Essential Books for New Trader

sollytear

1 0
Hi T2W,

Does anyone has a list of books they recommend that I should read? I am new to trading, with no direct experience, but I do work in a related job and I have a mathematical background.

Im after books on trading psychology (both personal and the markets), market entry techniques, money management (formulas?), indicators (preferably technical with solid back-testing) and anything else you suggest.

Thanks guys,
Joe!

LuKOs.ro

52 2
Edwin Lefèvre - Reminiscences of a stock operator. Go for it.
Jack D. Schwager - Market Wizards and
Jack D. Schwager - The new Market Wizards
Alexander Ender - Trading for a Living

Check library.nu for dl

alexander

353 35
My opinion is that you must focuss on understanding and applying risk management. Systems theory and analysis can offer you very little as there is no edge in most of the books and they are a waste of time and money. There is a lots of free insight around. This is what I was able to find with a fast search:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-trading-chat/136856-new-trading.html#post1695850

WSL

19 0
Hi T2W,

Does anyone has a list of books they recommend that I should read? I am new to trading, with no direct experience, but I do work in a related job and I have a mathematical background.

Im after books on trading psychology (both personal and the markets), market entry techniques, money management (formulas?), indicators (preferably technical with solid back-testing) and anything else you suggest.

Thanks guys,
Joe!

How Technical Analysis Works - Bruce M. Kamich
Trading for a Living - Alexander Elder
Encyclopedia of Chart Patterns - Thomas N. Bulkowski
Reminiscences of a Stock Operator - Edwin Lefèvre

I'm currently reading "How to Make Money in Stocks" by William O'Neil. Easy reading. Pleasant.

davifx

5 0
Since the guys before me said what must be read, I would like to add that the most important part of trading is practicing!!! Practice , practice and again practice…..

Good Luck