S&P 500 weekly competition for 2012

Isee that I'm in good company. One of the averages is right next to my number! I smell a winner!

I do hope all you guys recognise my 'outstanding' contribution to the averages :cheesy:

Last edited:

Attachments

• SPWeekly20120803.png
    SPWeekly20120803.png
    116 KB · Views: 267
0.02 difference with Atilla's pick. Doh! Oh well, at least it's some more points.

I seriously thought the longs were done for with yesterday's 20 pt drop. Just goes to show anything can happen.

Congrats to the winners and to wt average for beating us all!

Congrats to the winners!
It seems the only day counts is Friday. If the last 4 weeks ended on a thursday I'd be at or near the top! I blame it on the parrot :)

When you have 20 point drop one day and 20 point rise the next day that means the big players are just as clueless as your average punter. They have no better idea than the rest of us where the market is going or why.

Peter

I am going with 1384 this week.

The big boys are so busy beating each other up there is room for the little guy imho.

That weighted average has really done well recently.

I think a retest of the April high is coming soon; maybe this week even. Also, one of my relative strength pairs charts (SPY/TLT) that I like to look at for determining the major trend turned positive again last week for the first time since it went negative in May (the column of Os that starts with the 5, for those who can't read a P&F chart). So it's indicating to go long equities and short 30 year treasuries. Anyway, I find it a good tool as well as the breadth charts to help decipher the overall trend of the market. It has the occasional whipsaw like everything does, but nothing's perfect.

So 1407 for me this week please robster

attachment.php

Attachments

• SharpChartv05-5.png
    SharpChartv05-5.png
    41.7 KB · Views: 390
I look into the crystal ball and see.....................

Attachments

• S&P 500.PNG
    S&P 500.PNG
    146.8 KB · Views: 160
I'm Guessing a nice round 1350 for this Friday.
Congrats to the winners as always.

Guys, im on my way out to Miami Fl, actually lodging tonight in Belle Hotel down in Baton Rouge Luissiana
where I find myself posting up, so I ll get my next two calls for the next two weeks out of the very thin air. Market may levitate a bit more to 1408.