S&P 500 weekly competition for 2012

So a mixed week with the S&P not exploding all over the place on triple-witching Friday but instead loitering in a tiny range to finish at 1460.15, slightly down on the week.

1) wackypete2
2) hwsteele
3) samspade79

Well done lads for being contrarian :clover:

Leaderboard - interesting that striking out by the top 4 this week means that we have a winner for Q3. ibetyou can't guess who it is [walks away in shame at terrible pun]. Oddly had dpinpon posted a down this week instead of not participating, it could have been very, very different.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnFF2Rblu36wdGRNQjNXTzVjdldJb2dXdjRVTGs5VVE#gid=0

Attachments

• SPWeekly20120921.png
    SPWeekly20120921.png
    120 KB · Views: 222
Annual Results so far...

Well done to ibetyou for winning Q3.

I thought it would be interesting to see the annual tally so far with one quarter to go, so I went back through the thread and put the Q1, Q2 and Q3 results into a spreadsheet and have attached, although remember there's still one more week of Q3 to go as well.

Attachments

• SP500-Weekly-Comp-Annual.png
    SP500-Weekly-Comp-Annual.png
    30.1 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
Re: Annual Results so far...

I thought it would be interesting to see the annual tally so far with one quarter to go, so I went back through the thread and put the Q1, Q2 and Q3 results into a spreadsheet and have attached, although remember there's still one more week of Q3 to go as well.

dpinpon is having a good year - well done.

My 2 year run is almost over it seems.

Next week I intend to have a bets on :-
a weekly tf
daily tf and
5 minute tf

to see how they compare.

Re: Annual Results so far...

Columns AB and BC in the results sheet have Q1 and Q2 totals - if you unhide the columns you can see them :)

We are close - I remember this from last year and the year before - there's not a fag paper really for those that regularly participate.

This is all so very interesting!
Glad to see that I'm in the top ten at least!
Lats see how well I do when the market starts a big move down:cool:
Most likely start guessing to the high side:rolleyes:

So my guess for the last Friday of the quarter is...

Thankyou everyone for your kind words.i can go mad this week and thus have 1465 i just feel so bullish.
I hope the fundamentalists don't start pricing the market for a couple of weeks yet.
see you all next weekend with 4 more points in the bag i joke.

ps i think pats got it this week and sam the low.
thanks rob for your brilliant work and joke of the week,lol

I wonder if i will be as cocky next quarter or just full of bull,before pat says it.see ya

Thankyou everyone for your kind words.i can go mad this week and thus have 1465 i just feel so bullish.
I hope the fundamentalists don't start pricing the market for a couple of weeks yet.
see you all next weekend with 4 more points in the bag i joke.

ps i think pats got it this week and sam the low.
thanks rob for your brilliant work and joke of the week,lol

I wonder if i will be as cocky next quarter or just full of bull,before pat says it.see ya

Well done ibetyou and everybody else who participates and doesn't come last.

I was thinking on a 50/50 basis up or down guessing it out of lets say 13 weeks is likely to get everyone 7 points (approx.) on average.

So anyone around average 8 is reasonable and expected.

Anything below is bad. Anything above 16 is exceptional imo Just my views. No disrespect on baddies. Look who's last... :cheesy:

This quarter has been very enlightening for me.

I think this is one of the best threads on T2W and well done once again to all.

1442 for me please Rob...

Last edited:
Congrats to the winners. I'm happy enough with my 8 points this Q since it's the average as Atilla says. :cheesy:

I'ma go with 1450 this week. Big move previous week + B/E this week = rolling over to me.

The Dollar index, Commodities, 10 and 30 year Treasuries and Small caps all got caught up in support/resistance levels last week and caused stocks to take a breather as well. The rebounds in the Treasuries and the Dollar index were all on lower volume though and so I don't think their support levels will hold personally, but there's no way of knowing when they will break down, so we could see some further consolidation before anything happens as most of the economic data releases are later in the week.

We'll probably just get another week of consolidation, but I'm feeling bullish so I'm going to go for a break out by the end of the week with a close at a new high.

1476 please Rob

Attachments

• Major_Charts_Weekly_21_9_12.png
    Major_Charts_Weekly_21_9_12.png
    107.8 KB · Views: 241
Well done ibetyou and everybody else who participates and doesn't come last.

I was thinking on a 50/50 basis up or down guessing it out of lets say 13 weeks is likely to get everyone 7 points (approx.) on average.

So anyone around average 8 is reasonable and expected.

Anything below is bad. Anything above 16 is exceptional imo Just my views. No disrespect on baddies. Look who's last... :cheesy:

This quarter has been very enlightening for me.

I think this is one of the best threads on T2W and well done once again to all.

1442 for me please Rob...

Just having one of those bad patches I guess and soon to bounce back.