Richard Hill Forex Net Trap

Bailed out for +10 , got the the feeling We were in on the tail end of this move and getting close to support. To me the long shadows on recent candles are a sign of indesicion on relativley low volume - still another +ve result (but not of course by
the book). Good look to the bitter- enders. :cool:

Scrapped my long for -10. Taking too much time now. Looks like the chances are 50:50 either direction.

hmmm I'm wondering..

is anyone still following the rules? everyone seems to have their own little variant :)

hmmm I'm wondering..

is anyone still following the rules? everyone seems to have their own little variant :)

I do 2 trades, a mnt which I was late for today and normal NT, I'm trying to stick to the rules but when you watch the screen all the time its hard. Anyway sold at 42 so looking grim right now

I made S3 at about there as well, so bailed out for only +3. In for a buy now?:confused:
Keeping out. My gut tells me go north, my eyes are seeing too many bears now. My inner voice is saying keep your fingers out. And my body needs shower. Good luck to everyone.

I do 2 trades, a mnt which I was late for today and normal NT, I'm trying to stick to the rules but when you watch the screen all the time its hard. Anyway sold at 42 so looking grim right now

same here, although I'm using different stops (P -SAR) as I can watch the screen. doesnt help much but has limited the losses slightly

hmmm I'm wondering..

I think most realise that NT is not working in the current market conditions and there
does seem to be a loss of confidence in it.

The more I learn the more I doubt that such a simple system will be successful in the
long term, that said overall results particularly before June have been good.

I think most realise that NT is not working in the current market conditions and there

The more I learn the more I doubt that such a simple system will be successful in the

quite probably true...

if people are questioning it then I'd say stick with it but reduce your stake.. instead of 2/3% just bet 1%.. the name of the game is to preserve capital through the bad times and then when / if it hits a winning run, slowly increase back up to 3% or whatever..

its bound to have good and bad periods, nothings perfect. The fundamentals of it are still sound... market consolidates overnight and then goes somewhere in the morning. If our guesses of which way it will break (ie MA) isnt working then just reduce stakes until it gets its mojo back

Morning all. Depends what you mean by long term. Drawdowns inevitably happen with any system. This makes people despondant and many flit from system to system looking for the holy grail.

June and July have a long held reputation for being difficult , the old chestnut - 'Sell in
May and go away' wasn't coined without reason. In my veiw its definatley a time for
grabbing what you can when you can . IMHO at this time of year a bird in the hand , is most definatley the way to go. I still believe Net Trap to be sound and the results longer term are pretty good- however being good little 'Market Chameleons' (to quote Steve Nison ) We have to adapt to the conditions as We find them.

Another old chestnut 'The Market has the capacity to remain irrational long after your
sanity has left the room'.

:cool:

Morning all. Depends what you mean by long term. Drawdowns inevitably happen with any system. This makes people despondant and many flit from system to system looking for the holy grail.

Agreed
we just have to ride out the storm this month:|

Agreed
we just have to ride out the storm this month:|

Yes. If you are worried though, as has been said, reduce your % risk. In the meantime move on and explore the world of trading, learn new strategies and enjoy the journey. Use NT as part of your armoury, not your only weapon.

Can someone post what yesterday exit price was at 8:30 please (or did it touch a limit?). I had to exit early due to work commitments but I am updating my journal and would like to know what the real NT exit price was.

Funny thing just happened, I tried to close my position on ig for a loss of 12pips when it came back with 'price not available, tryagain' or words to that effect, so I closed again but this time for a loss of just 6pips!! Good to see ig work in my favour for once, lucky me!