Removing X-Trader

charliechan

Experienced member
hi,

i used to use x trader, but i have found another application which suits my needs better.

i clicked on all the guardian files and the x-trader files in add/remove programs and it seemed to work successfully. if i look at the add/remove application list, it would seem x-trader has been removed, but....

there are still a load of files and directories on c: from the application. i know i can simply remove these by deleting the root directory by hand, im just a bit confused as to why the add/remove facility never deleted the whole lot.

my pc works fine any way, its just a bug bear of mine.

cheers,

charlie

what are you using instead, out of interest?

When I removed X_Trader from my home trading PC it also left the folders and a bunch of files in there.. not sure why, unless its leaving audit trail stuff or history files you might not have wanted it to remove. As far as I could see all the registry keys and executables for X_Trader and Guardian components were gone though, so I just deleted the folders with no problems.

yea - the files are not causing any problems - just annoying me. whats not working as it should - msft or tt???

im using a prop' platform acquired by my broker. x trader is a good platform but its bells and whistles are really only applicable to scalpers in my opinion - which i am not.