Richard Hill Forex Net Trap

Just thought I'd clear something up here for some of the newer folks ( not that I've been
here that long ) . You'll no doubt be noticing some variation in results this morning - this can be due to a number of factors - volatility being a key one , there will be a spread of entry points to this mornings trades , my own entry was 14702 and 14700 for MNT , and yes I did cheat a little by entering a minute or two early . In my little world if I'm going to go short on a rising candle then I'll do it from the highest point I can even if that means
bending the rules ,and the same works in reverse for going long on a descending candle.

Hope that helps clear up what could be confusing for a newbie to trading.

p.s. don't follow me I'm lost! :cool:

Last edited:
I woke up late & only entered 'at market rate' of 14704, so I got my +50pips, but did any of the true NTrappers get +50 today - its too close on the charts to actually see if you guys made it or not ??

I woke up late & only entered 'at market rate' of 14704, so I got my +50pips, but did any of the true NTrappers get +50 today - its too close on the charts to actually see if you guys made it or not ??

Nope, +50 points for "true net trappers" was not available although from reading this forum it seems that "true net trappers" are already a dying breed.

I went in at 14691, got stopped out at 14721.2

Thats the thing today - do you round up or down? Or round in favour of your direction or against? A bit annoying when its such a close call and rather than being -30 you was +50.

My point of view is that I followed the system, if I did nothing wrong and followed it then its part of the game. If I was wrong in rounding - then this was a lesson to be learnt. Oh well......

I've asked Richard about this and you round the number off. You don't round up or down or in the direction, you round the number off.
.1 - .4 = down
0.5 - 0.9 = up

Hello everybody, I also was stopped out at 14721 having entered at 14691. It might be a "swings and round-a-bouts" thing, but had I used Capital spreads this morning I would not have been stopped out as their highest point was 14717 (as opposed to IG's 14718.4).

MNT +10 NT+22 today. The entry according to RH rules was 14691. I don't know why or how some entered at higher levels, it's not NT rules but their own. As for some being stopped out, maybe a combination of IG slippage again plus the wider spread on IG? Not sure, I won't use IG for NT anymore because of the slippage, I use capital spreads for NT and Twowayspreads for MNT and have not had slippage even once.

Correct entry. You got stopped out becasue NT only has a "net" stop travel of 27 pips on a sell order due to the spread.

Please go back to my posts on the 7/6/10 when this last happened. They are below here:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/81860-richard-hill-forex-net-trap-163.html#post1147028

Read my post #1302 it explains.

It is now good practice to set a stop limit of 33 on sell orders, hence why I did not get stopped out today.

M

Last edited:
MNT +10 NT+22 today. The entry according to RH rules was 14691. I don't know why or how some entered at higher levels, it's not NT rules but their own. As for some being stopped out, maybe a combination of IG slippage again plus the wider spread on IG? Not sure, I won't use IG for NT anymore because of the slippage, I use capital spreads for NT and Twowayspreads for MNT and have not had slippage even once.

Sell 14691 , stop 33 (to ensure 30 pip of stop travel)

TNT 60/60 +30 =

MNT +10

NT +20 closed manually @ 8.30

You're right, I've just gone back to the chart and think I based my entry price on the closing price of the 6.15 candle. These early starts aren't helping my concentration.:sleep:

Nope, +50 points for "true net trappers" was not available although from reading this forum it seems that "true net trappers" are already a dying breed.

not me.

I've been avoiding all these variations although they have proved to be interesting reading.

I'm just sticking with Net Trap, I know it works and it suits my working day.

I am trying to learn and come up with own additional systems though

Good Morning Gentlemen,

Usually I sit on the background and watch you guys but I thought I'd just chip in with a quick set of thanks. Mainly for MNT but also for concurring on days when I make alternative decisions (early entry, exit, SL etc) and at least some of you have the same thoughts. Not exactly following the rules but I have an over riding desire for +ve pips :)

Anyway, I have a question.. I have the book, but its not in it as far as I can see..

Why is that particular MA chosen as the trend line?

cheers :)

Thanks about MNT, just don't shout at me if it has a run of losses sometime in the future :whistling

Asfor the MA.......ask RH by email he may say why. But please please please don't mention the figure as quite a lot of watchers here without the book scratching their heads as to our figures. This is what we paid £247 for!

M

Same here. I've been using this for 3 months now but today was the most frustrating day so far... My problem Is I think I used ETX which obviously is in a slightly different place to IG::confused: This goes down as a day that should have bween +40 and ended up -30... :mad:

Correct entry. You got stopped out becasue NT only has a "net" stop travel of 27 pips on a sell order due to the spread.

Please go back to my posts on the 7/6/10 when this last happened. They are below here:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/81860-richard-hill-forex-net-trap-163.html#post1147028

It is now good practice to set a stop limit of 33 on sell orders, hence wy I did not get stopped out today.

M

Bloody frustrating for Ig'ers really, stopped out by 0.4 of a pip.

On ETX it gives the mid price, but I make my entry -5 off this on sell orders, just to match IG's entry, and I've been adding the extra 3 to the stop on sell orders ever since you pointed this out, though I keep the limit at 50.

The thing is, where do you stop? Annoying as it is to just get stopped out by the odd 1/2 point, you do have to have a limit, and not be tempted to keep upping the stop when you get near it. It's a matter of long term discpline I suppose, over a year, we could easily have a few losses of 33 pips, though without the backtesting I wouldn't know if those extra 3 pips losses are made up for by the days when it got to between 30-33, then went back in your favour.

Certainly this morning, the potential 3 extra pip loss, was rewarded hansomely for a +45 (for me anyway) profit.

It may all be swings and roundabouts in the end.:?:

Why is it good practice?
Has RH updated the system?

Becuase for such a small additional 3 pip gamble on a sell order you are ensuring you get the "true" 30 pip "Stop travel" you enjoy automatically on a "buy" order.

This is two days now this month alone where a 33 stop limit would have avoided you being stopped out on a sell order if you broker has a 3 pip spread which most do.

There have also been no sell orders in the last 5 weeks that have been stopped out @ a 33 stop, so in recent history you are not losing anything.

All you are doing is adjusting RH easy "30" stop rule to ensure you have a 30 stop travel on a sell rather than a 27 stop travel of vanilla NT.

Your choice i guess, I have made mine.

M

Last edited:

It is now good practice to set a stop limit of 33 on sell orders, hence why I did not get stopped out today.

M

Hi Mark,

Interested on whether you have any stats on whether this is more profitable long term. Obviously on a day like today it has a massive gain, but on days when price sails though the stop, it will just cost an extra 3 pips each time, which will obviously rack up in the long term. I would be interested to test this over a long period, but if you've got some stats on this, I wont bother.