Richard Hill Forex Net Trap

Another thing....

That was damn close this morning for the trade to be triggered and then smashing through the SL. Does this happen often?

Another thing....

That was damn close this morning for the trade to be triggered and then smashing through the SL. Does this happen often?

It's not often we have a new PM moving into No. 10 and a slew of Ministerial appointments and policy announcements due... the markets are a little jumpy.

20100512, 8:00am #642 bombettor Sell order at 1.4875 not triggered

hod 15046. what r u doing the whole day long, just sit and wait nad hope ?

1142 GBPUSD +14922 ... bottom
1203 GBPUSD +14937 ... no top, lop 14900

Last edited:
Guys i had 1.4875.2 as my open level and it got triggered, i dont understand how most of you are saying it didnt?

this was the email at 07:10

Thank you for using IG Index.

This message is to confirm that you have placed the following bet:

Date: 12 MAY 2010
Reference: DIAAAAAGBPRKDAN
Size: Sell £1.00 to open
Market: Spot FX GBP/USD 12 MAY 2010
Level: 14875.2
Stop (Not Guaranteed): 14905.20
Limit: 14825.20

Hi N15ksh,

I placed my entry at 14874

on the chart the low was at 14876.2, i tend to round off the decimal point and then take my 2 off from there.

Guys i had 1.4875.2 as my open level and it got triggered, i dont understand how most of you are saying it didnt?

this was the email at 07:10

Thank you for using IG Index.

This message is to confirm that you have placed the following bet:

Date: 12 MAY 2010
Reference: DIAAAAAGBPRKDAN
Size: Sell £1.00 to open
Market: Spot FX GBP/USD 12 MAY 2010
Level: 14875.2
Stop (Not Guaranteed): 14905.20
Limit: 14825.20

I had 14876 as the low on the 6:15 candle so my entry was 2 under that.

No wait.... it was about 300 under that because of my limited IG account :mad:

As a matter of interest, do you round down or up to the nearest whole number?

I had 14876 as the low on the 6:15 candle so my entry was 2 under that.

No wait.... it was about 300 under that because of my limited IG account :mad:

As a matter of interest, do you round down or up to the nearest whole number?

I round off

0.0 - 0.4: round down
0.5 - 0.9: round up

cancelled as well

Oh, and I spoke to IG about upgrading my account to plus and I came under the catagory FAIL for being too poor so I now have to decide if their advice is good and just accept this or move account.

Hello, I've been using capital spreads, they don't even offer a guaranteed loss, let alone impose it on you! that sounded too paternalistic for me too, I'd also place a stop loss and apparently splippage is quite rare in this case.

plus in capital spreads the spread is 2 pips rather than 3 (though someone commented that spread on paper is different from actual spread achieved, and I don't know about their performance on this count).

barbara

Thanks Rugby Trader, the low i saw was 14877.2 do you use mid prices

no, i only use the bid chart when setting up the net trap.

I've just had a look at the chart and it appears that you've used the mid chart rather than the bid chart which is the one you should be using.

Rugby Trader - thanks dude, thats intersting to know i was sure richard uses mid-prices, also do you use bid chart even if the signal is buy mode

Thanks

Rugby Trader - thanks dude, thats intersting to know i was sure richard uses mid-prices, also do you use bid chart even if the signal is buy mode

Thanks

Richard only uses the bid prices even in buy mode. Take two off the low if it's trending down, add 5 to the high if it's trending up.

I have just had a response from IG Index about the fact that the price went beyond my limit (and not only mine) and didn't pay out.

######
Thank you for your email. When leaving an order to open, stops and limits are calculated as a number of points from the opening level ofyour trade. You opened at a level of 14814, with a 50 point limit at 14764. During the period that your trade was open, our charts recorderd a low Ask (Buy) price at 14766.4. This can be seen at 07:29. Unfortunately your limit at 14764 was therefore not triggered and your position subsequently closed at yuor stop level.
#######

I may be wrong but if my chart shows a low of 14763.8 (and not only my chart) then the information is wrong.

Can anyone else shed any light on this?

Richard only uses the bid prices even in buy mode. Take two off the low if it's trending down, add 5 to the high if it's trending up.

Having paid good money for the book not sure we should be revealing so much detail. Some of the questions on here suggest some people either haven't bought the book or haven't read it properly.

Having paid good money for the book not sure we should be revealing so much detail. Some of the questions on here suggest some people either haven't bought the book or haven't read it properly.

As this system is doing so well, the publishers are about to close the offering soon, the publishers have put it on a HALF price offering at £123.50p same money back guarantees. If you don't like it send it back etc. It beats me why they do these kind of offers. The guys who bought it full price, must feel gutted. That's life and trading, unpredictable.

Good luck every body.

I may be wrong but if my chart shows a low of 14763.8 (and not only my chart) then the information is wrong.

The charts and quoted prices often have no correlation at all. I have often seen quotes from IG that were quite a distance from that being shown from their charts. They did used to make the point that charts provided are for indicative purposes only.

Paul

The charts and quoted prices often have no correlation at all. I have often seen quotes from IG that were quite a distance from that being shown from their charts. They did used to make the point that charts provided are for indicative purposes only.

Paul

Cheers Paul

I have just spoken to IG about this and discovered that the figure I saw was the sell price. As my order was a sell in the first place I was looking to buy to get out of it and that figure didn't trigger.

As this system is doing so well, the publishers are about to close the offering soon, the publishers have put it on a HALF price offering at £123.50p same money back guarantees. If you don't like it send it back etc. It beats me why they do these kind of offers. The guys who bought it full price, must feel gutted.

Damn right... especially since I just bought it last Thrusday!!

me1234 - i have been using this system for over 7 months, the details are being raised as we are all comfortable with helping those we believe also have the system. the last time i read the book was 7 months ago, my P&L has been no different to Richard, I was assuming i was correct in trading the mid price until i was enlighten about it on here. That’s what makes forums such as this useful to help each other with our experiences and knowledge.

Yes i understand you feel that people may be trying to obtain information for free, but I’m sure those people would also be smart enough to purchase and then request refund within the time frame.

i am just as happy to give suggestions as well as receive. thats my opinion anyway