Review of FTSEDay.com

Everything is questionable.

Like I said, I'm not not going to argue, you have your view and I have mine.

I make money from his tips, you didn't. I have no idea why this is, I don't know how your trade and how you follow people.

You always put all advice through a filter. It's a no brainer.

But this is not black and white, it's shades of grey.

Think for yourself and don't get influenced by others.

Think for yourself and spreadbet the FTSE? :whistling

Couldn't help it, my input is free of charge.

should there not be a simple system whereby these signal services can be monitored, those doing a good job would welcome independent auditing.

if u buy a pen for £1 on ebay you can clearly see the sellers track record and previous buyers experiences why not for signal services?

should there not be a simple system whereby these signal services can be monitored, those doing a good job would welcome independent auditing.

if u buy a pen for £1 on ebay you can clearly see the sellers track record and previous buyers experiences why not for signal services?

Cos the spammers would not advertise. Thus, the net result is a drop in advertising revenue:whistling

Cos the spammers would not advertise. Thus, the net result is a drop in advertising revenue:whistling

hi Neil

i went to the zulutrade website and looked at the 1,000's of systems being run and monitored, i notice that once a system has been running 3 years the returns tend to converge towards 2%/month , so when looking at systems bear in mind that systems over the long term tend to be able to achieve about 2% growth/month. which does not sound very spectacular but it is compounding marginally faster than Warren Buffett.

No need to monitor ftsedays performance, just follow his live twitter account and the hordes of annoyed ex-customers pointing out his every mistake...

Right or wrong I follow Ftseday for pure entertainment during the trading day for tweets such as ' I never trade on Fridays' guess what its Friday and Ftseday has three crap positions on, most of his trades are against the trend he gets burned disappears for a few hours and the reappears with ' I'm having the best month in ages. ' Comedy gold

Right or wrong I follow Ftseday for pure entertainment during the trading day for tweets such as ' I never trade on Fridays' guess what its Friday and Ftseday has three crap positions on, most of his trades are against the trend he gets burned disappears for a few hours and the reappears with ' I'm having the best month in ages. ' Comedy gold

So I checked this twitter feed out because of all the fuss. Is he not just a comedy genius winding everyone up? True nutters tend to quote all sorts of nonsense from long dead traders interspersed with rants about gold and the Illuminati.

Take one of todays:

"BTW CS will fill you at £100 a point but slowly IG will fill you much much more a friend of mine used to do £5K a point...."

The idea that IG would fill you at 5 grand a point on the FTSE of all things is beyond hysterical. 500 cts is almost half a per cent of total daily summer volume. He = Jimmy Carr.

Exactly. He's comical. I just hope no naive newbies decides to follow his recklessness. If they do they'll get burnt.

why do you trust e-bay ? :cool:

N

Right I've been watching this guy for a few months and have noticed a few things: he is not consistent - he says he's 'done for the day' then carry's on trading - he seems to forget the trades he has lost on when adding up totals. At one kept going on about how ill he is but still managing to trade from a bed - I don't care about these details, all I wanna do is see the trades, and thought that was really unprofessional to say the least. Where's the historic performance? He has called some trades live and they have worked out, but even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I agree with SuddenDeath - there should be an independent auditing company that should be enforced.

Weirdly, FTSEDay (Mike Lucas) spends most of his time taking trades that he states are 'Not Room set-ups'. Some come good, but he'll regularly get absolutely smashed holding onto positions that go against him by say 100 points or more. He does not account for most of his trades. When many months ago he did post some data on his trades it became clear that he: a). traded only small sums. 2). manipulated the figures including paying cash into his account trying to make it look like winning bets 3). didn't seem to realise he was fooling himself. 4) consistently broke all his 'Room' trading rules.

My guess now is that his 'Room' subs paid for him to trade and he did the best he could to make it look like he consistently won. I suspect he sold up his house/car etc. in the UK to fund his loses.

His moderators and all his subscribers left when they realised his trading methods led to financial meltdown!

It is hard to see how people get taken in by it all, but there you go, I did!

Last edited:

he who trusts the track record on ebay and trip advisor does at own peril