Richard Hill Forex Net Trap

Waiting for RH to confirm it was a trade day before I update MNT. However if it was then today was a day INT would have got you into a loss of -30 pips.

INT did this a fair bit the last two weeks of May. I wonder did Goldfinger777 trade INT today? Come on big boy fess up if you took a loss.

M

For those who bother to read RH's updates carefully enough, it was a sell signal after rounding. I don't think it was a "weak sell". In fact, it was a strong signal given the narrow range that the market will move decisively in either direction. I reckon a some kind of "opposite side of the range" strategy with a smaller stop and larger target will be a long-term winner on such days. Shame I so deliberately ignored the bullish signs this morning. After all, the system is only one of the factors to consider... Tough luck for an NT purist this morning.

For those who bother to read RH's updates carefully enough, it was a sell signal after rounding. I don't think it was a "weak sell". In fact, it was a strong signal given the narrow range that the market will move decisively in either direction.

This is how I called it for a my sell trade, also from RH update email about the MA rounding for each candle. I personally use the term "weak sell" for any time the rounded MA is moving by only "1" in the trade direction and less than 2 for the exact movement including decimals.

Anything that is an exact "2" or higher is a is a strong trade for me. Anyway I have emailed RH to confirm as I had 14817 to 14816 (-1) with 6 flat 14815 in between and no two rounded MA rising in a row. So a sell order.

M

My point exactly - Some people saying definite trade some saying potential some saying no trade.

Are the rules so so difficult that it is so hard for us supposedly intelligent people to confirm what they are?

W

My point exactly - Some people saying definite trade some saying potential some saying no trade.

Are the rules so so difficult that it is so hard for us supposedly intelligent people to confirm what they are?

W

Who ever said we were intelligent???:LOL::LOL::LOL:

W

Not difficult no.

Pure Vanilla NT, gave a sell signal this morning. What happens is, when it is a weak rise or fall on the XXXX people start to bottle, and look at other factors, and hence the optimistic and the pessimistic viewpoint of trading or not trading.

It's happened before now that equally weak signals have in fact gone our way - (and won 50 pips too )- and those who did not trade, kicking themselves for not having faith in the 'system'. It's happened to me. Psychologically, I find it's always better to regret something you did do, than something you didn't.

You could log the data, to see which way those weak signals where the XXXX is +/- 1or 2 pips more often go. Unfortunately, it's not just a 50/50 analysis, as we have our R/R to consider, so the numerical analysis becomes harder work, but something I might do from now on, just a few more numbers in my spreadsheet. However, we are pattern seeking animals, often seeing patterns and trends that are non-existent - back to psychology again I'm afraid, even down to the 'I'm up this early, I'm gonna have a punt anyway' that was mentioed earlier.

Mark, I'm farily sure RIchard will call today a trade, and yesterday not, if the rules are interpreted strictly.

Now that gives me an idea for a game show...Strictly Come Trading.....:whistle:lol:

W

RH says on page 21 ' if in doubt stay out ' . :smart:

Remember there is always another day to trade and you need to think about long term trading not short term trading.

If you feel the need to trade/gamble when you are in doubt about MA or any situation where risking money is involved , you will nearly always end up loosing money in my experience (as an ex gambler :eek:).

K:)

I don't understand why so many people traded today. The rules for identifying a trade/no trade clearly showed a no trade day!

Regardless, it's interesting to see that MINT would have banked anyway, which is what I have been using. :confused:

I don't understand why so many people traded today. The rules for identifying a trade/no trade clearly showed a no trade day!

Hang on a minute, I think I am missing the page where it says if it is a trade day but if you look out the window a spot a man crossing the path of a black cat and going under a ladder then don't trade after all. Typical.

RH will confirm later to me, his word is NT law!

M

Regardless, it's interesting to see that MINT would have banked anyway, which is what I have been using. :confused:

But my line on iii.co.uk was falling so I traded!
But yesterday others traded when my graph said no trade.
I think different platforms show slightly different results- Remember spreadbetting platforms have "indicative" graphs meaning they don't have to be 100% accurate.

Hang on a minute, I think I am missing the page where it says if it is a trade day but if you look out the window a spot a man crossing the path of a black cat and going under a ladder then don't trade after all. Typical.

RH will confirm later to me, his word is NT law!

M

It would be easier to discuss on, say, a private forum. :D

Anyway, if you were to take the MA movement over the stipulated period alone, it will have indicated a trade but supplementary checks which RH states in the manual declared it as a negative.

But my line on iii.co.uk was falling so I traded!
But yesterday others traded when my graph said no trade.
I think different platforms show slightly different results- Remember spreadbetting platforms have "indicative" graphs meaning they don't have to be 100% accurate.

This is true, I accept that, but I'm pretty sure Mark uses the same charts as me. ;)

Re: Richard Hill Forex Net Trap - off topic - slightly

Here's a set and forget system for this afternoon -

Switch the telly off at 15:00 and go for your siesta.

Switch it back on at 17:00 for the result.

Saves a lot of stress!

:clap: