S&P 500 & other indexes - intraday. Plus chat

Bank pumps further £50bn into economy through QE

We're tinkering around the edges whilst the place collapses around our ears. We have lived beyond our means for decades. We have debauched our human and cultural capital for decades, in many cases quite deliberately.

In the end, things have to make sense. Lunacy can go on for a very long time, but one day it comes to an end. We simply do not make sense as a nation any more.

There is simply a reckoning to be had, and it is fast approaching.

I agree with everything but the 'fast' part.

It's been fast approaching since the late 90's - but the tipping point always seems just around the corner....

The current crisis is imho really exposing the weakness of capitalism and democracy. The politicians have to please the voters or they don't get elected. The economies around the world just can't afford all the hand-outs and waste.

Greece is the first domino to fall. The rest are on the same slippery slope imho.

The current crisis is imho really exposing the weakness of capitalism and democracy. The politicians have to please the voters or they don't get elected. The economies around the world just can't afford all the hand-outs and waste.

Greece is the first domino to fall. The rest are on the same slippery slope imho.

I suppose democracy without a strong national culture or animating principle simply turns in the end into a massive bribe-fest, with people voting for whoever promises them the most, all on the never-never of course.

We have the ludicrous spectacle in the UK of people protesting that the non-existent cuts are immoral. And I suppose it is perfectly moral to go on spending beyond our means and sticking the tab to generations as yet unborn.

We ridiculously call it 'austerity' - as though there is anything 'austere' in living as far beyond our means as we do.

The greatest lie of all of course concerns 'cuts' - there are none, for there is only one that has any significance. That is overall spending, and that is rising.

The greatest lie of all of course concerns 'cuts' - there are none, for there is only one that has any significance. That is overall spending, and that is rising.

They are cutting the army yet again. As if it's their fault !

Soon they will have to call up the Boy Scouts !

Put Brown in THE TOWER is a better option imho.

Selling the pivot at 1352.9 could be a good tarde but it may not get there.

Don't like selling below the pivot as so many times it trades at some point.

Attachments

• The wife.PNG
    The wife.PNG
    220.3 KB · Views: 152
They are cutting the army yet again. As if it's their fault !

That too is a scandal. This and the previous Government should be ashamed at the way they have treated our armed forces.

Actually, quite a few people should have been put on trial over it.

Fund raising in the States

$50,000 for a meal at the Kochs ?

beats the hell outa my bag of crisps.

9:35 – 1348 looked a nice long. Pullback 6 ticks, +ve delta but coming into ONH & downward auction bias. After last weeks action.

9:39 – biased short, seems to have failed to get up to ONH, looking to capitalize on a larger move down. Buyers faded away up here & then sellers started to jump in.

lol @ having to manage the trade whilst trying to screen grab & post.

Someone needs to write a 'trade forum logger app'...

7-9-20129-39-50AM.png

7-9-20129-41-36AM.png

Stop was originally up out of the way 'cause I didn't want to get taken out on a quick spike up. Now down to last contract & looking for 1341.

Obviously - I'm thinking that scenario 2 from my pre-market analysis is playing out here but mindful that buyers could jump in at the low 40's to continue the small range we made last week....

A few things I didn't like....

7-9-20129-54-40AM.png

This is after the exit. I got out as it was making that 25k, -8 down move. When I got out, I didn't know it was 25k vol. What I didn't like was...

we started the move with 19 ticks & 54k. Then a pullback of 9 ticks with 11k. The next move down 9 ticks with 19k and a move up 6 ticks with 13k. It looked like it was becoming 2 sided. The DOM was also showing it was having trouble poking down.

Then of course, after I exited it put in the -8, 25k move which might well have kept me in after all. The delta started to move up pretty aggressively after I got out, so even if I'd waited a bit more, I'd probably have got out @ that point.

And downwards it now goes. I'd make more money going for a bloody walk after entry...

btw - correction - my exit fill was 1343.75, not 50.

No more from me today. I'll carry on but not post all the trades, the latter trades will probably be scalps on the basis a range might be forming...

Rob, your command of the English language is second to fncking none....

Love teh "oh sh!t"..... lol

Do you speak out loud when you trade? I do - my wife often asks me who I'm talking to.... "myself silly!"

Slightly disappointed I didn't get the tag of 49 for the ride down. Still a little bit hesitant but just didn't trust the proximity of the NVPOC at 50 above, knowing that these things are usually punctured with some gusto when 'people' want to take them out.