid the possible complications, if I can.

If I could just extend my SLM account to add futures, that would be convenient, since I know them and they know me, so I shouldn't have to go through the ID rigmarole, and it's comforting having the firm be in the UK (or at least have an office here).

So, I wonder when they will get their act together? Perhaps they are waiting for the requisite approval.

Last edited:
That's good to know. I have a spread-betting account with them.

Someone in the spread-betting section was urging spread-betters to consider E-mini and E-micro currency futures, as a better alternative to spread-betting (minus the tax advantages in the UK, of course). I'd never considered this before, but was intrigued, and went investigating. It seems interesting. The next problem then is to seek a broker, so I had a look at the list of recommended brokers they give on the CME Board website.

I went through the signup process just to see what questions got asked, and just about the first thing I noticed when I gave my UK address, was a message saying that I would be being introduced to a broker in Europe (it was actually in NL). I tried another on that list and exactly the same thing happened, so clearly it would be the same for all. Fair enough, I suppose.

I know that some people in the UK seem happy working with US brokers. However, I personally would like to avoid the possible complications, if I can.

If I could just extend my SLM account to add futures, that would be convenient, since I know them and they know me, so I shouldn't have to go through the ID rigmarole, and it's comforting having the firm be in the UK (or at least have an office here).

So, I wonder when they will get their act together? Perhaps they are waiting for the requisite approval.

I emailed them about this, and I'm afraid it's a NO:
Unfortunately we have no intention of offering futures at the moment.

Last edited: