Beginner- recommend book?

amb

2 0
Hi everyone!

I am quite interested in trading and would like to start, but with no prior knowledge I do not know where to begin. Could anybody recommend me a book to read that would give me the knowledge to trade? I have looked on Amazon.co.uk and have found a lot, but do not know which one to purchase.

What book would you recommend?

Thanks

Combo

24 1
Many excellent books, depends on what your plans and goals are, e.g. short term forex trades, or long-term equity investments, commodities, etc.

I trade equities (mostly AIM and TSX stocks) and recommend Peter Lynch's 'One up on Wall Street'. For more depth, Graham's "The Intelligent Investor" is a classic and highly regarded. Fisher's 'Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits' is also highly regarded and endorsed by Warren Buffet.

Market Wizards has some great insights into the approach of successful traders.

List goes on and on but there's enough there to keep you busy for a while! There is also a list here, slightly dated (2006) but includes many excellent books (and the comments include some more recent books too). The Best Investing Books Of All Time - Seeking Alpha

Reactions: james1989

NVP

Legendary member
37,585 2,008
Market Wizards is a good generic read but it wont teach you to trade ......

no one book will....

Trading in the Zone is good as well....

N

amb

2 0
Many excellent books, depends on what your plans and goals are, e.g. short term forex trades, or long-term equity investments, commodities, etc.

I trade equities (mostly AIM and TSX stocks) and recommend Peter Lynch's 'One up on Wall Street'. For more depth, Graham's "The Intelligent Investor" is a classic and highly regarded. Fisher's 'Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits' is also highly regarded and endorsed by Warren Buffet.

Market Wizards has some great insights into the approach of successful traders.

List goes on and on but there's enough there to keep you busy for a while! There is also a list here, slightly dated (2006) but includes many excellent books (and the comments include some more recent books too). The Best Investing Books Of All Time - Seeking Alpha

I wanted to trade equities on the London Stock Exchange

ForexLion

54 3
Reading Books alone may not be sufficient, you need what I would call 'Behavior modification' It has to do with psychology

M

member275544

0 0
John J Murphy technical analysis of financial markets.
I stupidly did a "traders university" what a pile of rubbish and everything was in this book. Had I known, would have saved me a couple of grand..

forever_young

84 1
for beginners i would recommend 'day trading for dummies book'

oh really? is there in the series the one about the trading? I love '... for dummies book'. they are well organized and easier to understand.

neil

Legendary member
5,167 747
I understand you have to start somewhere, but i wouldn't give too much credit to any book. My question about who writes fx books is always the same: what was the saying about who teach?

So many posts in one day ! Are you building up the number of posts to launch a spam attempt on T2W?
So many of you guys posting lots of pointless, non educational, drivel in order to build up post count.
(n)

Reactions: Shakone

djrivum

10 0
Encyclopedia of Chart Patterns, by Thomas N. Bulkowski was recommended to me, ive found that useful

Shakone

2,458 665
Hi everyone!

I am quite interested in trading and would like to start, but with no prior knowledge I do not know where to begin. Could anybody recommend me a book to read that would give me the knowledge to trade? I have looked on Amazon.co.uk and have found a lot, but do not know which one to purchase.

What book would you recommend?

Thanks

Given that no book is really going to make you a good trader, and that you'll need time and reflection and study, I'd suggest that you try books that open your mind a bit and make you think and are appropriate

So with that in mind, I'd suggest (and most of them are cliche),

Reminisces of a Stock Operator
Wyckoff's book/course on tape reading
Mind over Markets by Dalton
Reading Price Charts Bar by bar, Al Brooks
The Market Wizards books
Pring's book (can't remember the title)
Evidence based technical analysis, Aronson

A good book on probability and statistics, there are loads of these
A good and simple maths-finance book, i.e. wilmott et al

Options, Futures and blah blah, by Hull
Option Volatility and Pricing, Natenberg
forex patterns and probabilities, Ponsi

Golf is not a game of perfect (someone on T2Win (dash maybe?) recommended this and I thought it was actually surprisingly helpful)

New trading systems and methods, Kaufman

That should take a few years

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock