S&P 500 weekly competition for 2012

My first shot 1392 please.

It goes up and clears last weeks high, then as it has a good look around at the 1420’s it chickens out and gradually falls back below 1400 and finally by the end of the week it closes at 1392 on the button.:)

If you are wondering where I got this info I got it from la la land which is where I think the S&P resides at the moment. lol

Welcome to the comp dick :):clover:

I trust all numbers posted up this week are increases in the index and not actually the closing figure ?

W/E 23rd March - Results

What a week. Those that converted their bearish 'top' view from the last few weeks were punished. Those who held their bearish view weren't rewarded either. Basically it traded a bit sideways all week with a close at 1397.11.

So this weeks 1/2/3 are:

1) Average - 1401.9 (4.79)
2) Dick Lexic - 1392 (-5.11)
3) Gaffs1964 - 1385 (-12.11)

I think this is the first time the average has featured this quarter so well done to all of us for being the average. Well done to Dick and Gaffs too. (y)

Now, as for the leaderboard, we are into the final week of Q1 and the only change in the top 6 is that I got a directional point, meaning that I am now joint top with isatrader and the wt average. However anybody in the top 6 can win just on next week's call.

So folks what will it be - is this just a pull-back before continuing the trend or is it something a little more sinister?

Link to full results sheet

Attachments

• SPWeekly20120323.png
    SPWeekly20120323.png
    132.5 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Funny how Robster is right at the top of the leaderboard now that he's keeping the weekly stats. :p
eh, just an observation. I don't mean anything by it! :whistling

Peter

Funny how Robster is right at the top of the leaderboard now that he's keeping the weekly stats. :p
eh, just an observation. I don't mean anything by it! :whistling

Peter

Thought there was a hidden motive somewhere :LOL:

Hope dpinpon survived the earthquake OK

Last edited:
this may be the beginnings of a long expected downturn. - 1393

Attachments

• S&P 500.PNG
    S&P 500.PNG
    94 KB · Views: 194
Not to be a sourpuss, but shouldn't I be in third place with a difference of 8.xx? Or do you need to get direction right for it to count?

Also, Dick should have gotten a point for direction, but didn't.

Geez. And people wonder why the young take over everyone's jobs. :p

Not to be a sourpuss, but shouldn't I be in third place with a difference of 8.xx? Or do you need to get direction right for it to count?

Also, Dick should have gotten a point for direction, but didn't.

Geez. And people wonder why the young take over everyone's jobs. :p

You don't get a point because your direction was wrong.

Dick got his point - I added it after I took the screenshot - check the link

As for age, well, I think you and I both know you may be quicker but I would have you for breakfast any day without breaking into a sweat.

:p:p:cool::LOL:

:eek:fftopic::eek:fftopic::eek:fftopic:

We all know two cockerels don't belong in any hen yard - but one farmer was determined to increase production in his chicken farm.

The old cockerel said to the young cockerel, look here young fella... you are young and bright, fast and strong. Just give me couple of hens and I'll keep my self entertained in the corner. You rule the rest as you like.

Young cockerel wasn't sure how to respond but didn't know why he should lose two hens???

Old cockerel saw the glint of doubt in the young one's eye and responded, in that case let's have a race. See who can make 10 laps round the yard and show these hens who's got the stamina and pace. Because you are so young and strong, very spritely how about you give 4 yards head start.

Young cockerel agreed out of desire to impress the hens and the race started. The old cockerel running at bursting capacity of his lungs, ****-a-doodle-dood all round the yard. The young cockerel catching up rapidly when suddenly a big sound burst the air - BANG !

The old farmer stood next to his wife with a shot-gun scratching his head saying - very strange, that's the second cockerel that turned out to be gay :cheesy:

Last edited:
Har har. Yeah, ok, ya got me there. :p

-----

Well, no idea where it's going this week so I'll wait and see a bit before deciding. Maybe let the others get a head start first.

Oh wait... :LOL:

The short term market breadth chart I follow (Percent of stocks above their 50 day moving average) gave a sell signal by breaking a double bottom on the column of Os and moving below the 70% level. The 30 year treasuries bounced at the Stage 3 lower support level and looks like it could retest the 140 breakdown level, which would also pressure stocks this week due to their largely inverse relationship.

There's a few other signs as well, so I'm going to go with a continuation of the correction move for another week.

1374 please rob

Attachments

• US_30yr_Treasuries_23_3_12.png
    US_30yr_Treasuries_23_3_12.png
    120.4 KB · Views: 169
  • NYA50R_23-3-12.png
    NYA50R_23-3-12.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Just so you know guys, I'm tied up with some stuff tomorrow so I'll update the spreadsheet tomorrow night or Tuesday morning with the calls.

Whilst we're at it 1377 again for me.

Have now change mind to 1410.

Last edited: