Scam Merchants - Lets get rid of them??

jimbo57 said:
Despite your prostestations socco - you know he is rght, and you know the eveidence is here on these boards. Its just too b-loody boring to go dig it out

Beginners might try try the vsa/socco discussion thread - there are plenty more

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=17600
You cause me to collapse in a fit of giggles..

Do you know what dramatic irony is ?

Well then, you are in the middle of it and are prevented from doing anything about it...:cheesy:
A tad frustrating isn't it?

I might just feel benevolent and decide to help you, provided you behave...

Last edited:
SOCRATES said:
Isn't it dreadful to have to put up with badly brought up children ?

Let us discuss the consequences of pirated software.

On these boards I have frequently seen posts made in favour of freebies.

That is ok provided the freebies are real freebies.

No one can have anything against that.

But what is a pernicious nuisance is the question of pirated software.

In fact, it is a commercial crime committed against the rightful owners.

Many programs are very expensive to develop and frequently take a long time and additionally upgrades cost money, all of it can cost a lot of money.

Also it is not fair to the originators of the idea to have their work plaigarised.

There are several sites devoted to this disgusting activity which must rank in seriousness alongside hacking.

No one seems to accept the unfairness of pirating.

But pirating has consequences.

One of the consequences of pirating is that it causes developers not to release new kit on a commercial basis that would make it accessible to users that need it.

It causes trader-developers to keep their programs for themselves and not distribute.

Then the only ones to gain are the trader-developers and no one else.

In a fast developing technological arena this is a big problem which remains undiscussed because consumers are not aware of it.

Then consumers do not benefit from really advanced leading edge stuff they would otherwise have access to.

And that is my observation.

Addendum:~

The same applies to manuals, handbooks, reference books, number crunching tables, tapes, CDs and videos, by the way.
I could not agree more with your assertion that piracy is bad.

I'm a tad confused about something though. Earlier in the thread you posted the following.....

SOCRATES said:
Now, let us turn our attention to software, for example.

There is another can of worms for you.......

All you need is a very simple display showing price time and volume, that's all.

Yet nearly every software available does the opposite.......

.......overladen with all sorts of utter rubbish.

So if that is all you need, why this great and tragic loss to the trading community if new and improved and upgraded software is kept for the sole use of the trader/developer?

Seems a bit contradictory to state you need only the most basic of software but then claim piracy is bad for the reason that it will deprive one of newer and better software in the future.

Cheers,
PKFFW

PKFFW said:
I could not agree more with your assertion that piracy is bad.

I'm a tad confused about something though. Earlier in the thread you posted the following.....

So if that is all you need, why this great and tragic loss to the trading community if new and improved and upgraded software is kept for the sole use of the trader/developer?

Seems a bit contradictory to state you need only the most basic of software but then claim piracy is bad for the reason that it will deprive one of newer and better software in the future.

Cheers,
PKFFW
I see what you mean. It relates only to basic charting and not to other software used for other purposes not disclosed.

Now....in a few posts back I mention how it is that piracy is a criminal activity on a par with hacking.....and I remember a case of about 7 or 8 years ago in which two individuals, if I recall one of them was a chemist, were caught with thousands of pirated copies of Microsoft Windows programs, I cannot remember which version, with perfect packaging and perfectly replicated instructions, the lot. I seem to remember they each got 3 years. That is what is needed to stop the traffic in pirated software, really severe action, to put an end to this menace.

jimbo57 said:
I see the cleaners are out again in force on this thread, pretty soon it will be rendered completely unintelligible like many previously to those that may wish to view it later. Mind you there are many that might say that is no bad thing, the content is increasingly irrelevant on T2W, but the entertainment level rises inexorably or is that inexcrementably, and at least it keeps the clicks coming for the vendor in chief.

We seem to be going off topic again socco. This thread is not about piracy of software, though that may make a good start for another thread of your own, its about scamming. Whilst pirated software may well fall under this definition (at least as I defined it earlier), it is not about teachers mispresenting themselves or their content, which I am sure you agree is the nub of what we are talking about.. Perhaps your tactics in trying to move the goal posts are not disimilar to Zendas, although I concede practised in a far more sophisticated way (although I would expect that as you know from previous discourses)

I do know what 'dramatic irony' is by the way - we have of course had this b4 from you. BTW, are you still a nuclear submarine, fully armed? Supecillious, you? No!
What I say is never irrelevant, Jimbo. It is very relevant. And I am extremly careful as to how statements are crafted. That is why some members accuse me of being a wordsmith, as they read the words but do not understand the meaning.I am very far from being supercillious. But Zenda in another thread has chosen to call me a supercillious plonker. And therefore I am obligated to show him he is wrong to engage me by being disrespectful and rude, because anyone who tries gets more than they bargain for, as you know very well yourself, and some get further educated and are shown the facts of life, if their conduct merits it.

Now are you saying that passing on pirated software is not relevant to scamming, or are you yourself in favour of feebies, "naughty freebies" at the expense of the rightful owner of the material, whatever that material might be ? Do you think it should be ignored in discussion and buried in another thread ? I am not moving any goalposts. I do not need to move anything, I have a fierce right foot as you know and I kick the ball dead straight. The ball always lands where it is intended to land.

you do, from time to time, make some valid points. However, they would be more effective if they were not buried in so much pomposity

Pippppin said:
you do, from time to time, make some valid points. However, they would be more effective if they were not buried in so much pomposity
Pippin., please...read it all carefully and you will eventually grab it.

SOCRATES said:
And therefore I am obligated to show him he is wrong to engage me by being disrespectful and rude, because anyone who tries gets more than they bargain for, as you know very well yourself,

Soc,

Do you really believe that the recipients of your "anger" actually consider it anything other than amusing?

Believe it or not, you really aren't a nuclear submarine :LOL:

Wibble.

UTB

the blades said:
Soc,

Do you really believe that the recipients of your "anger" actually consider it anything other than amusing?

Believe it or not, you really aren't a nuclear submarine :LOL:

Wibble.

UTB
I am not angry. I am never angry. Emotion is a luxury no trader can afford to have.I just have a lot of fun with this from a calm and controlled viewpoint. It may serve to make some people angry, but I assure you I am not one of them .:LOL: And how is your football team getting on btw ?

SOCRATES said:
And how is your football team getting on btw ?

thanks for asking - it's about the same as my trading - it feels slightly out of it's depth but its head is still above the water :LOL:

Cheers,
UTB

jimbo57 said:
Well you seem to be contradicting yrself here. So what Zenda called you supercillious in another thread, some time ago? Defend it there and then, not here. Piracy is a criminal offence period the end, but this thread was really about the quality and veracity of 'teaching trading' , not piracy, and pirated software has nothing to do with this - I thought I explained this to you in the previous post, but clearly was either too subtle for you, or you missed the point entirely. Again you try to drag a thread around to your own narrow and oft-repeated viewpoints.

As for your veiled threats. I assure you I still have two nuts in full working order, and indeed to use your banter, 'I have a fierce right foot as you know ' and 'you know very well yourself', 'The ball always lands where it is intended to land'.

Pirated software, or indeed most software outside AI or quasi AI applications is incapable of thought in even the most rudimentary sense. The scammers that Zenda was hoping to expose, and indeed any 'teacher' , is capable of thought. Indeed it is the application of their thoughts (good or bad) that leads them to do what they do. So if you want to talk about the rights and wrongs of pirated sioftware, a subject clearly dear to yr heart, then do it elesewhere. Here, we are talking about the merits of scammers in the trading education arena.
What are you pontificating about now, Jimbo ?

How can scammers have merit ?

Scammers give the public what the public chooses because the public is entitled to have what it ultimately wants, instead of what the public needs, which is really hard work on the topic and on themselves, in order for them to properly progress.

When the public chooses what it wants and not what it needs then the public discovers that what it wanted was not what it needed after all.

I must concede that scammers have merit of a sort, which is to entice unsuitable people to an arena in which they are not fit to participate and to provide liquidity by their presence, which, at a cynical professional level is welcome always, since illiquid markets are strictly speaking not tradeable.

the blades said:
thanks for asking - it's about the same as my trading - it feels slightly out of it's depth but its head is still above the water :LOL:

Cheers,
UTB
Good Stuff ! :cheesy:

jimbo57 said:
Now you are just repeating yourself socco, and again losing the plot!

I didnt say 'scammers have merit'. I was merely pointing out that you are trying, again, to drag a thread way from its subject, to re-locate it within your own narrow terms of reference, and again make the object of the thread the subject! Now go think about that one, take your medication, and come back to me with a more considered response please!
So why refer in your last line to "the merits of scammers in the trading arena" eh ?

What you probably mean is the demerits and not the merits. Dear Oh Dear !

jimbo57 said:
you are getting patronising again, and you know what happens when you do that!

Merit, for the sake of the argument can assume a positive or negative value, use demerit if you like and if it makes you feel more comfortable.

socco, I know its probably too late for you to change, but try and embrace the argument and not the pedantry of your own position
Please yourself. I am busy for the rest of the day.

SOCRATES said:
Please yourself. I am busy for the rest of the day.

Yes Socrates will be busy for a while, studying this diagram that I have prepared for him :

Attachments

• father ted.gif
    father ted.gif
    19.7 KB · Views: 175