Re - should there be a commerical sub forum for vendors

Should T2W have a separate sub forum for commercial posts/vendors?

• Total voters
But how would you feel if anyone could set up a course on how to conduct open heart surgery, and the graduates of those courses, where then deemed to be qualified work in hospitals, operating on members of the public.

Would that be OK for you, or would you prefer that there was some degree of regulation, where surgeons where required to study in accredited institutions, taught by people who actually had experience of treating live patients ?

In one case, you risk losing your life, and in the case of a trading vendor, you only risk losing your wealth.

and what if they tried to convince you that they were genuine surgeons by having nice testimonials on their website from people they had operated on, only to later find out that they had just made them up with photos they copied from the internet?

so i think the whole anti-vendor campaign is boll0x
Agreed. And not to mention totally boring.

Until someone actually causes a problem through trying to gyp gullible newbies, or free ad their wares or any other apparent subterfuge that most of us old hands are already well enough equipped to handle on an ad hoc basis, I'm not going to spend any more time reading this drivel about vendors. It’s far worse than anything vendors ever come up with in terms of wasted time and effort against any payback.

At least with a genuine and justified vendor bash you get the fun of poking holes, making them look stupid and eventually hounding them out.

This crap has NONE of that.

So, I’m not investing, I’m out.

Carry on bitching bitches.

Futex have much insight into trading and are happy to share their experiences and to, at times, help clear up misconceptions. This is why Futex started a thread to answer proper questions about Futex. We have nothing to sell because we already have huge interest for places on our trading floors. We interact here because there are people here who ask for our help and regularly private message us.

Agreed. And not to mention totally boring.

Until someone actually causes a problem through trying to gyp gullible newbies, or free ad their wares or any other apparent subterfuge that most of us old hands are already well enough equipped to handle on an ad hoc basis, I'm not going to spend any more time reading this drivel about vendors. It’s far worse than anything vendors ever come up with in terms of wasted time and effort against any payback.

At least with a genuine and justified vendor bash you get the fun of poking holes, making them look stupid and eventually hounding them out.

This crap has NONE of that.

So, I’m not investing, I’m out.

Carry on bitching bitches.

So where were you yesterday?

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/133242-sky-hamilton-2.html

is there any sign of an increase in "secret vendors"? You know, those who act as kosher members and use more devious means to attract potential customers.

You tell me, surely if its such a problem for the business you'll probably be tracking the number of people being banned for this reason. That number is either increasing, or its not.

Then again, maybe you are just not identifying them, or perhaps you, or someone else is identifying them, but turning a blind eye (remember not all members are equal)

I would say that there are signs, but they are so bleedin obvious and blatent, you couldnt really call them "signs"

and what if they tried to convince you that they were genuine surgeons by having nice testimonials on their website from people they had operated on, only to later find out that they had just made them up with photos they copied from the internet?
Have you recently been a victim of precisely this ploy?

No. Didn’t think so.

Have you recently been the victim of ANY ploy - trading related or any other kind?

No. Didn't think so.

Have your actions and all those of all the other randomly vacuous bashers of non-existent vendors over the last few months spent carping on about an evil that doesn't actually exist, actually saved anyone from any such ploy?

Probably not.

Maybe it was acceptable but it turned to an ugly discussion and the end wasn't that pleasant .

ok - but ignoring how it developed (and that's probably moderators' fault) do you think it acceptable for a vendor to have a thread to answer questions about their product. We're a bit haphazard on this at the moment - allowing some and not others.

jon

Have you recently been a victim of precisely this ploy?

No. Didn’t think so.

Have you recently been the victim of ANY ploy - trading related or any other kind?

No. Didn't think so.

Have your actions and all those of all the other randomly vacuous bashers of non-existent vendors over the last few months spent carping on about an evil that doesn't actually exist, actually saved anyone from any such ploy?

Probably not.

Well thats arguable, I can think of City Financial Traders as one possible example. They used fake testimonials and took money off people for training courses and then disappeared. Certainly some companies use these sort of tactics to get money off people, of that there is no doubt. Yesterday was just the latest example.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/websites/126678-did-anyone-heard-cityfinancialtraders-co-uk.html

Just checked out the link provided.

A very high probability shill posts. Post #1.

From post #2 it's clear it's a scam, whatever.

Where exactly is there a problem with how that got dealt with? It was murdered in the womb quick as a flash. As they pretty much always are.

The fact that a few of you manage to carry it on for X posts discussing the spelling, grammar and thuggy prose style is a separate issue and I’m all for the lulz, but don’t kid yourselves you’re doing a public service to t2w or that this indicates any lack in the current handling of vendors.

No newbies were harmed in the killing of this attempt at covert vending. However, hundreds have probably been put off for good by the hundreds of vacuous posts that have absolutely nothing of interest in relation to trading.

do you think it acceptable for a vendor to have a thread to answer questions about their product.

The other place has "The Monkey Cage" where posts from monkeys are quarantined. Its a very good idea, in fact, its a work of pure genius.

If you wish to remove the thread, that is fine. It was a thread properly conceived on the basis of removing the misconceptions of mis-informed people about the largest independent private prop trading firm in UK, with answers from FUTEX, not just random conjecture from subscribers (may of them who were rejected from Futex).
We believe we can give the best and most accurate answers, which may be beneficial to many of your readers

Just checked out the link provided.

A very high probability shill posts. Post #1.

From post #2 it's clear it's a scam, whatever.

Where exactly is there a problem with how that got dealt with? It was murdered in the womb quick as a flash. As they pretty much always are.

The fact that a few of you manage to carry it on for X posts discussing the spelling, grammar and thuggy prose style is a separate issue and I’m all for the lulz, but don’t kid yourselves you’re doing a public service to t2w or that this indicates any lack in the current handling of vendors.

No newbies were harmed in the killing of this attempt at covert vending. However, hundreds have probably been put off for good by the hundreds of vacuous posts that have absolutely nothing of interest in relation to trading.

Make your mind up, you were accusing us of being 'randomly vacuous bashers of non-existent vendors' a minute ago.

Make your mind up, you were accusing us of being 'randomly vacuous bashers of non-existent vendors' a minute ago.
OK. OK. You win. I’ve made my mind up.

You're all doing a fantastic job for t2w and the staff and admin need to be doing far more to assist you in your selfless endeavours and it certainly wouldn’t hurt for them to show their appreciation for your valiant efforts (iPads, stuff like that).

jon - could you please set up a vendors-only thread and hang a little sign on the front of t2w saying that covert vendors can't be covert anymore and they have to post in the vendors-only thread. Also, make pboyles & co. vendor-squad mods. They can then patrol the boards (covertly of course) and hunt down potential vendors by using word-pattern searches and secure covert personality profiling.

Of course, we’ll lose a few genuine posters in the ensuing Kristallnacht, but God will know his own and it will keen them busy (and hopefully not posting)…

I really am out this time.

ok - but ignoring how it developed (and that's probably moderators' fault) do you think it acceptable for a vendor to have a thread to answer questions about their product. We're a bit haphazard on this at the moment - allowing some and not others.

jon

Maybe we should differentiate between registered and regulated brokers where if we have any complaint we could go to the regulatory body and between other vendors who can disappear in an eye blink .

Not all the vendors are the same.

:idea::idea::idea:What about having a sub forum with vendors who have at least 3 year track record of being consistently profitable traders?

That would create a lot of traffic and boost the genuine vendors business.