Ram

oatman

I'm looking to buy RAM online. Any suggestions please?
To save time :cheesy:

Cheers

Oatman, if it is a Dell laptop then you need a ram module which is only available from Dell, I bought the very thing last year and had no problems. If you have a P.C. then you may be able to use any supplier online.

I've bought 512MB RAM on-line from Crucial UK. Highly recommended, especially after I bought a supposedly matched pair of Dimms (which weren't) from a shop which shall remain nameless.

You do need the name and model number of your motherboard to buy from Crucial but they have an on-line configurator and give you all the RAM options for that MB. Good prices too!

Last edited:
I second sharky. crucial are the best place for memory!

Regards,

Imran

Thanks Demon...I'll check them out. I've found a few but by the time I've added P&P and on one site a £5 charge for orders under £49, I might as well buy locally.

Cheers

Demon,

Gone with Ebuyer. One of them wanted £8 shipping for an order under 1Kg!

Cheers

Ebuyer charged £1.99 for 3 day shipping. Ordered yesterday received this morning. How's that? :cheesy: RAM up and running.

Cheers

I buy mine second hand ex ebay.. 512MB PC2100 RAM for £30 incl delivery. Sold my 375MB PC100 RAM for £27.50. Net cost £2.50:)

Careful use of ebay and an auction sniper (I bought Auction Sentry - very good) means you can bid at least moment.. (£36 for Athlon 2000 cpu:)