Recommended Readings

Psiphere

I used to enjoy learning about Stocks and trading stocks but now that I have started to learn about Forex, I find it far more facinating (and fun) than stocks.

So, inspired from the richdad.com forums, specifically this thread: http://forum.richdad.com/forums/tm.asp?m=340143

I would like to start a thread here with a solid list of 'recommended readings' for Forex.

I'm sure that if we have a look at the list over on Robert Kiyosaki's site there, some of those books can be translated over to the Forex market as well (like some of the Technical Analysis books) but there are a lot of books there in that list that I haven't read myself and do not know personally how well they might translate over.

I haven't been able to find a good thread around on this site that has a list anything like this. The sticky: Guide at the top of this forum has a few good website links that have been posted by members of this forum. There does seem to be a lot of valueable websites out there with info on Forex but I'm looking more for a 'book' list.

Maybe we could create another thread 'Recommended Readings (Online)' and I could rename this one to 'Recommended Readings (Books)' or something like that, but anyways, I'd like to start the list with only two books, since I am fairly new to Forex myself as I mentioned, I don't know which books translate well but I don't want this to turn into a junk list of books but more rather a solid list of books that are generally agreed upon by the membership to have good value and content.

So let me begin with (in no paritcular order):

1. Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques - Steve Nison
2. Market Wizards - Jack Schwager

As more books get added, I can edit this first post (as long as there are no time limit restrictions on editing posts in this forum) to add generally agreed upon books to this 'master list'.

If you have any recommendations, please state the titles and perhaps a note on what the book is about and why you recommend it.

Nison for candlesticks, yes it is specific for tactical entry/awareness - Market wizards is not a technical book but a great read for the success and varying approaches of each of the stars, little hard detail is given away apart from inspiration.

Good start to the list - there is a second wizards book by the way and i have 3 of Nisons books although some repetition is there.