Random!

any decent bookshops in London?
particularly intersted in: science, trading, paranormal, philosophy.
(when I mean good, I mean stocking more than the usual run-of-the-mill stuff.)
I think I might take tomorrow off and have a long weekend on London.

any decent bookshops in London?
particularly intersted in: science, trading, paranormal, philosophy.
(when I mean good, I mean stocking more than the usual run-of-the-mill stuff.)
I think I might take tomorrow off and have a long weekend on London.
Mysteries. Monmouth St (Covent Garden). Watkins (back of Leicester Sq.). Hatchards Picadilly (almost next door to Fortnum & Mason). Foyles (Charing Cross). Financial World Bookshop (Bishopsgate) [is it still there? Open weekends? - been a while since....]. Books etc and Waterstones (Picadilly).

my engine blew up on the m25 :eek: I would of thought a focus with 50k on the clock would of lasted a bit longer than that.... Hmm new motor time

i packed half my house last night.......kept pouring rum and coke to get me going......now i cant remember what is in which box

I may be a big hairy bloke, but I have prettier toes than the average flip-flop wearing female London commuter. My tube journeys at the moment are just a freakshow of deformed, crooked, scabby, dirty little piggies. Put them away you grotesque slags.

Razor blades

I've mostly always used wilkinson swords disposable razors.

Last year i bought some SuperMax3 (3 blades) that were a new product on offer. Buy 4 + 4 free in the packet........I have been using them since the winter, and thought i had a coldsaw round my mouth from the cold, which the razors were re-irritating when i shaved, although i've never had coldsores b4. I've had to keep putting on vaseline to sooth the sore!

Anyway, last week it dawned on me it might be the SM3's that are the problem, so switched back to WS razors. The result has been no more irritation, and healthy skin around my mouth.

I think the 3--blade system is a con. They argue a smoother shave, due to a smoother shaving surface etc. but i cut myself with them just as much as i do with 2 blades, if not more, which i see as being due to the bigger razor blade covered area.
SM3's also have a "nature strip" made up of the healing, anti-bacterial, anti-microbrial tea-tree oil. I don't think i'm allergic to it, as have used TTO in other H&B products.

Lesson learnt - stick to establishedbrands like WS, and when you find a product you're happy with, if it ain't broke........

my engine blew up on the m25 :eek: I would of thought a focus with 50k on the clock would of lasted a bit longer than that.... Hmm new motor time

My engine self-destructed on the first day i used my current car 2 years ago. I had to buy a new recondtioned engine :eek: :devilish: .Luckily i got the car fairly cheap, and so with the new engine, it still worked out as a pretty good deal. It meant being without a car for 3 weeks though, which is a massive inconvenience.
Two months b4 that, when joyriders crashed into my car outside my house, then sped off, never being caught, this was an even bigger inconvenience, and meant waiting for the insurance to decide whether they'd rwrite it off or not. They eventually decided to write it off, after abouut 4 weeks of my wasted time :eek: :devilish: :devilish: .

I bought some moderately posh sunnies at the airport last month. Took them off to put them on my head this morning(as I was on the train - not cool wearing sunnies if it's not actually sunny imho). Bloody lens clicked out of the frame. Managed to click it back into place but not best pleased. Never bought a pair of shades and paid more than twenty quid before (as I always sit on them or something) and they're falling apart. And if I want to take them back to the shop I have to wait till I next pass through Heathrow. And I never intend to use that stinkhole again.

Grrrrrr
Thanks - random rant over.

GJ

Its called sods law :rolleyes: ;) .

I bought some half decent polarised £10 SG's off ebay 2 years ago, and couldn't break them or lose them if i tried. The same could not be said about my Ray-Ban's, which i lost on the beach within a week! This made me swear not to buy over-priced gimmicky SG's again!

We're encouraged to do more exercise as it's good for our hearts. Walking or climbing stairs wearing a rucksack is good exercise for example.

Fat people strain and damage their hearts by carrying around excess weight.

Reconcile the two? Fatties should be fit because they carry excess weight.

We're encouraged to do more exercise as it's good for our hearts. Walking or climbing stairs wearing a rucksack is good exercise for example.

Fat people strain and damage their hearts by carrying around excess weight.

Reconcile the two? Fatties should be fit because they carry excess weight.

Good point.

about a year ago i was listening to an interview on radio 2 with a vicar about health, fitness etc.
He said that he has not buried ANY young fatties at all. But he has buried SEVERAL young "fitties", i.e. people who are in the gym most days etc. :confused:

sunglasses.. had to change my glasses recently and the wife sprung for a pair of variofocals with uva filters built in ...initially I felt a 'pr...ck' ,but I apologised to the guy and explained it was a new prescription ...I was sure I'd left my bike pump there.

Got to say convenient beyond belief ...bit like getting your first dishwasher ...once you've had one you wouldn't go back...no messing about switching glasses ...can read outside without getting migraine from the sunlight....can oggle all the ladies and the wife doesn't know where you are looking ;)
worth the money although I remember when slapping a deposit on a house cost less ...that's progress for you.

here's something random that I want to get off my chest:

Some dumb f*ck wants to develop a flying car. Not knocking the innovation involved to do so, but in light of all this carbon footprint business it's going to be a waste. Think about it: a vast amount of energy is required to get off the ground and the trade off is just silly in energy terms.

Also on the subject of travel, why can't we revert to propeller planes for long distance flights. They're more efficient but the journey is slower, now how's about that fuel and time trade off - or are the airlines not making enough already?

The older you get, as a man, do you appreciate the aesthetic beauty of attractive young/younger women (i.e. 20+), much more so than when you were of that age yourself. I do, and a lot of my friends do. I wonder why?

I recently got very chatty with a young 22 yr old polish girl student...excellent company, a breath of fresh air

Then reality takes over.....reality really stinks doesnt it.....nice to dream though..:rolleyes: