S&P 500 & other indexes - intraday. Plus chat

At the beach - it's nearly the end of the kids holiday and I fncked up my left rotator cuff on Monday somehow & I can barely move my arm today.

All in all a good excuse to go relax @ the beach. So no research, no trading for the rest of the week.

Good luck.

Looks like the coalition may soon break up.

Dipstick can't reform the Lords and would be most unpopular with the boundary changes. If he can't even see that then ....oh well.

He would have been better off staying outside the main parties and voting for what suits LibDems. That way he may have picked up more seats at the next election. He has to get his party bigger but he won't do that the way he is going.
Now, instead of gaining more seats, he is going to lose several, next time.

He would have been better off staying outside the main parties and voting for what suits LibDems. That way he may have picked up more seats at the next election. He has to get his party bigger but he won't do that the way he is going.
Now, instead of gaining more seats, he is going to lose several, next time.

Now that's the point. The old conundrum of whether to do what you think you should and probably lose the election OR swallow one's principles and get the votes in, painful as that may be.

Merkel is in a very tight spot like this at the moment.

Now that's the point. The old conundrum of whether to do what you think you should and probably lose the election OR swallow one's principles and get the votes in, painful as that may be.

Merkel is in a very tight spot like this at the moment.

Do you think that he will get more votes by swallowing his principles? I think that he has painted himself into a corner, after two years in government. Forming a coalition was, absolutely, the wrong move to make because his voters would be happier with a third party making a nuisance of itself with the two major ones.

I'm covering here at 1397.5 for +7.5 handles.

I tihnk there's lower to go, but I gotta go to work and don't wanna risk giving it all back and not a fan of trailing stops.
If I was at home I'd try to 'manage it', but i'm taking profits here.

+7.5

We did go a little lower, but the exit was actually fairly good.

I now have another sell signal, although the charts look bullish so I have some reservations.
So, i'm going in half size short here at 1401.5
emergency stop in at 1409 for now

Thurs 9th Aug

12:50am JPY Core Machinery Orders m/m 5.6% 11.1% -14.8%
12:50am JPY M2 Money Stock y/y 2.2% 2.3% 2.2%
2:30am AUD Employment Change 14.0K 10.2K -28.3K
2:30am AUD Unemployment Rate 5.2% 5.3% 5.3%
2:30am CNY CPI y/y 1.8% 1.7% 2.2%
2:30am CNY PPI y/y -2.9% -2.5% -2.1%
4:19am JPY Monetary Policy Statement
4:19am JPY Overnight Call Rate <0.10% <0.10% <0.10%
5:00am NZD REINZ HPI m/m -0.7% 0.3%
6:00am JPY Household Confidence 39.7 40.8 40.4
6:30am CNY Fixed Asset Investment ytd/y 20.4% 20.5% 20.4%
6:30am CNY Industrial Production y/y 9.2% 9.8% 9.5%
6:30am CNY Retail Sales y/y 13.1% 13.6% 13.7%
7:02am JPY Prelim Machine Tool Orders y/y -6.8% -15.5%
8:39am JPY BOJ Press Conference
9:00am EUR ECB Monthly Bulletin
9:00am EUR Italian Trade Balance 2.52B 0.97B 1.01B
9:30am GBP Trade Balance -8.5B -8.4B
10:00am GBP CB Leading Index m/m -0.8%
1:15pm CAD Housing Starts 212K 223K
1:30pm CAD NHPI m/m 0.3% 0.3%
1:30pm CAD Trade Balance -0.9B -0.8B
1:30pm USD Trade Balance -47.4B -48.7B
1:30pm USD Unemployment Claims 371K 365K
3:00pm USD Wholesale Inventories m/m 0.3% 0.3%
3:30pm USD Natural Gas Storage 30B 28B
6:00pm USD 30-y Bond Auction 2.58|2.7

Off to work now :(
Profit target is set at 1392
stop moved down to 1407

This is an interesting place to put your exit. I can see technical traders will play a Support==>>Resistance and buy in at this level but I wouldn't be surprised if somebody gamed these buyers to add to a larger short position and then pushed through this level causing lots of longs to close.....

Anyone else find themselves sitting on the sidelines quite a bit recently?

These seem like good markets to get hurt in, but not much else.

Anyone else find themselves sitting on the sidelines quite a bit recently?

These seem like good markets to get hurt in, but not much else.

I'm sitting in an Irish pub right now. Does that count?

Two lovely Filipino lasses singing & a pint of decidedly un-Irish Leffe... hope I don't do anything dumb like trade when I get back to the hotel....

I'm sitting in an Irish pub right now. Does that count?

Two lovely Filipino lasses singing & a pint of decidedly un-Irish Leffe... hope I don't do anything dumb like trade when I get back to the hotel....

P1ss off. My holiday finished last week, and the way things have been, I should have stayed away.

P1ss off. My holiday finished last week, and the way things have been, I should have stayed away.

Why don't you pass the time by:

a) Engaging in vigorous onanism
b) Trying to come up with a brand new insult, like Kimo's "hollow sweatbag"
c) Learning to play a musical instrument
d) Try to describe your trading using the art of mime, putting it up on Youtube for us to judge where we will mark you on technical merit and artistic interpretation.

Why don't you pass the time by:

a) Engaging in vigorous onanism
b) Trying to come up with a brand new insult, like Kimo's "hollow sweatbag"
c) Learning to play a musical instrument
d) Try to describe your trading using the art of mime, putting it up on Youtube for us to judge where we will mark you on technical merit and artistic interpretation.

Genius :LOL:. I already employ one of those methods to pass the time actually. Bet you can't guess which one?

Europe shuts down until September. :idea:

Best to do little as much as possible until then then...

Jerk chickens gets me salivating :)