Real time prices/charts

Joely

Hi all, great forum and wealth of knowledge available. Just have a few newbie questions. I am after a resource which will give me a list of real time prices (Ftse 100) for all stocks from the opening at 8am. Also require real time intraday charting. Had a look around but slightly confused with the options out there. A friend recommended sharescope. Any thoughts on that or other recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Hi all, great forum and wealth of knowledge available. Just have a few newbie questions. I am after a resource which will give me a list of real time prices (Ftse 100) for all stocks from the opening at 8am. Also require real time intraday charting. Had a look around but slightly confused with the options out there. A friend recommended sharescope. Any thoughts on that or other recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Depends on what you want out of the charting package. There are quite a few. Esignal are better than sharescope with a comparable cost (also esignal data will feed other 3rd party software if you didn't like theirs...ninja trader for example). i personally use updata for a variety of reasons.

but real time prices you could just as easily find from a broker. the prices are going to be as near as dammit but the charting itself will differ from broker to broker.
IG have a half decent charting tool, nothing great but better than most, but you need to pay about £20 for but its free if you place a trade with them in the month.
Like I say, its difficult without an idea as to what features you are looking for..
eg type of charts, line, candle P&F, renko
backtesting facility
build your own indicators
proprietary indicators etc etc

let me know and will be glad to help..just one question though..you say you're a newbie but you joined in 2008 and this is your first question..surely it didn't take you 5 years to get started?

Last edited by a moderator: