S&P 500 & other indexes - intraday. Plus chat

I did promise DT I would take a look at his tape reconstruction stuff. So this afternoon I will be trading on SIM using some screens I already use for charts from x_study with the DOM/T&S and Jigsaw plugin on SIM.

Attachments

• x_trader_ninja_monster.png
    x_trader_ninja_monster.png
    752.3 KB · Views: 255
I did promise DT I would take a look at his tape reconstruction stuff. So this afternoon I will be trading on SIM using some screens I already use for charts from x_study with the DOM/T&S and Jigsaw plugin on SIM.

Kewl...

You got the Depth&Sales up & running too? That should be your main focus for the ES, then stick recon tape on to show trades of 50 or more to give you an idea whose throwing size where...

Right - finished for the day (on SIM). I'll PM you later Pedro.

Attachments

• x_trader_ninja_monster_2.png
    x_trader_ninja_monster_2.png
    788.8 KB · Views: 242
Best scalp I missed today....

Didn't quite make it to 1314, was a tick short & damn it went down so fast, I couldn't do anything but watch it.....

6-13-20129-31-43AM.png

Looks like a slide down to me

Low volume, stocks mixed - I think sideways till the 10am news - maybe that'll give it a jolt.

I'm barred from entering now - too close to the news.

Wonder what the wife is up to....

Watching the Jamie Dimon inquiry.
4 members on the comittee are on the JP Morgan payroll and the Chairman can barely read, so I guess he's not too worried !!

So, a bit more staring at Jigsaw stuff:

a) My eyes are automatically drawn into the activity of how many contracts are trading on either side of the inside market.

b) When there is a big disparity, you know price will move

c) You end up flicking between the inside market on the D&S window and looking at the ConsolidatedLargeTrades in the T&S.

Attachments

• Jigsaw_1.png
    Jigsaw_1.png
    486.1 KB · Views: 157
Yup - just a hint - set the 'Snapshot Filter" to 100 (for ES)

Once you do that, you start to see the important pulling/stacking & not all of it.

As per pre-market analysis, expecting a reversal @ 1320.50 - got to 1320.75 and I got short @ 1320.

Got T1 already, now to see if it manages to bring in more sellers.

6-13-201210-46-27AM.png

Got 1316 on the last bit. I'm done on the ES now. Will have a tickle on corn & then go to bed.

Exit mostly because that was a good down move - 20 ticks with no retrace. I only had 1 bullet left & we were coming into an area where a lot of trading has taken place... - 38k contracts @ 1314.25, 34k @ 1315.50. Probably shoot through now I'm out.

This has been a nerve-wracking day. Not because of trading but because of putting the trades here.

This has been a nerve-wracking day. Not because of trading but because of putting the trades here.

lol, it's funny how posting your trades makes you more nervous that the act of actually placing the trade and risking your money.

I've been posting my trades live in realtime in the fx live call thread for the last 2 days, and I had the same emotions.