reminiscence of(yet) a (novice)trader

Quick update on last few weeks.
I took that £100 and was on my way to the next 100.I got to 90 and needed another 10 to withdraw it.....and then I fked it up again.
It was a Thursday with Carney soon to speak.I entered position(I'll prepared(as I do!) and quickly found myself at -100 and then began to claw it back over 2 hours -70 --40 --10(I should have cut it) back to -40 -70 -100! Up and down then an houyr later it gives me +10 for a split second just before Carney is about to open his gob.too slow to react ( and wanting to hold for more!) It reverses and in seconds I'm -200 and then -300 and keeps me in a bind between -100 and -300 for the next several hours before I finally decide I've had enough and close out -250. So rather than taking another £100 I end up paying back 160!
But since I've scalpoed back and taken 3 lots of £50. I dont know why but past few months I get close to £100 and then its like a **** block and I fk it up again.and for past 2 years if I'm short and its good news,of course markets will go against me.but if I'm long they'll fking go against me and same applies to bad news.
Got to keep distilling what I do right and avoid making the obvious silly mistakes resulting from absolutely no preparation and bad discipline.

Quick update on last few weeks....

i see youve kept adding to this thread for approaching 5 years!!!

well done for that

btw year to date 2017, are you in profit?

Last edited:
i see youve kept adding to this thread for approaching 5 years!!!

well done for that

btw year to date 2017, are you in profit?

I'm in it for the long haul.until complete victory.
Well done you for turning a profit a couple of years before me.

you need 5 lifetimes to make back your losses so far.
they may have a broker down in hell for you mate:whistling
or is this just another fantasy island thread.........................................

seems like you're avoiding my question there..

Well done you for turning a profit a couple of years before me.
thanks its nice of you to say so. the pressures on to keep this going now!

btw the thread is too long for me to scroll back and follow much of your trading but a read a few posts. i meant to say 7 years btw dont know where 5 came from.

Last edited:
seems like you're avoiding my question there..

thanks its nice of you to say so. the pressures on to keep this going now!

btw the thread is too long for me to scroll back and follow much of your trading but a read a few posts. i meant to say 7 years btw dont know where 5 came from.[/QUOTE

dont ruin our bromance before its even got going.No profit yet but its coming soon.

I was about to post on someone's blog with whom I've previously conversed with.but I stopped myself as he can be a bit of a wallflower.he may read this and realise its him but what I am about to say can be applicable to him(from his writings,more experienced/better resourced/had mentors...than me) equally to what I would say to newbie traders who want to know where do I start/what do I read...
He is back testing and forward testing one strategy after another and compiling reams of useless statistics and learning to code.to me it appears he is doing everything he can but trade!
I WANT TO SAY PUT ALL THAT SH1# AWAY and start again.
Look at the charts and paper trade and then do more of what works and less of what doesn't.
As for me I'm clipping away more 50s still a little slow and painstakingly but that is improving as I keep doing less of what doesn't work.
Here's a mantra that helps 'NOT MY TRADE' for when you have paper traded and know your setup and if you don't see it,its NOT YOUR FING TRADE!

I was about to post on someone's blog with whom I've previously conversed with.but I stopped myself as he can be a bit of a wallflower.he may read this and realise its him but what I am about to say can be applicable to him(from his writings,more experienced/better resourced/had mentors...than me) equally to what I would say to newbie traders who want to know where do I start/what do I read...
He is back testing and forward testing one strategy after another and compiling reams of useless statistics and learning to code.to me it appears he is doing everything he can but trade!
I WANT TO SAY PUT ALL THAT SH1# AWAY and start again.
Look at the charts and paper trade and then do more of what works and less of what doesn't.
As for me I'm clipping away more 50s still a little slow and painstakingly but that is improving as I keep doing less of what doesn't work.
Here's a mantra that helps 'NOT MY TRADE' for when you have paper traded and know your setup and if you don't see it,its NOT YOUR FING TRADE!

Yes ive seen that scenario were someone focuses their efforts early in their trading journey trying to develop and code a mechanical system without much interest in discretionary trading and it makes you wonder if they have as much chance of success (or more) as a discretionary trader, or at least starting off that way.

what does clipping away more 50s mean btw ?

Yes ive seen that scenario were someone focuses their efforts early in their trading journey trying to develop and code a mechanical system without much interest in discretionary trading and it makes you wonder if they have as much chance of success (or more) as a discretionary trader, or at least starting off that way.

what does clipping away more 50s mean btw ?

Banking £50's
He is about 10 years into his trading journey so not exactly early and I chose the wrong word,wallflower.i was looking to say I don't think he handles criticism too well.
I need to talk to someone like ray dalio.who can codify my methodology,removing me the psychological weak link from the equation and give me cut.id take 20%

Being honest, i think you should just give up and get a job as a window cleaner or something with less stress.....:)

Banking £50's
He is about 10 years into his trading journey so not exactly early and I chose the wrong word,wallflower.i was looking to say I don't think he handles criticism too well.
I need to talk to someone like ray dalio.who can codify my methodology,removing me the psychological weak link from the equation and give me cut.id take 20%

How about setting alerts, order entry, limit order? are you using this much? this can be like in introducing some automation i find.

How about setting alerts, order entry, limit order? are you using this much? this can be like in introducing some automation i find.

All that is too gimmicky.to get you to think you can make money whilst you play golf so that they can part you from your money.I don't play golf.
The alerts may go off but the whole market structure can change by then.so for now I will learn to get better at sitting waiting and watching honing my stalking skills

I mean, this thread has been going on now for 5 years and you still haven't a clue, so give up, get a better job and do something else.......:)

Do you even trade.do .fk that.do you even know what trading is. A real trader knows how difficult it is and would never tell another to quit.
This next bits not for you as you. Don't have a clue about. Trading ,maybe your on the wrong website.this is for other actual traders
Maybe it has taken me a little longer but that is my own fault as my effort/commitment has been half arsed right up to this point but it is all improving.
Was going to write abit. More but cant be added.time better spent focusing only own game
Thank you very much

Do you even trade.do .fk that.do you even know what trading is. A real trader knows how difficult it is and would never tell another to quit.
This next bits not for you as you. Don't have a clue about. Trading ,maybe your on the wrong website.this is for other actual traders
Maybe it has taken me a little longer but that is my own fault as my effort/commitment has been half arsed right up to this point but it is all improving.
Was going to write abit. More but cant be added.time better spent focusing only own game
Thank you very much

:sleep: