Question about Trading US Stocks with a Limited Company

dojistar

71 1
I trade US Stocks. If I open a Limited Company here in the UK to trade the US Stocks, how does the Inland Revenue calculate the profits as they will be in $US Dollars. Feedback appreciated.

M

member275544

0 0
I trade US Stocks. If I open a Limited Company here in the UK to trade the US Stocks, how does the Inland Revenue calculate the profits as they will be in $US Dollars. Feedback appreciated.

you need to use an approved method of converting the US$ back into GBP. Typically, a month end rate will be used by most companies, in the extreme a daily conversion but this is unusual from what I've seen in practice. They would generally take the financial times rate on that month end date.
Your revenue in US$ x FT exchange rate = revenue in GBP
after conversion, you then deduct any expenditure to arrive at your taxable profits. The FT month end rate is a well established rate used by HMRC.
check with them, they probably have loads of approved conversion methods if the one I've mentioned doesn't suit you

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock