Seeking a futures trading strategy that actually works

jrearden

Can you point me in the direction of a futures trading strategy that works? E.g., books, e-books, sites? Again, I am looking for a methodology that actually works, daily, in practice. Thank you.

Actually, if someone wants to make money he will point you to a strategy that does not work and take the opposite side of the trade. Be alert.

Can you point me in the direction of a futures trading strategy that works? E.g., books, e-books, sites? Again, I am looking for a methodology that actually works, daily, in practice. Thank you.

make your own. using someone elses will never work.

make your own. using someone elses will never work.

Having painstakingly (sometimes agonisingly) built a mechanical system that trades the Dax over the last 4 years, I can absolutely promise you that it is posible to make money consistently using mechanical systems. In my case, an average so far of 3,000 pips per year.

It can be done - the best thing you can do is to work on designing your own system, and then back and forward test the **** out of it. Tell nobody how it works (keep it to yourself!) - just sit there, carry on treating it with the scientific detachment that it deserves, and watch the money slowlu, slowly accumulate.

Mechnical systems are a get rich slow system, but they DO work.

I do not think there is any one strategy that will work for you each and every day - mainly because no one setup appears each and every day.

You need to find multiple different strategies that work consistently, (otherwise called High Probability Setups) then apply the proper strategy when that particular setup appears.

For example, there's "first touch" strategy - when price hits an important level for the first time in days or minutes - whatever - - expectations are for a bounce off that level the first time price touches it........might only be a few ticks, might be 20 points, regardless, you won't be trading everyday if that's your only setup, which is why I say you need multiple strategies.

get a grip.

if any such 'system' did exist, do you think it would be given away for the price of a book?

how much do you think a turnkey system that produced consistent profits daily would actually be worth if you could buy it, given the amount of potential return it would generate?

try thinking.