Richard Hill Forex Net Trap

I think its a variation of NT - Instant Net Trap - where you dive straight in at market.

As I'm typing Trappers are probably working on -

SKINT

:whistling

:LOL: I think if these don't pan out and we lose our pots the vanilla net trappers will be happy with their 15 pips a week average and saying................remember theose "Skint" variation nutters trying to improve Net Trap who went bust.........twats!

:-0

M

Nope. You need to put you naming cap on again Goldfinger. MINT is Peter's tag for Denmans accidential MNT variation.

Denman last week entered a MNT (10 limit) trade at the market and banked very quickly rather than using the NT entry system, hence Peterf1966 named it MINT (Mini Instant Net Trap) once we had figured out what Denman did to bank so quickly.

M

Ah yes I remember now! You're right that's different from what I am suggesting, which is to run MNT plus INT as 2 separate trades on the same day.

Maybe I should just call it INT+MNT.

Will be interesting to run the results at the end of June to see which combination of NT variants gains the most profit.

Since you are risking 4% of your bank with TNT, with a potential loss of 60 points a day, you could run a dual INT system with the same 60 points risk every day, except that you would have made +474 points in the last 26 trading days.

Ooooooooo.........double scary with only one safety stop......the no trade day. INT is just as intriguing as the rest, and I am logging it live daily now, but even you the inventor doesn't have the courage to trade it every "trade" day no matter what.

Time will tell a story, but if it suddenly drags you into several losses that a NT entry varient would have avoided due to the safety stops you would have to think twice.

M

Ah yes I remember now! You're right that's different from what I am suggesting, which is to run MNT plus INT as 2 separate trades on the same day.

Maybe I should just call it INT+MNT.

Will be interesting to run the results at the end of June to see which combination of NT variants gains the most profit.

I am logging both daily so will do a "grand update" at the end of the month. So far one undisclosed NT varient I am logging is just ahead of INT (by 3 pips) but it is just as scary!

I like the idea of INT +MNT but for sure if I was to trial it it would be in 3-4 months once I had more INT data and could split my nice bigger TNT 60/60 compounded pot into initial stake and winnings, put the smaller onto INT+MNT as a trial and the larger continue on TNT60/60.

M

Last edited:
This is vanilla MNT with the standard 30 stop just for June. Unfortunately the two sell orders that stopped out in June have given vanilla MNT a -90 loss run offsetting the +110 pips wins to only +20 including today.

However, going back to when I started recording all data to the 17/5/10 the vanilla MNT is sitting @ + 59 pips.

But I still think it is now good practice to use at least a 33 sell stop (33S) . It seems "buy" orders catch MNT out far less than "Sell" orders. With the MNT 33S the figures are much better.

June TD MNT 33S +100 pips

17/5/10 to date MNT 33S +139 pips. (21 trades, 19 wins +190 pips , 2 losses -51 pips , net gain +139 pips, 91% bank rate to date).

I don't have the data to back test MNT33S to June 09. But it is safe to assume that on good vanilla NT months MNT33S will keep a high bank rate as if NT wins, MNT wins. It's more important to back test how MNT33S performs on poor NT months.

What I do find interesting is no one has come forward and admitted thay have back tested MNT / MNT33S and declared it a risky failure. Maybe some lurkers here have done such an exercise and seen fauvourable results so are keeping stum? :devilish:

M

Mark, not as a lurker but as a very nerdy girl (additionally intrigued by yours being post #2010!) I've decided to roll up my sleeves and look into your question.

Let me tell you upfront that I've not been trading this, and that it just seems to me that it would be more profitable to add the extra 2% you're willing to risk to standard NT.

OK, here are the answers (spread in my data is 2pips, so this is MNT32S):

2009 overall: +544
Months:
1 -64
2 108
3 -12
4 38
5 -1
6 80
7 138
8 68
9 38
10 36
11 28
12 87

2010 (up to end of March): + 138
Months:
1 46
2 58
3 34

Standard (I think this is vanilla?) NT:
2009 overall: +1677
2010 (up to end of March): +175

So actually, I stand corrected! Up to march this year, the two were pretty neck-to-neck. In 2009 however, if 2% would have allowed you to bet £5 per pip, risking 4% on std NT would have banked you £16,770, whilst combining NT and MNT 50-50 would have yielded only £11,105 (and even less on combinations giving more weight to MNT of course).

Barbara

PS I should add, the data I have might differ by some pips from the ones from IG etc; as i understand it, each broker or sb firm has its own (hopefully small) differences. NT and its combos are however very sensitive - at times we win or lose by just 1 pip, so this can make a difference for individual trades. Not on average though over such a long period I've looked at for you.

PPS I too would be interested in a private forum.

Last edited:
Mark, not as a lurker but as a very nerdy girl (additionally intrigued by yours being post #2010!) I've decided to roll up my sleeves and look into your question.

Let me tell you upfront that I've not been trading this, and that it just seems to me that it would be more profitable to add the extra 2% you're willing to risk to standard NT.

OK, here are the answers (spread in my data is 2pips, so this is MNT32S):

2009 overall: +544
Months:
1 -64
2 108
3 -12
4 38
5 -1
6 80
7 138
8 68
9 38
10 36
11 28
12 87

2010 (up to end of March): + 138
Months:
1 46
2 58
3 34

Standard (I think this is vanilla?) NT:
2009 overall: +1677
2010 (up to end of March): +175

So actually, I stand corrected! Up to march this year, the two were pretty neck-to-neck. In 2009 however, if 2% would have allowed you to bet £5 per pip, risking 4% on std NT would have banked you £16,770, whilst combining NT and MNT 50-50 would have yielded only £11,105 (and even less on combinations giving more weight to MNT of course).

Barbara

PS I should add, the data I have might differ by some pips from the ones from IG etc; as i understand it, each broker or sb firm has its own (hopefully small) differences. NT and its combos are however very sensitive - at times we win or lose by just 1 pip, so this can make a difference for individual trades. Not on average though over such a long period I've looked at for you.

PPS I too would be interested in a private forum.

Interesting. What is also very interesting is that if you check my official NT 12 month round up post #1326 you will notice something worrying. Babs here has NT backtest for the whole of 2009 @ +1677 pips. However the official figures from RH from June 09 to Dec 09 total +1374 pips. This means than NT performed bloody awfully in the first 1/2 of 2009 banking only 303 pips over six months, only 50 pips a month average!

Seems funny does it not that NT was launched in Q4 09 after it had a very good run in Q3 09. Had it been launched with the first 9 months figures it might not have sold so well :-0 . Are you sure on your 2009 NT figures?

Also Babs I must query your Q1 10 NT figures. You reckon +175, where as the official NT figures from RH add up to +250 pips? Again look at the figures I put in post #1326.

So by an amazing stroke of luck MNT33S is having a very good run in the last 5 weeks and also is doing close to historical highs so far in June 2010. It does not make sense to me that MNT33S is doing very well now when NT struggles but was running even worse than NT in the first 1/2 of 2009 @ +149 pips for 6 months when NT also struggled in the same period only banking +303 pips? The theory was that MNT banked more consistantly when NT did badly. Maybe it's just that there where very few stopouts and lots an lots of drifting down after trap set before reaching 10 pips that caught NT out and MNT33S worse?

Would love a spreadsheet of the daily trade comparison for 2009 showing why MNT33s suffered so badly compared to NT in 2009.

Maybe is just the old adage I have read on here somewhere that back testing is always pointless becasue the market never repeats itself in the future?

Anyway ATM it seems to work ok so I will keep trading it, logging the live dataand we can see where we are in a few months.

M

Can someone invent a system that analyses the trade signals, and then cancels your alarm if it's a no trade? Now that would beworth £247....

Mornin' :sleep: :sleep:

INT is just as intriguing as the rest, and I am logging it live daily now, but even you the inventor doesn't have the courage to trade it every "trade" day no matter what.

M

To be fair it's foolish to blindly follow any single system without some discretion now and again. I do actually trade the INT system most days. I'll only deviate from it if the market is trading near levels of support or resistance or key levels, in which case I might use an order to enter the market. Even then, I typically still trade with the +25 limit because the days when NT achieves +50 are just too few and far between for my liking.