Seeking a system that works

jrearden

If you have come across or (preferably) actually trade a commercially available system that works well, please post it here, if you would.

I know some will say -- 'Many work, you have to find the one that's right for you.' I will do this, but am seeking a variety of methodologies that I can look into, of which I will pursue those that appeal to me most given their nature and performance.

Thank you.

- John

If you have come across or (preferably) actually trade a commercially available system that works well, please post it here, if you would.

I know some will say -- 'Many work, you have to find the one that's right for you.' I will do this, but am seeking a variety of methodologies that I can look into, of which I will pursue those that appeal to me most given their nature and performance.

Thank you.

- John

The one I use works out quite well for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thank you.

- John

John
im sure you will get many offers of systems that work. if any one system worked dont you think wed have all heard about it by now. im afraid there is no shortcut

I think when people hear about a system that supposedly works they usually instantly don't believe it because they say "if any one system worked dont you think we'de have all heard about it by now". The belief that trading is hard and takes years to master and that no 'systems' work is too strong to break with most people maybe. There must surely be systems that do work though, because a lot of people do make a lot of money. Nothing wrong with finding out what they do, then copy them I guess.

An example is with a friend of mine from the US (I'm in the UK), he was making a lot of money trading, so he showed me how he does what he does and I thought "I'll do that too then". But he finds that most people are curious about the success he has, but most don't even ask him to show them how, or they write of his system as 'luck', or someting that wouldn't work for them - before they even look into it. This is how I think a lot of people shoot themselves in the foot up front. But you really can't blame them, because of the trading environment. It's filled with a lot of big egos, millions of opinions and methods, but only a few people who make any money. One can only remain open-minded for a finite amount of time. So if you find something that works while you're still new and have an open mind, that's probably your best chance to find something.

In terms of shortcuts - there is none as far as your own learning, self-education and getting experience is concerned. But to a great degree you can learn from the mistakes (and successes) of others, without having to battle for many years while you learn everything the hard way as well. But there are many things that you will have to learn the hard way I guess.

Good luck, if there is such a thing.

Thank you.

- John

I want to become a doctor, is there a system that can help me skip the 5 years of training?

but is it the same? To provide even the most basic helth care you need to train for over 5 years and become a doctor. In this situation knowing as much as possible is beneficial. I've come to belive (from my own humble observations) that with trading, knowing too much can be a bad thing, causing analysis paralysis, second-guessing, etc. Maybe with trading, doing something simple, that works, is better? Of course there is a lot of basic knowledge and undestanding about trading and the markets you do need to know - I'm not saying that it's at all quick easy, please don't misunderstand my point here.

No I am not selling it - I am trading it :rolleyes:

Please don't start that again.
I'm an architect and a part-time trader, not a salesman.

But
- you have a vendor badge
- your board name is the same as a vendor of snake oil
- you are here touting their services all the time

Hence, you are selling it. If they aren't paying you, then you are a schmuck.

But
- you have a vendor badge
- your board name is the same as a vendor of snake oil
- you are here touting their services all the time

Hence, you are selling it. If they aren't paying you, then you are a schmuck.

I'm assosiating myself with the methods I use, because I like what I use, and because this is an open forum I don't mind being open about how I trade.

Not sure what snake oil is.

I've not touted their services once.

Hence, I'm not selling it. And schmuck is a technical term I assume? Or am I attracting pointless insults from what is generally a respectful and professional community.

If you look to the start of this thread the user asked a question about systems that work. He said "If you have come across or (preferably) actually trade a commercially available system that works well, please post it here, if you would."

So I did that. "I said this one works quite well for me." - nothing untrue about that. Replying to someone's thread - very acceptable practice right? Touting a system you say? Must I just keep quiet and not say something about the system I use, even if the user is outright asking for it, just in case you have something to say about it?

All you've done is clutter up this thread with with your critisisms of me. You haven't actually added any value here.

All you've done is clutter up this thread with with your critisisms of me. You haven't actually added any value here.

People like you represent everything that is bad about the industry.

If I have added value it is in showing that you are nothing more than a shill for some crappy trading system.

People like you represent everything that is bad about the industry.

If I have added value it is in showing that you are nothing more than a shill for some crappy trading system.

You're comments are becoming more and more desperate. People like me? I don't think you even quite know what you mean by that.

You're doing it again. You did not answer the original question. And you're showing nothing, because nothing you're saying is true. You thinkit's crappy - fine. I don't, it's made me some good money so far. It's that simple.

Why don't you give some positive info here. Tell us what you do and how we can do it to if we want.

Blaine - does this individual look familiar ?

timthumb.php

Sorry? What is blaine and why are showing my pictures? Is that you, should I know that picture from somewhere?

It seems you have completely lost it. I thought I was dealing with someone at least half-rational here, but I've obviously wasted my time trying to answer any of your accusations. I should have known, you never have an answer for anything I say that makes sense - you just keep coming back with your next desperate attempt to make stuff up about me.

Get well soon.

OK - so you are James and not Blaine, OK then.

Personally, I like this link on your site...

Like the idea of being trained to be a millionaire, and a free trip to Costa Rica?

Follow the link: http://www.chwproductions.com/millionaire.html

Registration is free, only open to Market Mover Trading students, and closes at the end of September 2010.

So - no snake oil there then :rolleyes: You just happen to be advertising Market Mover Trading affiliates on your site too

Linked in:

James Tudsbury

Title
Independent Trader and European Founding 50 member with Market Mover Trading
Demographic info
Financial Services | London, United Kingdom

Current:
Independent Trader at Market Mover Trading

Of course, you are just a happy customer and not a shill at all...

James Tudsbury’s Experience

Independent Trader
Market Mover Trading

(Privately Held; Investment Banking industry)

March 2010 — Present (7 months)

Tools and Education for Traders. Whether you currently trade futures, or want to learn how to, Market Mover Trading provides all the education and tools you need to trade futures successfully and consistently.

You missed one trick...

On your linked in page - http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/james-tudsbury/18/42/913

you have a link to 'your' website...

http://www.marketmovertrading.com/jamestudsbury

Which is of course Market Mover Tradings website and not yours.... Now - a cynic would say that this is your affiliate link or you are Market Move Trading.

Good job I'm not a cynic...

OK - so you are James and not Blaine, OK then.

Personally, I like this link on your site...

So - no snake oil there then :rolleyes: You just happen to be advertising Market Mover Trading affiliates on your site too

Linked in:

Of course, you are just a happy customer and not a shill at all...

Uh, yes I'm James.

Look, you don't seem to understand my roll here at all. I like Market Mover Trading, I use them, I created a blog about my experience in using their system. I have fun doing it and I have met a few good interesting people through my blogging.

I'm not 'advertising' anything on my blog - I report MMT news on my blog, that link is one of the things I reported, because I happen to quite excited about it.

Trade2Win is a different story altogether. I have made no attempt to sell anything on this forum to anyone, not once. If I'm a salesman I must be a pretty bad one. Can I not affiliate myself with a company that I quite honestly believe in and whose services I use, but also join a forum like T2W where I come to learn and talk about trading, without 'selling' anything?

I have an affiliate link on my blog - I've never posted it to this forum. So if you have a problem with something on this forum I say, argue with me about it rationally then. Don't go off and look through my blog and bring stuff off it and put it here to say something about it. If you go to my blog and have a problem with something there, then take it up with me on my blog, not on T2W.

Seriously, just get over it and stop having such a problem with me.

Now, how about answering the original question from the user who started this thread - it's the least you can do after all of this.