Richard Hill Forex Net Trap

If we close above 1.4660, good chances for an extended move. May consider getting out at 8:30 today.

Were in @ 14616. What buy @ open did you get? MNT banked already then?

M

+50 pip day today. 10 from MNT and 40 from NT.
Should have got in at 14610 for MNT but was in at 14612 due to slippage.

Hope it is +50 day for everyone. Good start for the week.

+10 on MNT but only +30 on NT. I trailed my SL up when it went to +40 ish but this was taken out at 07:36. every time I have 'meddled' with the rules it has cost me. today it cost me 20 pips. this will matter if we have a losing day tomorrow

+10 on MNT but only +30 on NT. I trailed my SL up when it went to +40 ish but this was taken out at 07:36. every time I have 'meddled' with the rules it has cost me. today it cost me 20 pips. this will matter if we have a losing day tomorrow

You made a good profit and you protected your position - that is not a bad decision in trading terms! There will be days when such action will have locked in profit when the market continues against you....

Got me +50 pips too. NT +50 MNT +10 (TNT +60).

What trailing stop settings did you use? I set mine when it was about +34 and set it to Stop distance 30 and Step value 10 and still rode to +50.

M

Nice! Has taken my 1.4689 target for +71. But it was pain to watch how it was struggling with 1.4460.

Got me +50 pips too. NT +50 MNT +10 (TNT +60).

What trailing stop settings did you use? I set mine when it was about +34 and set it to Stop distance 30 and Step value 10 and still rode to +50.

M

I was able to watch it today for a change, so trailed it manually to be honest, first locked in 20 pips when it was around +33, then it got to approx +44 then started to sell off a bit and thinking it had possibly run out of steam decided to up SL to +30.

I got out early this morning ,on the seven am candle for 34 pips , felt it was slowing a bit (using a momentum indicator)and a retracment was on the cards :eek:

However 34 pips plus 10 from MNT is a perfectly respectable result and thats what matters, once acceptable gains have been achieved its not a bad idea to 'bank' them -sometimes it costs you further profits , other times it saves you from a retracement ,its a judgement call using what info you have at the time.Also for a good number of Net Trappers its not an option ,as their on the move.

Also sneeked back in on the nine am candle and 'rode' that for another 30 pips,but thats
not net trap- (but its still in the bank) :cool:

I keep getting slipage
would it not be a idea for me to set my order 2-3 pts higher or lower so i would get in a at the correct price
Also why do we have to enter at the high of the 6 15 candle surely it would be better to do it market price at close?
Go easy on me i am a newbie lol
Dan

I keep getting slipage
would it not be a idea for me to set my order 2-3 pts higher or lower so i would get in a at the correct price
Also why do we have to enter at the high of the 6 15 candle surely it would be better to do it market price at close?
Go easy on me i am a newbie lol
Dan

I think the thinking behind placing the order at the previous candle high/low is acting as a further confirmation of the market direction. I and a few others have been using a direct market entry however as I feel it provides a bit more room if the price goes against us - and also means we don't have as far to go to reach the +10 for mini net trap (if you're using that too).

gregus when you say direct market entry is this waht the price is at the time of the 6 15 candle ending?

You have banked pips, tommorow you can raise your stake a bit, if you are trading above min level for your bank.

I usually only trail once past 8am, however today..

50 from pure NT this morning on IG account, which I trailed to breakeven , but I had set a 50 target on MNT, using my free ETX cover, as looked good this morning. Unfortunately I had to go out at 8am, so I also trailed that to +35. When I got to the roundabout before the motorway, I opened IG mobile, and saw I was all done, but realised I might have set my trail too high on ETX. Sure enough stopped out - but for 35 pips at £2.5 thats the most pi55ed off Ive ever been winning £87.50 :LOL:

Even more annoyed though, If I had have been here, and not out at a meeting, I could have trailed the MNT all the way up till lunch time, I'd have had £400+. Fookin day job eh! :LOL: