Richard Hill Forex Net Trap

Why are you on the NT forum, if you are doing the exact opposite of the strategy?

Nice avatar though!

Thanks,

no offence intended, I just like to keep abreast of what other people are thinking and what other strategies are saying.

Sorry, I'll keep my big zipper shut from now on and just lurk instead.

so it seems - descisions, descisions - go in at NT level or wait...:confused:

Still believe the overall direction is correct at the moment , but these early morning shake outs seem to be getting more regular - maybe defering entry is wise certainly worked for me yesterday.

Thanks,

no offence intended, I just like to keep abreast of what other people are thinking and what other strategies are saying.

Common, big Sang!
What's your rationale? Bounce off yesterday's 11:30 top?

Thanks,

no, no dont lurk, I was just asking a genuine question!
Did your short trigger btw? ><

After today I think I will implement NT 'insurance' NT-i (been ages since we had a variant)

Anyway, the insurance being (and this is really for people that can watch the screen)
If as today, the trades triggers, goes higher/lower etc and then retraces, I will enter a reverse trade around the opening level..

if it continues to move against you, the gains in the insurance trade will offset the losses of the original

if it bounces back up then simply close the 'insurance' trade for 0 pips and carry on with the original

yes, I hear whipsaw etc etc, but in reality this either goes for you or not, havent seen any instances when it goes up/down/up/down etc and besides I will /could just keep entering trades

yes needs to move 3 pips etc for the spread but even so thats better than -30

thoughts?

Bailed out at -7. It is doing something not according to plan.

for my sake I hope your wrong...back at -7 now...

BBB did you do the cheeky MINT?(y)

..dear me, up and down like a whores drawers, want to get off before I'm sick :sick:

Last edited:
my cable short hasn't triggered yet, but still think it will at some stage this morning,

reasons, eur and aud look decidedly dodgy this morning, some heavy ass resistance up there and I'm waiting now for the price to cross my sma which I'm confident it will, been above that sma for a long time now.

morning all.

I got a late start and placed trade at 5 pips above the 6.30 spike, which of course means at 15294 I am not in the market yet. A good thing looking at the candles.

So what should I do now ? Sit it out or drop my entry to just above the current candle. Or pull it all and go short? TIA

mish

After today I think I will implement NT 'insurance' NT-i (been ages since we had a variant)

Anyway, the insurance being (and this is really for people that can watch the screen)
If as today, the trades triggers, goes higher/lower etc and then retraces, I will enter a reverse trade around the opening level..

if it continues to move against you, the gains in the insurance trade will offset the losses of the original

if it bounces back up then simply close the 'insurance' trade for 0 pips and carry on with the original

yes, I hear whipsaw etc etc, but in reality this either goes for you or not, havent seen any instances when it goes up/down/up/down etc and besides I will /could just keep entering trades

thoughts?

I tried it once on a day just like today. The problem is that often the whip back up to place a sell around entry you fill the order close then it carrys on dragging to straight into a loss.

Then you have a choice. You set a SL incase it carrys on which will effect NT profit if counter trade SL gets taken out or wait and see if it drops.

What happend on that day was I got in and at first it started as a good counter then between 8am and 8.30 when I was driving it went NT way and the SL got taken out but not high enough for NT to bank, then NT dropped back again and only closed slightly up so it ended as a net loss where NT alone would have been a net profit.

I just accept days like today now. If unsure don't trade is a better option.

M

thoughts?

Greene who wrote this: http://www.amazon.com/Turning-Losing-Forex-Trades-Winners/dp/0470187697 does a similar thing, but his style is just against my nature.

I think I know why we've had 2 bad days in a row.

On tuesday evening I put all my paper work into a old satchel that I used ages ago when I first tried to trade. I was crap then and lost loads.

I did think I shouldn't use it again and it looks as though this bad luck has rubbed off on us all, do accept my apologies and be assured that I have now taken all my stuff out of the bag and put it on ebay, so please don't bid on a black leather satchel!!!