Richard Hill Forex Net Trap

I've seen this link before but ignored it, as I don't want to "buy" back testing software. Is the demo unrestricted or time limited or something?

M

The demo has limited historical data, i believe. Forextester has been fantastic for me for refining strategies over the 2 years I've been trading, and I now trade full time. Incidentally, I only started to look at NT as a friend who was new to forex asked me to test it for him to make sure it works. I can understand your reluctance to buy another product, but it's worked for me.

What are the rules for MNT/MINT? Have tried searching on here but can't find the origin of the phrase nor the 'rule's. Is it just NT with a smaller profit aim?

The demo has limited historical data, i believe. Forextester has been fantastic for me for refining strategies over the 2 years I've been trading, and I now trade full time. Incidentally, I only started to look at NT as a friend who was new to forex asked me to test it for him to make sure it works. I can understand your reluctance to buy another product, but it's worked for me.

I've downloaded it -

Free trial version has some limitations relative to full version:

•You can test no more than 1 month of historical data
•You can test uninterruptedly no more than 30 minutes (then you can play again)
•You can not save testing results, projects and templates

Worth looking into though for testing various strategies, might fork out on it with July's pips. :LOL:

Last edited:
A few questions for a fellow newbie....

So when it hits the top line we go short and when hits the bottom line we go long?

How do you plot this stuff live on IG index........ Is this possible?

Can we enter numbers into a calculator to create the S+R levels and how long does it take to set up?

Is this sort of analysis similar to the Camarilla equation and do you use previous days/hours/15 mins highs/lows etc?

Lurker, check these threads for some very good info:

Pinbars and confluence with other major pivot points: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-trading-chat/32991-potential-setups.html

Support and Resistance: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=86429

James16 (more pinbars): http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=2331

All of the above are long reads but clear and concise and basically very simple concepts that are easy to grasp. The pdf file on the second thread is well worth the download. You can't go wrong with James16 either.

What are the rules for MNT/MINT? Have tried searching on here but can't find the origin of the phrase nor the 'rule's. Is it just NT with a smaller profit aim?

MNT = Mini Net Trap = Same a NT but only 10 pip limit

MNT33S = Mini Net Trap 33 Sell Stop = Same as NT but only 10 pip limit with modified 33 stop on sell order to give full 30 pips of stop travel enjoyed on a buy order (I am also successfully applying this to NT in June along with PeterF1966, saved at least one -30 loss in June into a good profit and has only cost us 1 lot of extra 3 pips on a loss. Big gain)

MINT = Mini Instant Net Trap = Same as NT but you enter order to market dead on 6.30 lastest if order is confimed by NT trend (or before say @ 6.15 if you are up) 10 pip limit and 30 pip stop. As 99% of the time MINT enters 4-5 pips above NT or more the extra 33S is not needed.

INT = As above but Limit is 25 pips.

MNT / MNT33S = Mark120169

MINT = PeterF1966 / Denman (by accident)

INT = Goldfinger777

M

MNT = Mini Net Trap = Same a NT but only 10 pip limit

MNT33S = Mini Net Trap 33 Sell Stop = Same as NT but only 10 pip limit with modified 33 stop on sell order to give full 30 pips of stop travel enjoyed on a buy order (I am also successfully applying this to NT in June along with PeterF1966, saved at least one -30 loss in June into a good profit and has only cost us 1 lot of extra 3 pips on a loss. Big gain)

MINT = Mini Instant Net Trap = Same as NT but you enter order to market dead on 6.30 lastest if order is confimed by NT trend (or before say @ 6.15 if you are up) 10 pip limit and 30 pip stop. As 99% of the time MINT enters 4-5 pips above NT or more the extra 33S is not needed.

INT = As above but Limit is 25 pips.

MNT / MNT33S = Mark120169

MINT = PeterF1966 / Denman (by accident)

INT = Goldfinger777

M

Thanks for posting been wondering about these and haven't had the time to trawl through the entire thread looking for them.

Just quickly tested July-September 09 with 10 target, 20 stop, and it is profitable, but win rate is just 72% (needs to be at least 67% to break even) and profit factor is 1.25, so nothing to get excited about, and nothing yet to tempt me out of regular NT.

Hope you find this helpful.

W.

Ok from my Records going back to 17/5/10 MNT33S is now only running @ 75% when a trade was triggered becasue of the recent bad run for both NT & MNT.

24 Trades Wins x 18 loss x 6 Pips earned +35.5

Seems Pants but NT is running @ -91.5 pips for the same period. So MNT33S is +127 pips on NT.

MNT33s June only = +17.5

Again seems Pants but NT is running @ -68.5 pips for June. So MNT33S is +86 pips on NT in June 2010.

This is RH offical results and MNT33S is shadowed RH results and trade / no trade days for fairness.

Oh......and those that took the trade that wasn't last friday.........MNT33S also banked 10 pips not factored into the results above.

M

p.s and INT is better than both so far. Someone really should backtest INT for a few years.

G'day ladies, Sirs & Lurkers,

Just my humble opinion and observations if I may and particularly for the benefit of newbies!

I personally think that those still eligible for a refund for NT should claim it back asap! I can't remember who "invented" MNT off the top of my head but I would suggest "tipping" this guy out of your refund. How much? Well that's up to you but certainly NOT £247! I reckon around £50 would be a princely sum in gratitude for the MNT system in view of the amounts you are almost certainly going to lose with Vanilla NT! MNT is far more realistic and achievable although I’m still a little nervous with the 33s.

That was me. MNT33S has a much better recent track record than MNT. Remember you only use the 33 stop on sell orders to get the 30 pip stop travel enjoyed on a buy order.

No payment needed. My payment is the daily smiley face posts and PM's I get from guys on here now trading it in addition too or in place of NT.

The reason why is my first ever Forex trade was 17/5/10 via NT. And now i have developed something that is banking me and others good pips in tough times. And dont forget I invented MNT in the first week of June after two weeks for Forex trading.

Maybe if it pans out in the coming years somekind of forex inovation award of something will do :LOL:

Time will tell.

M

The beleif in it despite RR is my reward

p.s and INT is better than both so far. Someone really should backtest INT for a few years.

Yeah I would be VERY interested to see INT backtested. Its performance during June has been reassuring, since it's been such a volatile month. I would be VERY surprised if INT performs badly in months when vanilla NT performs well.

So hopefully:

Good month for NT = great month for INT.
Bad month for NT = good month for INT.

I'm certainly trading INT live everyday myself now, with the exception of NT no-trade days, and days when the MA spread is only 1, in which case I trade MINT.

Oh, and when NT is a no-trade day I trade MINT on EUR/USD. This has worked out well in June.

Personally I bagged over +200 points profit in June trading these methods.

Thanks for posting been wondering about these and haven't had the time to trawl through the entire thread looking for them.

You only have to go back to the beginning of June......................but that was about 1500 posts ago! oppps. We have taken over!

M

Yeah I would be VERY interested to see INT backtested. Its performance during June has been reassuring, since it's been such a volatile month. I would be VERY surprised if INT performs badly in months when vanilla NT performs well.

So hopefully:

Good month for NT = great month for INT.
Bad month for NT = good month for INT.

I'm certainly trading INT live everyday myself now, with the exception of NT no-trade days, and days when the MA spread is only 1, in which case I trade MINT.

Oh, and when NT is a no-trade day I trade MINT on EUR/USD. This has worked out well in June.

Personally I bagged over +200 points profit in June trading these methods.

Yes chum........and a first ever for INT today. So far back to 17/5/10 INT has done two things only on a trade. +25 pips or -30 pips. No deviation.

But today I abandoned NT and traded MINT + INT for a laugh. MINT banked and amazingly INT actually reached 8.30 and got closed for -7.5 pips. So a small profit today.

M