Richard Hill Forex Net Trap

I think with this euro volatility it is affecting the net trap. I have found that I have stopped out more than I had anticipated. I don't think the debt problems are going anywhere soon and this pattern of stopping out will continue. Personally it is time to head for the exit and get my money back.

I think with this euro volatility it is affecting the net trap. I have found that I have stopped out more than I had anticipated. I don't think the debt problems are going anywhere soon and this pattern of stopping out will continue. Personally it is time to head for the exit and get my money back.

Thanks DS. Only seeing your results, has encouraged me to go forward with this sytem.
Though, my first trade has been a loss, lets see how the month progresses.

Glad to be of some help Bombettor. I'm kinda disappointed with the results so far, only profit of 96 pips for April, but hey, its a profit. I'm still evaluating and I think needs more time. Sorry you got off to a bad start, but good luck with it.
Here's hoping the week gets better :)

Regards
DS

I think with this euro volatility it is affecting the net trap

It should make no difference, any system sold should work in all market conditions.

You can delete your duplicate post by going to it and clicking on "Edit" then delete.

Paul

It should make no difference, any system sold should work in all market conditions.

Interesting. I've never heard of a system that works in all market conditions. For instance a trend following system gets beaten to death in a choppy market. The other point is that any system will have losses. All that matters is that the winners are bigger and/or more frequent than the losers.

I'll certainly run Net Trap for a few weeks more because it is not possible to collect any meaningful statistics over a short term. And it is those statistics that provide the confidence to continue with a system during the inevitable drawdowns.

Of course you have to have a personal cutoff when you decide an opportunity is not worth pursuing. That difficult line between determination and stubborness!

My own net trap IS underwater after 2 weeks, but most of that was a trade I missed that made 50 pips. NT's fault or mine?

Yes it looks quite flat but my understanding was the MA needed to move by at least 1 pip with no more than 2 consecutive candles moving the other way over the lookback period. This condition was satisfied in my chart this morning.

Reading between the lines here but the essence of using the MA is to detect the prevailing trend? To me there was no trend. It was purely the price movement overnight (that mountain shape) which drew the MA into a slightly upward looking line. The price around the key candle was also well below the MA.

Agree with you stevespray.
But I was trying to follow the system as accurately as possible.

Yes also stopped out today unfortunately. I am into mechanical systems so was just following what I think the rules state. I like to try and remove subjectivity so that the results are easily testable. It would be interesting though to look at the results if you only place trades when the MA moves by a larger amount e.g. at least 4 or 5 pips.