8:30am USD Core PCE Price Index m/m 0.2% 0.2%
8:30am USD Personal Spending m/m 0.3% 0.3%
8:30am USD Personal Income m/m 0.4% 0.4%
9:00am USD Final Manufacturing PMI 53.9
10:00am USD ISM Manufacturing PMI 54.0 54.8
10:00am USD Construction Spending m/m 0.4% 0.1%
10:00am USD ISM Manufacturing Prices 57.1 61.0
All Day USD Total Vehicle Sales 14.4M 14.4M

I dont know. I could just see it had opened in range with a viable gap close below and it was very obviously failing to make any headway up. So it was going to go down. It just looked like a very obvious trade.

Brave indeed to not even know when the news is out? Where's the "big balls" smilay.

On PMI days, I stay out until 9:45, if there's something obvious setting up, then I might get in and see if I can get 6-8 ticks in the trade to give me leeway.

If I'm only a point or so up prior to the announcement, I close out.

Has to be said though - the gap closed prior to the news - good trade, sir!

Brave indeed to not even know when the news is out? Where's the "big balls" smilay.

On PMI days, I stay out until 9:45, if there's something obvious setting up, then I might get in and see if I can get 6-8 ticks in the trade to give me leeway.

If I'm only a point or so up prior to the announcement, I close out.

Has to be said though - the gap closed prior to the news - good trade, sir!

Or reckless :)

It was a theoretical trade - I didn't take it btw pedro.

IME set-ups into news usually consist of:

a) trade sideways with a clear 2-way auction process, usually having traded sideways prior to RTH open.

b) Push towards an area of known liquidity to be timed with the news release.

Attachments

• clever.PNG
    clever.PNG
    225.3 KB · Views: 150
Or reckless :)

It was a theoretical trade - I didn't take it btw pedro.

IME set-ups into news usually consist of:

a) trade sideways with a clear 2-way auction process, usually having traded sideways prior to RTH open.

b) Push towards an area of known liquidity to be timed with the news release.

AAAAH - I thought it was a bit of a departure from your normal style...

Profiles.png

This is where I am right now.

If you see the red boxes, my presumption yesterday was that we'd balance in that range again.

As it happened, we moved down after the PMI and I'm now leaning toward us finding balance in the larger red box. This makes any of those levels below 1299.40 potential points to which we'd reverse back up to the 1330 area. Obviously that is unlikely to happen in a day...

So I still see us in balance, basically.

Had I been trading yesterday, I would have taken it because it was fading the opening swing which failed to make much headway. This is a normal set-up for me.

oooh, oooh, oooh - my 3000th post. I am now officially a loosing tarder.

Incidentally, there isn't much liquidity below 1300 - I wouldn't be surprised if the low at 87 set on 21st May came under pressure today and I also wouldn't be surprised if it didn't hold. I think NFP is setting up to punch through this.

Dollar Index is cranking up again - it's definitely risk off right now.

Hi Pat, nice to see your thread going well, you and Robster seem made for each other!..

My View of todays CAC, trade opportunities highlighted with the arrow.

Attachments

• cac friday.jpg
    cac friday.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 158
Interesting day today.

3 Trades and 3 Missed Trades - trades where I saw the entry but hesitated and it ran away without me. Actually, I'm not sure if I hesitated or it's just a bit more 'whippy'

It 'feels' volatile today but the range isn't very large.

Anyway - 2 winners, 1 loser. I'm off to bed. Not really liking the action at all.

Have a good weekend.

Interesting day today.

3 Trades and 3 Missed Trades - trades where I saw the entry but hesitated and it ran away without me. Actually, I'm not sure if I hesitated or it's just a bit more 'whippy'

It 'feels' volatile today but the range isn't very large.

Anyway - 2 winners, 1 loser. I'm off to bed. Not really liking the action at all.

Have a good weekend.

That was my experience today. It was moving up and down rather quickly and jerkily(?) but in a small range for the first 1/2 hour.

Peter

I've been struggling with NNs. And they are not really good enough.

The black line is the favoured move and I'm in

Attachments

• S&P 500.PNG
    S&P 500.PNG
    107.3 KB · Views: 146
1 trade and 1 missed trade for me. I faded the news spike at 10am and caught 9 ticks. Then there was a decent setup on the D+S that wouldve been good for another 4-6 ticks but i hesitated as well. I'm thinking of starting to record my screen during the day and then can review later on and get second opinions :)

1 trade and 1 missed trade for me. I faded the news spike at 10am and caught 9 ticks. Then there was a decent setup on the D+S that wouldve been good for another 4-6 ticks but i hesitated as well. I'm thinking of starting to record my screen during the day and then can review later on and get second opinions :)

Good idea. What TF do you trade off ?

I've been struggling with NNs. And they are not really good enough.

The black line is the favoured move and I'm in

This is a risky one because of the trend lines direction. Just hope they have bottomed out.

It is in profit after deducting the spread now so fingers crossed.

This is a risky one because of the trend lines direction. Just hope they have bottomed out.

It is in profit after deducting the spread now so fingers crossed.

Took profit.
So often it can melt away

1m and 5m, but I'm gonna start looking for the bigger moves too. Will need to go over rob's posts in this thread :)

He has his own systems which I don't really understand but they seems to work for him.