Real time prices/charts

Joely

1 0
Hi all, great forum and wealth of knowledge available. Just have a few newbie questions. I am after a resource which will give me a list of real time prices (Ftse 100) for all stocks from the opening at 8am. Also require real time intraday charting. Had a look around but slightly confused with the options out there. A friend recommended sharescope. Any thoughts on that or other recommendations? Thanks in advance!

M

member275544

0 0
Hi all, great forum and wealth of knowledge available. Just have a few newbie questions. I am after a resource which will give me a list of real time prices (Ftse 100) for all stocks from the opening at 8am. Also require real time intraday charting. Had a look around but slightly confused with the options out there. A friend recommended sharescope. Any thoughts on that or other recommendations? Thanks in advance!
Depends on what you want out of the charting package. There are quite a few. Esignal are better than sharescope with a comparable cost (also esignal data will feed other 3rd party software if you didn't like theirs...ninja trader for example). i personally use updata for a variety of reasons.

but real time prices you could just as easily find from a broker. the prices are going to be as near as dammit but the charting itself will differ from broker to broker.
IG have a half decent charting tool, nothing great but better than most, but you need to pay about £20 for but its free if you place a trade with them in the month.
Like I say, its difficult without an idea as to what features you are looking for..
eg type of charts, line, candle P&F, renko
backtesting facility
build your own indicators
proprietary indicators etc etc

let me know and will be glad to help..just one question though..you say you're a newbie but you joined in 2008 and this is your first question..surely it didn't take you 5 years to get started?

Last edited by a moderator:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock