Quotetracker feed

Finlayson

I am Looking for alternative to tenfore for datafeed, basically what I need is the ability to display 5,10 15 min bars(candlesticks), tick chart with Volume would be nice.........but not essential

I spreabet the Dax & Swiss ( Poss FTSE) so Eurex exchange.

is this possible with quotetracker, if it is any suggestions about possible data suppliers(real-time) & how this is done would be most appreciated.

just want something reliable & obviously lower cost the better

if this has already been posted somewhere forgive me & point me in the right direction

p.s simple explanations please :)

Thanks in advance

Jay

Last edited:
IB / sierra

you obviously are trading spreadbets.
however. if you place the minimum amount into the IB account you will get access to the DAX AND SMI for 8 euros amonth + £24
for SIERRA every six months

I don't know of anything cheaper.
only thing is the money you have to commit to IB.

cheers one/two

that is a possability, do u know what the minimum is by any chance

I pressume 'Sierra' is a charting package.......where do I get this?

jay

I presume they want you to have enough money in their to cover one contract - depending on the contract approx £1800 +

you will find every thing you need about sierra on the software section of "trade 2 win".

Thanks folks,

the IQ feed looks OK for eurex futures

Oatman

yes, already payed up!, I liked the tenfore QS charting package, but for what u pay their service could be better

Jay

I think their feed is OK(SAT) but the chart package is not very comprehensive. I've had the feed alongside different real time trading platforms and they seem to be in sync. I've always used it to feed other software as well.
I find the boys in support quite helpful. You must have upset someone :cheesy:

Good luck

Oatman

I do like the feed & yes u r right .....they were very helpful really especially a chap called 'Bernd' in Germany, he was very helpful & got me out of a few pickles.

I probably shouldn't have said that as the 'outages' I kept having while on it were probably not their fault as I was having many technical difficulties at the time with new system& bugs etc.

I just couldn't get my system reliable enough to justify the cost, so I cancelled temporarily..........since then I found T2W & have seen there r alternatives, so thought I would consider something else

Cheers

Jay

Data Feed ? Food for thought!

Medved's QuoteTracker free package that has an excellent interface, and with a DDE server built in. Using this it should be possible to drive programs like TradeStation.

http://www.quotetracker.com/qsources.shtml look here for the best deals on data feeds.

http://www.hypertrader.it/htools.shtml

This company builds interfaces to the TradeStation range of products, and these are FREE TOOLS, so it makes that old tradestation rather nice.

They have this note on their web site. So is it time for the SB companies to get with the program and start, acting like real brokers.

Important Note:
For RealTime Quote Vendors and End Users we are ready consider any new datafeed not available in this list.

If enough users were to request this service then we may persuad companies like FinSpreads.com to allow this company to build an interface to their data - that they transmit anyway and that would eliminate the data providers bill altogether. Also it would eliminate the vast market/ their quote differences that appear every now and again. It would be similar to using the inhouse provided charting packages but to your own favourite package.

The wolrd wide community for TradeStation is about 30,000 and there are many forums, with hint and tips of all kinds.

I hope that this is useful.

Artful

If I could vote I would certainly vote for you. This is extremely valuable information. Hypertrader will certainly vex OnDemand Server and HistoryCentre authors and with DTN RT this makes for a really cost effective solution to feeding data into Tradestation. Once again thanks.

DaveG

Dglynn.
Why can't you vote?
Click on the profile, and vote from there. I'm assuming that you are talking about a member vote, and as yet don't want to vote Artful for prime minister.

Thanks for the Votes, More food for thought.

Guys,

I am not big on posting, so when there is something worth doing then it is time to put pen to paper.

Tradestaion is a very do-able thing these days, especially if you use to the 2000i range of products. Especially since the advent of the hypertrader tools. I feel that trading in general is becoming of age in this country.

http://www.cbot.com/cbot/docs/handbook.pdf

This is a direct link and it takes a bit of time to come in as it is 346 pages.

Those interested should do some research, both the CME and the CBOT offer this six part floor traders study guide writen by Steidlmayer the conclusion is a work on the Market Profile. Study their stuff then understand what they are doing. Trade with confidence.

Also works like Day Trading With Short Term Price Patterns and Opening Range Breakout by Toby Crabel can be found on some of the Peer-to-peer networks like - overnet - there you will find gold. Toby Crabels work looks to be a practical trading method of the Market Profile.

Amazon are selling this $95 dollar book now out of print at this link.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...=sr_8_1/104-7755199-9146328?v=glance&n=507846

This is an Amazon link to the Auction of this book circa $1100.

This is the book that you have been looking for.

Cheers Artful

Options

Thank you for the advise - I'd not used the voting facility until now and was unsure how to use it.

DaveG