S&P 500 weekly competition for 2012

W/E 30th March & Q1 '12 - Results

So once again the S&P defies the bears even with 3 days worth of selling off to close at 1408.47. So this week's 1-2-3 are:

1) robster970 - 1410 (1.53)
2) bodavula - 1413 (4.53)
3) Atilla - 1400 (-8.47)

So well done to, err, me, bodavula and Atilla for defying the herd with our 'Up' calls and being paid handsomely for it.

Now then, it is the end of Q1 today and with 6 people in the running for the win, it was too close to call but congratulations goes to , err, myself for the win, just pipping bodavula and isatrader into second and third respectively.

Seriously Pat, what is it with this comp? You do the admin and then you end up winning. This is crazy.:-0:whistle:lol::p

Full results here

Attachments

• SPWeekly20120330.png
    SPWeekly20120330.png
    118.5 KB · Views: 178
Re: W/E 30th March & Q1 '12 - Results

So once again the S&P defies the bears even with 3 days worth of selling off to close at 1408.47. So this week's 1-2-3 are:

1) robster970 - 1410 (1.53)
2) bodavula - 1413 (4.53)
3) Atilla - 1400 (-8.47)

So well done to, err, me, bodavula and Atilla for defying the herd with our 'Up' calls and being paid handsomely for it.

Now then, it is the end of Q1 today and with 6 people in the running for the win, it was too close to call but congratulations goes to , err, myself for the win, just pipping bodavula and isatrader into second and third respectively.

Seriously Pat, what is it with this comp? You do the admin and then you end up winning. This is crazy.:-0:whistle:lol::p

Full results here

Well done Robster :clap::clap::clap:

I don't know about a broken watch being correct twice a day or not - but I'm going to have to start calling you Mr Rolex (y)

Re: W/E 30th March & Q1 '12 - Results

QUOTE]

Perks of the job maybe. Congrats winning Rob.
Getcha next quarter tho !!

Thanks for the running the competition. And pat for doing it prior to you.

I think we're about to enter a severe bear market and in Q2 I expect to see 4 red days.

I wonder if anyone uses IG Index ?

Their autochartist program looks good or is it ?

anyone ?????

I wonder if anyone uses IG Index ?

Their autochartist program looks good or is it ?

anyone ?????

IGIndex - the best in the industry imho.

Do you mean their best fit S/R lines? You getting lazy? :cheesy:

Anyhow their advanced charting package is free if you make 2 soon to be 4 trades a month. Otherwise £4 p/m.

IGIndex - the best in the industry imho.

Do you mean their best fit S/R lines? You getting lazy? :cheesy:

Anyhow their advanced charting package is free if you make 2 soon to be 4 trades a month. Otherwise £4 p/m.

Er don't think so. You may not have noticed this feature. See the snip

Attachments

• Autochartist.PNG
    Autochartist.PNG
    152.2 KB · Views: 196
Congratulations Robster for leading us in Q1. Also thanks for all your admin work in posting the thread. :clap:

Er don't think so. You may not have noticed this feature. See the snip

Oh right now I see what you mean. Don't use them or the alerts. But I suppose it may be a useful feature. Pretty much a creature of habit myself and perhaps I need to get a new dog... ;)

Congratulations Robster for leading us in Q1. Also thanks for all your admin work in posting the thread. :clap:

Another 3-4 points up and it could have been the other way around with me congratulating you for winning - it was that close. Personally I think everybody in the top 6 did well, there wasn't much in it.

Another 3-4 points up and it could have been the other way around with me congratulating you for winning - it was that close. Personally I think everybody in the top 6 did well, there wasn't much in it.

As they used to say in the pre-war Olympics - everyone competing and enjoying themselves is what matters

Well done Robster. It was well deserved.

I just couldn't get a handle on the direction the last month. The market looked toppy which is why I closed out all my stock positions on 12th March and it still does. But it could still go higher just the same, as if this was easy we'd all be making fortunes. I also broke with my plan for the competition which was to stay with the trend until there was at least 2 down weeks and tried to anticipate it instead, which was my downfall in the end as I would have at least got 2 more points for the direction.

Anyway, there's still the next quarter and the annual points title to go for. So am going to try and stick to the plan and go with the trend even though it looks increasingly toppy.

So 1412 please Rob